Log SMALLEST ATX CASE : CERBERUS-X (Complete build log)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Finally I'll try those dust filters. I've already samples of 92mm, and they are far less restrictive and more rigid than demciflex ones.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/182227979725?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I've tried an home made filters, simply based on Bitfenix Prodigy/Phenom, and it was working well.:)

I'll keep you informed.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I have a few of these at 140mm which I tried on my LZ7, but without button-top screws, they'll bulge a little. Though they seem to have a sensible amount (or lack) of restriction.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
As they were quite inexpensive i'll try them anyway...they are already on their way..:)

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Sorry about that, apparently there was a paperwork issue. Should be sorted out soon.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Latest news about cooling of my Cerberus-X :
  • I've tested (successfully) my old bifenix phenom dust filter on Cerberus-X front and side intake. No major impact on cooling
  • Fan setup :
    • Front : Noctua NF-A14 PWM (one coming from Noctua C14S) : spinning at 800rpm when GTX 1080 ti OC is on load, 500rpm without gpu load
    • Bottom : Corsair AF-140 Quiet : spinning at 620rpm whatever the gpu or cpu load
    • Rear : Noctua NF-B9 Redux PWM : spinning at 1000rpm max when cpu load
    • Side : Noctua NF-A14 PPC PWM : spinning between 500rpm and 2000rpm depending on CPU load
    • GTX 1080 ti : left to default settings (I tried msi afterburner but default settinggs were fine). GTX 1080 ti is setup to msi OC mode, with power limit extended to +117%, core +75 mhz, GDDR5X +350Mhz (even increasing core voltage didn't provide additional performance)
While gaming at Mass Effect Andromeda, 4K@60Hz (customed settings with temporal AA), 1hour :
  • Total power usage (from wall) : around 390w
  • Corsair SF600 : Fan spinning but not audible compared to others fans (when gpu load is cut, fan is remaining unnoticeable)
  • MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X : Reachs 75°c while its fan are only spinning at around 1500-1600rpm. Hearable coil whine, but not very loud (merged with fans noise). While having my strix 7.1 headphone, coil whine is completely unhearable, and fans are barely audible.
So I'm really pleased to cooling/noise levels achieved with my Cerberus-x setup..:D

Reactions: 3lfk1ng and Phuncz

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Thanks for all your comments!
This Cerberus-x is definitely awesome!

Just to make sure Black top panel is your favorite, here is picture of it while on gaming desktop..:)

With red for comparison :

Sure, for a mistake, this top black panel has definitely my vote too..:D
@Aibohphobia, now you propose this customization.:D

To come back on my MSI GTX 1080ti Gaing X, it's truly working well in this Cerberus-X, no issue of cooling/thermal throttling. In benchmark, I don't exceed 74°C while OC to 2000Mhz (maximum core speed) and 513Gb/s Memory bandwitdh (so more than HBM 2..:))...And I managed to break 10k wall on 3D mark Time Spy :

I'm played that GTX 1080ti and my former GTX 1070 are very similar ..:)

Now it's time to upgrade my Keyboard and mouse, especially Keyboard..quite bad at typing...:)

Did you get your corrected top panel?
Sure i've received Red top panel. However, as i explained in previous post i prefer black and red panels...:) Even if black panel was a mistake at origin, it was an useful one as black & red was prefered by most (if not all) of this thread..:)

I guess bi-color panels option will be a great addition for next production of Cerberus / Cerberus-X

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Small update :
I've received and installed (quickly) my new dust filters. They looked nice and far less restrictive than demciflex ones.

Here are some photos :

Don't look too much at this below one, as I've already cut/reworked the dust filter to adjust perfectly to side bracket (but no photo yet to share). for information, dust filter like below does not work as case panel is pushing back filter to fan..:D

I've managed only to test fans airflow...and it was noticeably better than with demciflex.

I'll keep you informed about performance.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Your build log is becoming a treasure trove of useful information! Thanks for all the documentation.
Cheers!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
No issue, it's meant for that..:)
I love to a be a pioneer, and not only because I'm playing Mass Effect Andromeda lol..:D