SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
BTW, for anyone worrying/thinking about GPU temps (since most of the discussion seems to be on CPU cooling) - my Gigabyte 1070 hits 73C at absolute max load. So basically no need to worry too much if you have a 1070. The fact that it draws in air straight from outside helps.

Reactions: ECHO and br3nd0

Vcaps26

Caliper Novice
Jan 24, 2018
@Craxas Of course that would happen haha, same here in terms of the update. @Josh | NFC is the man and extremely kind to help with this matter. Ended up going through him, and to me it's worth it since there's only so many days in the week that I'm able to put this build together. If you haven't yet invested in an S4M, don't hesitate!

Last edited:

Vcaps26

Caliper Novice
Jan 24, 2018
On another note, should have the case in tomorrow, and plan to have build logs/ pics posted in the next week.

I purposefully went the route of investing in an Asrock z370 mini itx gaming mobo, paired with an i8700/ LP53 (oriented the right way). The final step would be to make sure It's properly undervolted, if in fact the z370 chipset natively overvolts CPUs.

i consider myself intermediately skilled with modding/ customization, and CPU undervolting is probably one of the few things I've never done and would appreciate any and all direction to any resources you guys leverage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obelisk

20legend

Cable Smoosher
Jan 26, 2018
On another note, should have the case in tomorrow, and plan to have build logs/ pics posted in the next week.

I purposefully went the route of investing in an Asrock z370 mini itx gaming mobo, paired with an i8700/ LP53 (oriented the right way). The final step would be to make sure It's properly undervolted, if in fact the z370 chipset natively overvolts CPUs.

i consider myself intermediately skilled with modding/ customization, and CPU undervolting is probably one of the few things I've never done and would appreciate any and all direction to any resources you guys leverage.

You think we will get it tomorrow?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Quick question @Josh | NFC
Can I change my shipping address to work address for the power button and 2d bezel if you haven’t ship it yet?

This is a very BAD way to ask this question for future reference as I want to be able to serve you ASAP! Please email me quickly because there is a big batch of bezels and buttons going out as we speak and I need to call my wife who is dropping them off! We will be happy to do this if we can!

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!

20legend said:
Irrespective of whether we will take you up on your offer, THAT is how you do customer service. Props, man, Props.

If you three want, you can arrange shipping with me and I can ship you the three MINIs I have here. Then you can ship me yours when it comes in.

Peace

I'm happy to help when I can. Sometimes I can't do anything, sometimes I can do little, but whatever I do I want to do it well. XD

Eigua

Trash Compacter
Jan 25, 2018

I have pretty close to the same setup as you. I set the OC Tweaker -> Voltage Configuration -> CPU Core / Cache Voltage to Offset and set a value of -50mV. That's it. I tried -70mV, but experienced blue screens.

I also set some wattage limits in CPU Configuration to prevent it from running at too high a TDP for my heatsink. Your LP52 will probably do a better job at cooling so you may not need this.

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
Has anyone successfully milled the wraparound bezel to fit the 1080 mini? I know you can mod the card itself...but you know...$500 card.

I love the metal bezel and would prefer to keep it. Was thinking of milling the bezel to make it like a 3d bezel.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Has anyone successfully milled the wraparound bezel to fit the 1080 mini? I know you can mod the card itself...but you know...$500 card.

I love the metal bezel and would prefer to keep it. Was thinking of milling the bezel to make it like a 3d bezel.

Even if you cut out a hole the 1080 would stick out by 1.2mm :(