Internal Skyreach 4 Mini schematics for layout planning

JohannesMP

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 13, 2019
I'm hoping use the Skyreach 4 Mini in a brickless build, but am having a hard time finding schematics/dimensions for the internals to use for planning the layout.

When browsing the HDPlex website, they include some really useful diagrams for some of their parts, such as the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC:

This is perfect, it tells a potential customer the key things they need to know about the part and the dimensions that matter, like spacing between the mounting screws, etc. This is exactly what a modder needs to be able to plan a build with tight dimensions, so they don't purchase something that might not fit.

Do similar schematics exist for the Skyreach 4 Mini? I am aware that a CAD model can be found here, and if no other resources or diagrams exist will try to use that when planning, but some simple B&W schematics with annotated dimensions in mm would be a great resource, and would make modding this awesome case more accessible.

I love the example builds section of the NFC S4M website, and I think a set of basic schematics would really complement it.

Last edited:

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
I'm hoping use the Skyreach 4 Mini in a brickless build, but am having a hard time finding schematics/dimensions for the internals to use for planning the layout.

When browsing the HDPlex website, they include some really useful diagrams for some of their parts, such as the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC

This is perfect, it tells a potential customer the key things they need to know about the part and the dimensions that matter, like spacing between the mounting screws, etc. This is exactly what a modder needs to be able to plan a build with tight dimensions, so they don't purchase something that might not fit.

Do similar schematics exist for the Skyreach 4 Mini? I am aware that a CAD model can be found here, and if no other resources or diagrams exist will try to use that when planning, but some simple B&W schematics with annotated dimensions in mm would be a great resource, and would make modding this awesome case more accessible.

I love the example builds section of the NFC S4M website, and I think a set of basic schematics would really complement it.

if you're going to be using that exact PSU, for a SkyReach S4 Mini, i tell you everything you need to know here - https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/what-do-i-need-for-a-brickless-s4m.9643/#post-123955

Reactions: JohannesMP

JohannesMP

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 13, 2019
Cheers CARC Mini, you are correct in your assumption that I intend on using that PSU in a brickless SkyReach 4 Mini build. Scrolling through the thread you linked I found what I was hoping for: The recommended maximum size for a GPU (above which more serious modding is required) appears to be 116mm tall by 211mm long.

I also found Josh's unlisted video on using Sketchup with the Cad file for planning: .

Reactions: NinoPecorino

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
Cheers CARC Mini, you are correct in your assumption that I intend on using that PSU in a brickless SkyReach 4 Mini build. Scrolling through the thread you linked I found what I was hoping for: The recommended maximum size for a GPU (above which more serious modding is required) appears to be 116mm tall by 211mm long.

the thread is mostly filler.

my post that i linked basically tells you everything, just by itself.

and this is the most powerful GPU, that can be used - https://www.caseking.de/inno3d-geforce-rtx-2070-twin-x2-8192-mb-gddr6-gci3-146.html

JohannesMP

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 13, 2019
the thread is mostly filler.

my post that i linked basically tells you everything, just by itself.

and this is the most powerful GPU, that can be used - https://www.caseking.de/inno3d-geforce-rtx-2070-twin-x2-8192-mb-gddr6-gci3-146.html

Yep, I had picked up most of that from reading the forums and watching Josh's livestreams - I have the HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX ordered and will order the 400W DC-DC once it's in stock. I've sleeved cables before so will give doing step 4 myself a shot, for better or worse :)

Are there any complete build logs using that GPU, either by someone located in Europe/Asia, or having imported it? I have family in Germany and so am able to get a hold of Inno3d cards if necessary.

Once released I'd probably consider the RTX 2060 version of that card, as I really don't need anything much more powerful than a 1070 right now.

Oh also, from where is the height measured? From the bottom of the male PCIE plug, from the bottom of the PCB, or from the bottom of the silver lip that slots into the case?

Last edited: