Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Good to know. I think it would be possible to cool a 3970X at stock with a custom loop with a single 120x38 rad like the EK CoolStream PE 120 and some low-profile right angle fittings. Unfortunately, there are no pump/block combo units for TR. There was this concept from Alphacool, but never saw the light of day sadly.

Unless it's possible to fit the smallest pump you could find somewhere in the case, but I doubt it.

Other than that, what about something like the Zalman LQ320, which I'm currently using -- 120x38 rad, rated for 340W TDP, uses standard Asetek mounting and has swivel fittings at the CPU end, but no swivel fittings at the rad, would that fit?

You could do custom loop with this pump, it should be small enough to fit somewhere:

It will probably still be pretty crammed, so I only recommend custom loop in this case to very experienced users.

It is a shame, this block on picture would be perfect!

AIO like this with radiator thicker than 30mm wont fit because you don't have enough space to bend the tubes.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
You could do custom loop with this pump, it should be small enough to fit somewhere:

It will probably still be pretty crammed, so I only recommend custom loop in this case to very experienced users.

It is a shame, this block on picture would be perfect!

AIO like this with radiator thicker than 30mm wont fit because you don't have enough space to bend the tubes.

Oh wow, that pump is tiny (and probably quite noisy), but still with the plexi top the dimensions are 50x50x33. Plus you have to factor in fittings. Are you sure there will be a room for it with an SFX PSU, 120mm radiator, and a 200mm+ GPU?

So an AIO won't fit with a rad thicker than 30mm. But a custom loop with a 38mm thick rad will fit if you use low profile right angle fittings right? The fan is 25mm, so if the fittings are shorter than 25mm it should all fit?

I would love to see a TR build with a custom loop in this case, it would be jawdropping.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Oh wow, that pump is tiny (and probably quite noisy), but still with the plexi top the dimensions are 50x50x33. Plus you have to factor in fittings. Are you sure there will be a room for it with an SFX PSU, 120mm radiator, and a 200mm+ GPU?

So an AIO won't fit with a rad thicker than 30mm. But a custom loop with a 38mm thick rad will fit if you use low profile right angle fittings right? The fan is 25mm, so if the fittings are shorter than 25mm it should all fit?

I would love to see a TR build with a custom loop in this case, it would be jawdropping.

Yes, with angle fittings you can fit thicker radiator. I would also like to see that ?

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
just saw this case! Looks amazing man!! great work. Not many as small as possible ATX cases out there, just a question, wont the riser cable be completly cramped in there? like is there enough room behind the GPU and in front of the motherboard?

Reactions: riba2233

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
And maybe an option, for when you are using a mini itx board, to use a triple slot card? like to move th GPU a little back and little lower so you have the option for a triple slot card, because they are getting more popular with the days. I know that you need to draw the line somewhere, but just a thing to think about ;)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
just saw this case! Looks amazing man!! great work. Not many as small as possible ATX cases out there, just a question, wont the riser cable be completly cramped in there? like is there enough room behind the GPU and in front of the motherboard?
And maybe an option, for when you are using a mini itx board, to use a triple slot card? like to move th GPU a little back and little lower so you have the option for a triple slot card, because they are getting more popular with the days. I know that you need to draw the line somewhere, but just a thing to think about ;)

Thank you for the compliments! :) Riser cable is not so cramped, but even if it was it's not a big deal.

That actually is an option, please read the compatibility guide in the first post, you can see that 3slot gpus are cpmpatible (up to 127 mm in height).

Reactions: Plaklijm

0xdiablo

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2019
hi,
When will this open for order?
If I use matx+reference gpu, any chance I can put a picex1 wireless card?
Thanks

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
hi,
When will this open for order?
If I use matx+reference gpu, any chance I can put a picex1 wireless card?
Thanks

Hi, somewhere in the mid-january.

Maybe if it's a low profile card, I will check tomorrow in CAD.

You could probably install a m.2 wifi card (similar to what's on laptops)

Yes, some boards have dedicated m.2 wifi slot and this case has 3 holes for mounting antennas.

I would be interested in such a case as well, is there mailing list or a way to be notified

Thanks

Thank you, you can subscribe for a mailing list on our site, sfftime.com

Jerdz

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2019
Yeah, apparently that handle will be the deciding factor for me. This case can fit everything I want— I just need that handle. ?

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I can't see if this has been asked, but will the x570i fit in this case? Is the riser cable Gen3?

Also what gpus are 3 slot and are under the height restriction, I don't think the 5700xt Pulse would fit with the best height restriction.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi, I don't see why not :) Yes, it's gen 3.

On the top of my mind for 5700xt's: gigabyte gaming oc and aorus, asrock phantom gaming. I recommend aorus. Gaming oc is also great, and I haven't seen reviews for asrock model.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019

You don't need a pump top or reservoir for this pump. Alphacool makes a version of their CPU Block that has this pump built-in (similar to AIO pump blocks for many AIO coolers)

It has an integrated fill port as well to help with easy filling and draining