Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Thanks for your help, you've convinced me the LiHeat riser is the way to go. I think I'll still try the ADT and LinkUp risers incase anyone else in wondering since they're also very popular in other sandwich cases, but it doesn't seem like they would work.

Unfortunately I already filed out the form without it though, is there an easy way to update it? I'm not very familiar with google forms.

You can just submit another one and I'll manually remove your old one.

Reactions: caniplaymayo

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Velka 5 can have the same layout as 3 with SFX power supply support instead of Flex ATX and 65 mm CPU cooler clearance instead of 37 mm. Everything else can stay the same. External volume: 5.2 - 5.7 L. How does that sound?

edit: concept has changed

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
If you can offer SFX PSU support, 65mm cooler clearance and dual slot full height GPU support at 5.7l I will be impressed. I have a MI-6 and it required 6.7l to fit those components.

Reactions: Weredawg

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
and 2 slot gpu?
If so, sounds pretty damn good to me.
yes, ITX size (RTX 2070 max)

If you can offer SFX PSU support, 65mm cooler clearance and dual slot full height GPU support at 5.7l I will be impressed. I have a MI-6 and it required 6.7l to fit those components.
That's the idea. It will need to have a similar extension mechanism as the current case, so at 5.7 L it will only fit cards that are exactly 170 mm in length, up to a maximum of 183 mm at 6.2 L. Most ITX sized cards are around 175 mm in length, so it would be about 6.0 L in a real use case scenario.

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Velka 5 can have the same layout as 3 with SFX power supply support instead of Flex ATX and 65 mm CPU cooler clearance instead of 37 mm. Everything else can stay the same. External volume: 5.7 L. How does that sound?

Sounds interesting - I assume the width/height increase (but not depth) to account for the larger PSU/cooler ??

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Sounds interesting - I assume the width/height increase (but not depth) to account for the larger PSU/cooler ??

Yes. Width will increase by about 39 mm, height will increase by about 23 mm, depth/ length will remain the same.

LuKO

Efficiency Noob
Feb 16, 2019
When we can expect ordering availability VK-3 ? :)
Approximate price VK-3 ?
Thank you for your response.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
When we can expect ordering availability VK-3 ? :)
Approximate price VK-3 ?
Thank you for your response.

3 months or less. A more accurate estimate will be announced soon.

Case only: 99.99 USD
with riser: 119.99 USD

Reactions: sid21177

LegendsofMace

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Are these cases only meant to be placed vertically? Just curious to know if laying them down would be a viable option or not with some rubber feet...

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Are these cases only meant to be placed vertically? Just curious to know if laying them down would be a viable option or not with some rubber feet...

That can be done if reducing airflow for either the CPU or GPU compartments is not a concern (like in most "console style" cases) and if you would be ok with the appearance.

The bottom sides of some these cases may have a different color/finish, additional vent holes, screws, bends, etc, so making the bottom side face towards a corner (away from yourself) to hide those features would be advisable.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
The only appearance change is that the side bends in the front are now continuous.
??

Will you consider offering (as an accessory) a plate to block off the rear opening in the 37mm non-GPU config ??
The 4 holes on the PCI slot spine can be (repurposed as ??) the screw points

EDIT:
Dust filter kit ala velka-M ??

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
??

Will you consider offering (as an accessory) a plate to block off the rear opening in the 37mm non-GPU config ??
The 4 holes on the PCI slot spine can be (repurposed as ??) the screw points

EDIT:
Dust filter kit ala velka-M ??

Possibly. Are you suggesting that wire mesh be used to cover holes and gaps in the back?

Last edited:

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Possibly. Are you suggesting that wire mesh be used for this?

Wire mesh would be good for ventilation, but how durable/simple will it be to secure ??

I was thinking a simple rectangular plate with vertical or horizontal slats for airflow, aligned with the 4 holes in either pattern, securing from inside or outside the case

Last edited: