Power Supply The smallest 150w internal PSU?

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
Hello guys. I am currently working on a personal build, and I would like to know what is the smallest internal PSU available on the market that supports 150w. *My project uses an Mini-ITX motherboard.

First, I thought it was FlexATX (15 x 8 x 4cm). But after some research I found the Pico/G Unite + Meanwell (10 x 5 x 3cm) solution to be the smallest.

Is there any internal PSU available that is smallest that the Meanwell solution? Basing that I only need 150w, ithere might be, or not?

PS: i dont want to deal with powerbricks, so I need an 100% internal PSU as small as possible. And I dont need 6pin connectors, as I'm using a GPU that gets power directly from the PCIe (GTX 1050). I only need to power the MB, CPU, and one 2,5" SSD

Cheers

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
Thanks for your response bro.

Wow, the Xbox One S PSU seems impressive. But by eye, i think Meanwell 200 is still smaller, I don't know.

Anyway, i don't have much knowledge on the electronic side, I'm more of a designer. So I doubt I would be able to adapt an Xbox PSU to a desktop by myself.

I guess I will go with the G-Unite + Meanwell 200 option then, as it's the smallest possible internal PSU for my case, right?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
The Xbox unit does AC-DC and DC-DC in the same package I believe

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
Sure, but G-Unite doesn't make extra space needed on any Mini-ITX design, as its height is less than the Mini-ITX IO Shield height, is very thin, and connects directly into the 24pin power plug (correct me if I'm wrong),

So the only extra space needed after all, is the Haswell 200.