Motherboard Smallest 1151 socket motherboard

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
Hey guys!

I was doing a Google search about the worlds smallest motherboard with a 1151 socket, and I just found this one. See how awesome this little thing looks! Unfortunately, I think they are not available for the general public, only for specific requests. Anyway, I think it would be cool making you guys aware of its existence.

http://www.axiomtek.com/Default.aspx?MenuId=News&FunctionId=NewsView&ItemId=12334
http://axiomtek.com/Default.aspx?MenuId=Products&FunctionId=ProductView&ItemId=23369&upcat=270

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
I might be able to use this in my new project if STX doesn't work out. Are the mounting holes to LGA standard?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm not seeing CPU cooler mounting holes, just board mounting holes. The heatsink needs to be suspended by the case or be part of the case. Or use thermal adhesive. I'm perplexed they went with a desktop socket, a mobile socket or even soldered CPU would have made a lot more sense.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
I'm not seeing CPU cooler mounting holes, just board mounting holes. The heatsink needs to be suspended by the case or be part of the case. Or use thermal adhesive. I'm perplexed they went with a desktop socket, a mobile socket or even soldered CPU would have made a lot more sense.
Yeah same here, this is weird

Naoki95957

Case Bender
Jun 8, 2018
Reactions: owliwar and jtd871

warfreak131

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 30, 2017
It's about $400 and can be bought on Mouser.com. I was toying with the idea of this as the ultimate SFF gaming PC if I could get my hands on a low profile GPU and a 35W CPU, but the mPCIe connection on it is x1 @ 1.1, basically making any GPU utterly useless.

Naoki95957

Case Bender
Jun 8, 2018
I'm sure there are plenty of sff boards that make much much more sense. I think latte panda is making a gaming version of their board rn, but it was interesting seeing this as I've never really seen a sbc this size with a desktop socket.

Last edited: