Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Starting to look at parts, though it might be a while before I start the build proper. Any compatibility issues with below? Particularly GPU, which is 2.3 slot. Will likely go with a true 2 slot 1660 Ti or Super if so.

Case: SFFTime P-ATX (obviously)
Mobo: MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM
CPU: Ryzen 3600 or 3600X
HSF: Cryorig C7 Cu or G, with different fan (Noiseblocker BlackSilentFan XE-2 or GELID Solutions FN-FW09-20-B)
RAM: Team T-FORCE NIGHT HAWK Legend RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB)
SSD: 256GB NVMe (have) + Team Group T-FORCE Delta Max RGB SSD 2.5" 1TB
PSU: Fractal Design Ion SFX (SFX-L) or Seasonic SGX (+custom sleeve cables)
GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700 (non-XT)
Case fans: 4x 60mm Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Fan XR-1

(Parts are flexible at this point - many chosen for aesthetic reasons, at least in part)

Yeah, gpu is too thick. I would recommend powercolor red dragon, or regular two fan powercolor if the red dragon is not available. (2 slot strict with motherboards larger than itx)

Also, the 4th case fan, the one on the bottom is too thick, it should be max 20mm. But it's actually not necessary, especially if the gpu has vertical fins like red dragon does.

Any more precise ETA for this case? Any new pictures? :)

Well I just picked the parts from the anodization, so I just need boxes, and they should be ready early next week. Then I will also get professional pictures with assembled units ?

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019
Interested in this build, two questions;

1. What would you charge to ship to Sweden?
2. Would that price be lower if me and a friend of mine ordered multiple cases?

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Yeah, gpu is too thick. I would recommend powercolor red dragon, or regular two fan powercolor if the red dragon is not available. (2 slot strict with motherboards larger than itx)

Also, the 4th case fan, the one on the bottom is too thick, it should be max 20mm. But it's actually not necessary, especially if the gpu has vertical fins like red dragon does.

Well I just picked the parts from the anodization, so I just need boxes, and they should be ready early next week. Then I will also get professional pictures with assembled units ?

Thats good news. Where do I leave my fat stacks of money?

Reactions: CountNoctua

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm ready to throw my money at you bud
Thats good news. Where do I leave my fat stacks of money?

Just a few more days just, I will open webshop on Monday (hopefully) or Tuesday ?

Interested in this build, two questions;

1. What would you charge to ship to Sweden?
2. Would that price be lower if me and a friend of mine ordered multiple cases?

Thank you, here are the answers:

1. For one case around 26 USD.
2. Yes but not to much, I can ship two cases in one package and in that case it's 36 USD for two cases. Three cases 62, four cases 72 etc.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Just a few more days just, I will open webshop on Monday (hopefully) or Tuesday ?

Thank you, here are the answers:

1. For one case around 26 USD.
2. Yes but not to much, I can ship two cases in one package and in that case it's 36 USD for two cases. Three cases 62, four cases 72 etc.
Starts refreshing the page every 20 minutes

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi guys, sorry for the lack of the updates. I wanted to get some things sorted out before posting.

This weekend I have discovered something really disturbing, the powdercoating on the side panels turned out horrendous, and I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.

Yes, it was my mistake that I didn't check it right away, but trust me, I have never seen something like this, and I just didn't expect for this to even be possible. Here are a few pictures:

All of the panels were like that, not even a single perfect piece.

So I went to return them yesterday, and the manager agreed that this is a disaster and they said that they will fix them by Friday. They were pretty fast the first time, so I hope they will be again.

That said, anodization looks fine, here is one test assembly:

Other updates, boxes should be ready by either Thursday or Friday, I just spoke to them, and I have packed all of the case accessories.

Here are the pictures with weights:

In total it's 2.8 kg.

Regarding website, I just need to ad cookie policy, and I plan to launch it this afternoon, but I wont allow buying since I want to see how the panels turn out first, I hope you agree with me on that one.

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Looks absolutely fantastic. It's too bad about the coating failure but as they say shit happens ?‍♂️. Thanks for updating us. Hopefully it's a quick turnaround! I'm eagerly awaiting my chance to put my order in!

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Looks absolutely fantastic. It's too bad about the coating failure but as they say shit happens ?‍♂️. Thanks for updating us. Hopefully it's a quick turnaround! I'm eagerly awaiting my chance to put my order in!

Thank you for the support! Yeah, I was really pissed when I saw the panels. If only there were a few perfect ones so I can at least ship a few cases.

Reactions: SpringerTheNerd

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Thanks for the update. Pity about the panels, I have had some similar issues in the past with powder coated parts, and sometimes they stem from impurities in the spray nozzle or defective nozzles. Sometimes it could also be improper handling of the parts.

Hopefully you can get the shop to sort this out on their own dime (it is their fault after all)

Meanwhile the rest of us will wait a little longer

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019
Hi guys, sorry for the lack of the updates. I wanted to get some things sorted out before posting.

This weekend I have discovered something really disturbing, the powdercoating on the side panels turned out horrendous, and I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.

Yes, it was my mistake that I didn't check it right away, but trust me, I have never seen something like this, and I just didn't expect for this to even be possible. Here are a few pictures:

Whoa, it even turned out better than I thought it would! Bummer about the powder coating but rest look seriously great!

Hoping this run lasts until January, if all goes well my financial situation will allow me to pull the trigger on the case by then! This is one of my top contenders, great work! :)