SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I know @Kmpkt has a bunch of cards for sale though if you want to PM him.

EVGA 1050ti SC
EVGA 1060 SC 6GB
Zotac 1070 Mini
Zotac 1080 Mini

Will be getting them benched for an article I am writing in the next two weeks, after which I will likely be selling one of the 1070/1080 and both the 1060 and 1050ti. PM if interested.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
I had installed on my Asus z270i and now its installed on my asrock Fatal1ty Z370.

Asus z270i

asrock 370

Oh I could probably get that on the x370 then....apart from the fact that I can't actually find that cooler on sale in europe.

What do you use as a fan btw?

bichael

Average Stuffer
Dec 17, 2017
So I've ordered my S4M now, yey!

Will be going with the G-unique psu so wanted to ask if anyone can share what cable lengths they've used? Would be nice to get that ordered as it's coming from overseas.

Most likely I'm going to go for a Ryzen/1060 build with the Asrock AB350.

Reactions: damekko and seto

Zuuk

Average Stuffer
Apr 17, 2016
I have the combo above in possession, but I haven't tested it against the Noctua NH9l and I'm only running a 54W Pentium G4620 which at full boost stays under 60c with the NH9l.

I'd say build quality is not quite on par with the Noctua, but if it yealds better temps, dunno might be a viable option for some. I can't see why wont fit most ITX boards, unless they have very tall VRM heatsinks etc.

Last edited:

seto

Caliper Novice
Nov 26, 2017
So I've ordered my S4M now, yey!

Will be going with the G-unique psu so wanted to ask if anyone can share what cable lengths they've used? Would be nice to get that ordered as it's coming from overseas.

Most likely I'm going to go for a Ryzen/1060 build with the Asrock AB350.
Gury has ordered a S4M too, he will be doing custom specs for cabling depending on your board.

mgilang

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2017
Press and hold if needed but I can’t remember the last time I even did that. You’ll love the s4!
press and hold will force shutdown. yeah i know that this time reset not that important, windows have good improvement, but sometime i need it.

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
press and hold will force shutdown. yeah i know that this time reset not that important, windows have good improvement, but sometime i need it.

Run a reset button extension through the back and wire a small switch if you really need it

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
My crashing on the dynamo was for sure the fault of xmp profile auto enabling multi core enhancement on my asus board. Disabling those two completely solved the problem. Curse techtubers and firestrike for this auto overclocked, rgb infested world we live in today

I’m gunna quote this and take my lumps for not doing my homework as well as I should have. While I did get the shutdowns with 8400 and 1060 6gb with 3200mhz ram, it was not due to the dynamo 160 and I feel as if I’ve maybe spread some bad info and apologize to kmpkt. The fault lay in my hp 230w brick. I have two of these units and one will run it with even mce enabled and the other will crash and burn with only xmp. I should have done more testing and confirmed the bricks weren’t the issue before I opened my mouth and I do apologize.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
No worries as I think as an initial troubleshoot I would also implicate the PSU knowing I was close to the upper capacity of the unit.

Honestly though, I think it's also a common mistake people to take TDP or stated wattages, add them together, and presume things will work. I think it creates a strong case for manufacturers giving us more accurate numbers to work with. If nothing else perhaps we should have a community based list of common components and their typical mean and peak draws. Alternatively an SFF version of the Extreme Outervision calculator would be pretty cool.

Wasim

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
Finally I got the chance to benchmark Noctua NH-L9i and Zalman CNPS2X. Both coolers did ok with 8700k in stock configurations. However I noticed higher temps with Zalman and it was irritatingly noisy. Noctua was very quiet, event at full speed. I did tried bit of overclocking, as expected cpu started to throttle. I tried removing motherboard heatsinks ( which I thought might have been obstructing airflow ) but it didn't help.

In my opinion, if you have 8700 or 8700k ( stock ). Noctua is the best option among the two. I did these tests in open air with igpu ( on the motherboard box ) temps may vary when put into s4m.

Aida64 benchmark ( 8700k @stock )

seto

Caliper Novice
Nov 26, 2017
@Josh | NFC - Just watched your water-cooled video. That was some tough work having to mod the GPU block, but what an amazing outcome. I'm one of those crazies that might want to try something similar, a water-cooled Skyreach.

From the eye-ball, it looks like a Zotac Arctic Storm 1080 Ti Mini won't fit, correct?

If not that, then I just stumbled upon this Barrow full cover water block ...

It looks a bit smaller... but, I'm having trouble finding firm dimensions anywhere.
@Josh | NFC i think i can get my hands on that water cooled 1080 ti arctic storm mini. should i buy to see if it can fit in a skyreach?

dimensions listed on are 212 x 164 x 41mm
https://www.ask-corp.jp/products/zo...tac-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-arcticstorm-mini.html

Last edited: