Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi ! Are the cases already sold out ?
Given the specs on your website I should be able to fit an RTX 2080 super ventus (wich is only 268mm long) with a 92mm AIO, right?
Would a 92mm AIO be ok for overclocking a core i5 9600k in this case?
What colors will be available?

Thanks ;)

Hi, they are not, in fact I have not even begin to sell them, still waiting on one case component to finish it.

You can fit that gpu wih 92 mm AIO but you have to use an ITX MBO since the card is thicker than 2 slot.

92 mm aio can certainly cool that cpu, and you can overclock it but I'm just not sure on how much since I don't have any first hand experience.

There will be silver (aluminum) and black options for the front panel, the rest of the case is black.

Thank you! :)

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Hi ! Are the cases already sold out ?
Given the specs on your website I should be able to fit an RTX 2080 super ventus (wich is only 268mm long) with a 92mm AIO, right?
Would a 92mm AIO be ok for overclocking a core i5 9600k in this case?
What colors will be available?

Thanks ;)
They are not yet sold due to an accidental manufacturing issue (the black coating specifically). @riba2233 mentioned that a brushed silver texture may be available if you'd rather not wait for the black version.

So far, the only option will be black(with a possible silver accent). But that is potentially subject to change if @riba2233 gets enough orders. (This would not be in the 1st run however, since it is almost finished as is)

Edit: riba already answered (didn't see the new page) lol

Reactions: riba2233

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Okay guys, you've presented some additional compelling scenarios, e.g. if you already have an ATX system and want to downsize, and if you just want more/cheaper options.

I will say though, as a a partial counterargument, you still need an SFX PSU
Yes, that's why I will have more models in future that will allow for ATX supply and even better compatibility, but they'll be bigger of course.
That is exactly what I am waiting for. Though, I am starting to have a change of mind and heart, and starting to contemplate getting the smaller version? NONO, I will not be weak. MUST RESIST!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
That is exactly what I am waiting for. Though, I am starting to have a change of mind and heart, and starting to contemplate getting the smaller version? NONO, I will not be weak. MUST RESIST!

Well, if you tell me what kind of HW you plan on running, I can give you advice :)

Reactions: Linero

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Well, if you tell me what kind of HW you plan on running, I can give you advice :)
It's okay. I am mostly the type of person who picks up the best value at the time. I am too conscious of my money spending. No worries, I am using this down time to save up the amount needed for the whole thing, while thinking what I exactly want too. Thanks =)

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
Might interest people looking at this case with water cooling in mind.
Alphacool have new low profile fittings 12.7/7.5mm od/id designed for server racks .

Help my with my ghetto mod but looking at this case with triple slot GPU version

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Alphacool have new low profile fittings 12.7/7.5mm od/id designed for server racks .

Help my with my ghetto mod but looking at this case with triple slot GPU version

I am working on a case with very similar layout, please look at the page 7, it's called N-ATX :)

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019

This is very cool. Do you have a link for them?

Are they gonna be available retail just like their more consumer oriented fittings or are they gonna be offered to server builder as OEM products, I wonder

orbitalwalsh

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2018
I am working on a case with very similar layout, please look at the page 7, it's called N-ATX :)

Good to hear . As you have some sliger gunning for console design with 2/3 slot design but lacking ATX format which in theory will only be 2/3 litres bigger .
Would recommend looking to squeeze 20.5mm thick xspc rad to be combined with 15mm fan .

Been pushing Silverstone to look seriously to expand their RVZ03 case. Technically it would be easy to increase metal tooling/pressing for chassis and metal fortress version but the plastic Raven series In theory in a few mm increase, tooling change would cost a fare bit .

Considering doing this in all steel ? From first page it's done in aluminium ?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Good to hear . As you have some sliger gunning for console design with 2/3 slot design but lacking ATX format which in theory will only be 2/3 litres bigger .
Would recommend looking to squeeze 20.5mm thick xspc rad to be combined with 15mm fan .

Been pushing Silverstone to look seriously to expand their RVZ03 case. Technically it would be easy to increase metal tooling/pressing for chassis and metal fortress version but the plastic Raven series In theory in a few mm increase, tooling change would cost a fare bit .

Considering doing this in all steel ? From first page it's done in aluminium ?

It will have a few radiator mounting options, you'll see :)

No I make my cases from steel, only the front mask is made of aluminum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
@riba2233 Just curious, have you considered extending the case another 25mm so you can fit 120mm AIO + reference sized card? It would only add 0.5L or 5% of volume, but remove the main limitation of the case.

Also, for the future ATX PSU version -- how are you going to do that without increasing the volume significantly and having a lot of wasted space? Or will that be a totally different (tower?) design.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233 Just curious, have you considered extending the case another 25mm so you can fit 120mm AIO + reference sized card? It would only add 0.5L or 5% of volume, but remove the main limitation of the case.

Also, for the future ATX PSU version -- how are you going to do that without increasing the volume significantly and having a lot of wasted space? Or will that be a totally different (tower?) design.

I will not make it any longer, I will do something else for the next revision but I don't want to spoil anything yet.

ATX version will be larger of course, around 13.5-14 L, but it will offer many benefits and the whole volume will be used very effectively.

I have already posted some early renders on page 12:

As you can see, there are benefits for both air cooled and water cooled options. This renders also don't show all radiator mounting options of which there will be many.

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
I will not make it any longer, I will do something else for the next revision but I don't want to spoil anything yet.

ATX version will be larger of course, around 13.5-14 L, but it will offer many benefits and the whole volume will be used very effectively.

I have already posted some early renders on page 12:

~snip~

As you can see, there are benefits for both air cooled and water cooled options. This renders also don't show all radiator mounting options of which there will be many.
I'm very excited for the N-Atx. Do you have a time-frame for it's release yet?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Oh I almost forget, I received the masks on Wednesday, as planned, and I finished around 20 pieces yesterday. I have an appointment for clear coating on Monday and I hope that they will be quick, so I can finally start shipping cases.