Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Also guys, cases are in stock and ready to ship, unlike many other currently! ?

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Riba being a superhero as always!
The riser wasn't too hard to find, my Google-Fu is very strong.
I also found a 20cm riser with similar mounting holes but I've never heard of the manufacturer so I'm suspicious of it's quality/longevity:

That's actually the exact same one I got

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Is it possible to get it with the same vents in the rear as the front?

Hi, you mean the left and right panel? Sorry, I only have this panels, I think that it wouldn't make much sense to fully perforate the right panel, you would just expose the back of the motherboard.

Reactions: ZivZulander

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Hi, you mean the left and right panel? Sorry, I only have this panels, I think that it wouldn't make much sense to fully perforate the right panel, you would just expose the back of the motherboard.

I prefer the aesthetic of the left and right matching

snailonni

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2019
So.. I installed my PC yesterday
Here is the review. There are some problems, but I am glad I purchased this case.

I decided to change the fans pushing air inward.

As for temperature. The verticle mount is 40C idle, max 75C playing Apex legend, and avg around 90 when running Prime 95. The horizontal position is a 5-degree increase in general.
That being said, I downvolt my 8700K by -0.100V and get a 10C decrease in temperature.
Now, my pc is positioned horizontally on my desk, 40C idle, and at 65-70 running games like Apex Legend.
The sound is *loud* according to my GF.

So I am planning to delid my cpu next weekend. Do some testing with the fan position. See if I could add a third fan to this case. If any of you have any idea to reduce the noise level(specifically the air turbulence noise). Please let me know.

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
I'm guessing it's the LP53 fan that's loud. Maybe potentially swap for Noctua or Scythe? I'm guessing you don't have the headroom to use a fan curve to lower the speed.

If it's the Noiseblockers that are loud (hoping not, I also opted for them ;)), I would reduce RPM. They shouldn't be taking in enough air to matter for the CPU or GPU, I think.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
So.. I installed my PC yesterday
Here is the review. There are some problems, but I am glad I purchased this case.

I decided to change the fans pushing air inward.

As for temperature. The verticle mount is 40C idle, max 75C playing Apex legend, and avg around 90 when running Prime 95. The horizontal position is a 5-degree increase in general.
That being said, I downvolt my 8700K by -0.100V and get a 10C decrease in temperature.
Now, my pc is positioned horizontally on my desk, 40C idle, and at 65-70 running games like Apex Legend.
The sound is *loud* according to my GF.

So I am planning to delid my cpu next weekend. Do some testing with the fan position. See if I could add a third fan to this case. If any of you have any idea to reduce the noise level(specifically the air turbulence noise). Please let me know.
Build looks good. I have my 8700k delidded and can tell you it makes a world of difference cooling this CPU with smaller TD coolers.

xKannibale

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2020
Weird how I was the only one experiencing troubles after the PCIe riser shielding started peeling. Maybe this is because I was running an SSD near the CPU cooler on the left side of the case and the sata cables had to route near the PCIe riser where the shielding was compromised

Reactions: riba2233

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Oh! Thank you! That may very well be the reason why it is too loud! Like me readjust it and I will post the temps in here soon!
You're going to need to mod the power cable slightly to make the bend possible since corsair psus have the connector upside down, Riba posted a guide a few pages back. I've already done mine since I'm waiting on my custom cables and theres no reason I couldn't just put the psu in right away. It isn't hard at all.

snailonni

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2019
So I did fix the psu position. And I realized the problem may not be PSU. As the fan for PSU are not even turning on (Not sure if its broke or simply because the temp of it is low and stays in passive cooling)
My PC still have buzzing sound when idle and sound like a jet engine taking off when under stress test. This is probably due to the rotation of the Stock fan. Which is at 16.0 - 27.1 dBA according to the company website.

I'm guessing it's the LP53 fan that's loud. Maybe potentially swap for Noctua or Scythe? I'm guessing you don't have the headroom to use a fan curve to lower the speed.

If it's the Noiseblockers that are loud (hoping not, I also opted for them ;)), I would reduce RPM. They shouldn't be taking in enough air to matter for the CPU or GPU, I think.
I am trying to decide on changing to NF-A9*14 or NF-A9 PWM. If I went for A9 PWM, it will leave no place from fan to the side panel, and I may hear air turbulence sound again. If I went for A9*14, I do have a 92mm to 120mm fan adaptor to block hot air recycling, but it will not be as powerful.
Also, I am a little concerned about the fan will make noise with the heatsink. So if you have any experience and suggestions, please help me out here.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I am really excited to see a build that really maxes out the case, and seeing that everything fit within last mm. It is actually really hard to design and especially make something with such tolerances, but after seeing a build like this it makes it all totally worth it.

I am looking at this and getting excited like I have done the build myself ?

So a few comments - cpu cooler at 53mm - wow, right at the limit! With it being so close to the panel and with high rpm, turbulence is expected.

- top fans - yes, the last one can be tricky to install, I have three of them but the last one was a bit of a hassle because of the cable management. They should make less turbulence in exhaust mode, take that in mind.

- hdd - barely fit, that's because evga adds mm or two to the reference length. But I'm glad you managed to fit it!

- gpu bracket screws - I had to position these holes right at the edge of the bracket holes, to make room for the PEM insert. Otherwise I would have the thread in the 1mm steel, which would not be the best solution. So yes, some gpu's have a bit different size of the hole

- thank you for compliments and for buying, I'm really happy it turned out great! ?

PS - if you can, please route the internal AC cable underneath the top fans (there should be just enough space), I don't like 115 VAC going so close to the MBO