Other Short-flat internal 3.0 usb adapter NEEDED

SIEGEX

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 19, 2017
As the title states. I'm hoping some one can point me in the direction of purchasing a very short & flat dual usb (front) 3.0 adapter.

pic 1 is what I'm after
pic 2 shows the orientation inside the case, I'm hoping to source a cable based on the orientation of the ports. Most of them do not suit, or are they easy to rig up?

Note the red circle in pic below, the port cut outs are stacked vertical vs what I can find available, such as the above pic with horizontal ports.

original port cable

Last edited:

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
If you're okay with long delivery time you can grab a wide variety of usb ports like this on ebay pretty cheaply. Ships from china so it can take a bit. I bought a 2x usb 3.0 + mic + headphone jack on ebay for like $6. Took a bit over a month to arrive.

SIEGEX

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 19, 2017
If you're okay with long delivery time you can grab a wide variety of usb ports like this on ebay pretty cheaply. Ships from china so it can take a bit. I bought a 2x usb 3.0 + mic + headphone jack on ebay for like $6. Took a bit over a month to arrive.
I've veen looking and I can't find what I'm exactly looking for.

Short
Flat
Stacked vertical

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017

SIEGEX

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 19, 2017
I know there are tonnes on ebay....kinda hard getting my exact needs

SIEGEX

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 19, 2017
Thanks, if I can get it close to what I'm after I don't have to work too hard by modding, which I'm fine with, just I have time restrictions. I have posted the original ports, maybe you can help me with similar

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
I saw the same thing (usb 2.0) minus the metal mounting plate on ebay if it's just that the one you have is dead. Usb 2.0 should be fine for a lot/most(?) of front port usage.

If it absolutely has to be usb 3 i think you are likely going to have to make your own mounting solution.

SIEGEX

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 19, 2017
I saw the same thing (usb 2.0) minus the metal mounting plate on ebay if it's just that the one you have is dead. Usb 2.0 should be fine for a lot/most(?) of front port usage.

If it absolutely has to be usb 3 i think you are likely going to have to make your own mounting solution.
I came across one too....but I don't want 2.0 so I have found a 6" short usb 3.0 cable which I'll mod to fit.

SIEGEX

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 19, 2017
Last post, and a great find I managed to find the exact port, I did realise in my searches that the port layout is a design lent to the usb 2.0 it never went to usb 3.0 but these guys offer modded usb cables so all I have to do now is see if they offer it in flat ribbon or and at a custom length and realign the layout to suit. Hopefully this website can help other sff modders, especially with usb 3.1 cables which is my next purchase.

https://www.ocp.com/usb-port-cables/

Reactions: confusis