SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

ryzen

Trash Compacter
Jun 7, 2017
Guys, remember that AP2 is the only user on here who was able to properly mount and fit and install the TITAN HC25 cooler onto his S4M-C. I bought this cooler as well I did thurough rounds of temp testing against my LP53/NFA9x14 combo (which I posted in the S4M-C thread...

and The Titan WOULD NOT properly mate to my ASUS Z270i STRIX board so i couldnt replicate his performance, AP2 has a different board and was able to prolerly mate the Heatsink to the IHS of the CPU, and as such the Titan has been actually a better performing cooler than my LP53 & NFA9x14 combo in his case... but it just WONT MATE to my motherboard... :( Buy it at your own risk,BUT, if you can get it to properly mount/mate, then you'll have the best performing Heatsink/fan combo.

So yeah, heads up.

Keep in mind Cuban that he has the later revision of the case. I have the R2 and I tried multiple motherboards and it still didn't mount. I think Titan only works for S4M-C R3

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Keep in mind Cuban that he has the later revision of the case. I have the R2 and I tried multiple motherboards and it still didn't mount. I think Titan only works for S4M-C R3

Not to get involved in an argument, but the only difference between R2 and R3 are two mounting holes for an additional Skybracket and the color. So I think it must be something else?

Peace

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net

Not to get involved in an argument, but the only difference between R2 and R3 are two mounting holes for an additional Skybracket and the color. So I think it must be something else?

Peace
Yeah I think Josh is right, it may be something else. Probably our motherboards to be honest, I know that on my ASUS z270i the TITAN HC25's cold plate was so big it was hitting some caps that were near the CPU... I tried EVERY orientation. So the TITAN HC25 compatibility is down to your motherboard...

BUT if you can get it to mate to your CPU's IHS properly, it should fit with a slim fan on top and inside the S4M-C and it should cool the 8700k better than an LP53/NFa9x14 & delid combo I have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
Yeah I think Josh is right, it may be something else. Probably our motherboards to be honest, I know that on my ASUS z270i the TITAN HC25's cold plate was so big it was hitting some caps that were near the CPU... I tried EVERY orientation. So the TITAN HC25 compatibility is down to your motherboard...

BUT if you can get it to mate to your CPU's IHS properly, it should fit with a slim fan on top and inside the S4M-C and it should cool the 8700k better than an LP53/NFa9x14 & delid combo I have.
Looks like the ASRock fatal1ty is the only z370 mobo that would fit that huge TITAN NC25.
MSI's pro carbon could also fit if you would work with a rasp a little bit. That thin and short extension wing on the top radiator is the only thing hindering installation.

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
@Josh | NFC - Just watched your water-cooled video. That was some tough work having to mod the GPU block, but what an amazing outcome. I'm one of those crazies that might want to try something similar, a water-cooled Skyreach.

From the eye-ball, it looks like a Zotac Arctic Storm 1080 Ti Mini won't fit, correct?

If not that, then I just stumbled upon this Barrow full cover water block ...

It looks a bit smaller... but, I'm having trouble finding firm dimensions anywhere.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC - Just watched your water-cooled video. That was some tough work having to mod the GPU block, but what an amazing outcome. I'm one of those crazies that might want to try something similar, a water-cooled Skyreach.

From the eye-ball, it looks like a Zotac Arctic Storm 1080 Ti Mini won't fit, correct?

If not that, then I just stumbled upon this Barrow full cover water block ...

It looks a bit smaller... but, I'm having trouble finding firm dimensions anywhere.

I've one of the Barrow units on order. If it ever gets here and if it fits I will let you know.

The Zotac block though I have mocked up in sketchup based on the info I can find and I don't think it will fit.