Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

AZengus

Cable Smoosher
Aug 5, 2019
Nevermind, finally got that to work. My last problem is a slight flex in the chassis which makes the M3 screws too short for the side panels. I might have to call it a day and stop by a hardware store tomorrow to search for some screws.

honeybeater92

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2019
I ended up getting the proper flex-ATX unit on Amazon; there appeared to be other issues with the unit.

Has anyone completed a VK-3 build yet? I have another dilemma with how tight the tolerance is with fitting cables in and around the case, haven't been able to close it completely yet so far.

Most of my attempted cable routes have put a lot of pressure on the power button, and the other times I simply don't have any space left over to dump the SATA/molex cables. My motherboard ASUS B450-I has a generous amount of heatsinks splayed all over, which probably isn't helping things either.

I'm waiting for the case and I'm missing a motherboard. I'm getting the mobo tomorrow so I will give it a try to assemble the configuration with the FSP FLEX PSU 400W.

My other specs are:

Mobo: Z370N Wifi Gigabyte mini itx
RAM: 2x8GB dual channel 3200MHz Kingston
CPU: i5 8500
PSU: Flex ATX 400W fsp400-60fggba
Storage: 2x512GB nvme samsung evo plus in raid 0
GPU: GTX 1660TI from Zotac

I'm very curious whether this will be sufficient for the PSU to handle.

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
Anyone got any temps on a 3900x inside a vk5? Admittedly I like the idea of an asetek dan a4 but it won't be in stock til november and I'll have to build something soon for some projects that need more grunt before that! - also waiting on some 3600mhz 32gb ddr4 dimms to hit the market, otherwise it's overclock some 3200 and make more heat :eek: - part of the reason for liking the asetek is for stability when putting the machine into a carry on backpack but maybe the vk5 has the fan almost braced by the side of the case grill?

@VELKASE Michael this 6.7 litre slim case you're thinking of - is this a flat form factor like a sentry or another shoebox? It might work even better for me!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Anyone got any temps on a 3900x inside a vk5? Admittedly I like the idea of an asetek dan a4 but it won't be in stock til november and I'll have to build something soon for some projects that need more grunt before that! - also waiting on some 3600mhz 32gb ddr4 dimms to hit the market, otherwise it's overclock some 3200 and make more heat - part of the reason for liking the asetek is for stability when putting the machine into a carry on backpack but maybe the vk5 has the fan almost braced by the side of the case grill?

@VELKASE Michael this 6.7 litre slim case you're thinking of - is this a flat form factor like a sentry or another shoebox? It might work even better for me!

Flat. It will have more strict hardware compatibility than the VK-5 despite its larger size, if made.

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
Sfx / flex?

Has anyone done a high tdp build with the vk5 on air - something like the 3900x or 9900k to measure how it throttles?

Arclight

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 10, 2019
Hello, will the Velka 5 fit an EVGA 1080 FTW2? I'm mostly concerned about the GPU's height, which is 128.7mm. I looked around for a bit and I couldn't find any super solid feedback on whether it would 100% work or not. Thanks!

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hello, will the Velka 5 fit an EVGA 1080 FTW2? I'm mostly concerned about the GPU's height, which is 128.7mm. I looked around for a bit and I couldn't find any super solid feedback on whether it would 100% work or not. Thanks!

It should fit with low profile PCIE power connectors, if you can find any. There will be only 13 mm of space from the edge of the PCB to the case wall and regular connectors need 18 mm minimum.

@VELKASE Michael is there any chance to see photos of the Velka 3 with the cover in single slot "mode"?
I tried to search for it in this thread but couldn't find any.

Does this work or are you looking for photos with hardware installed?

killerdan56

Caliper Novice
Jul 30, 2018
I say velka 7 have I/O face downwards with some tall feet that leave enough of a gap for angled cables and also add some type of handle to top part