Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I just realized that the Phanteks PH-TC12LS has what looks like cutouts underneath the finstack for a wire-style fan mount. I've sent an email to Josh from NFC Systems in hopes that if he owns the cooler, he can test to see if an Lp fan would collide with the mounting hardware. If not, I can mount an underslung fan and get the x99 cooler clearances that I need for this build.

Yeah I have seen this cooler, and it looked like a really nice candidate for N-ATX, but I haven't thought about using it with slim fan under the finstack. Which is weird since that's one of the first things I tend to look after.

So I agree with you, it looks like there is enough space for the fan, and it shouldn't collide with the RAM. But yeah, mounting hardware is another story and should be verified, but that can always be modded :)

EDIT:

just found this gem:

They say:

As you can see in the pictures the fan takes up most of the clearance dimensions, so if you mounted a slim fan this cooler could fit into some really tight areas. One thing that may arise is the clearance between the cooler and the Northbridge heatsink. Some motherboards have taller Northbridge heatsinks and that could be a serious issue. Clearances around all the other components were more than plenty and I do not perceive any issues with ram as there was enough room to accommodate for ram that has a big heatsink.

And this nice picture:

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Small update, just to keep you posted:

- I have ordered the shipping boxes, I did manage to find someone to make the boxes to order (custom dimensions, not easy for such low batch)
- I have also figured out a really nice way of packaging and stuffing the box, and ordered all of it, and already packed all the screws
- anodization should be done today
- webshop is practically done, for now I only have paypal linked, for credit cards I need to give some more documentation. I have entered VAT and shipping options for the whole world, currently up to 2 cases in weight

I'm not 100% sure on when the boxes will be finished, but if someone wants to order as soon as possible I will figure some packaging manually. Just need to see how the anodization turned out and check the final tolerances once I have all the pieces.

Also, I got the badge under my username ?

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
I would love to order ASAP. But, cannot for the love of me deprive myself of getting the full experience. Especially on a custom product.

Reactions: riba2233

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I would love to order ASAP. But, cannot for the love of me deprive myself of getting the full experience. Especially on a custom product.

I share the same sentiment, not many people pay attention to the small things like custom packaging and padding, so I am willing to wait a little more for the full experience :)

How much do you think shipping will be from you to the UK?
@riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I share the same sentiment, not many people pay attention to the small things like custom packaging and padding, so I am willing to wait a little more for the full experience :)

How much do you think shipping will be from you to the UK?
@riba2233

You are lucky, UK is in the cheapest category for shipping, so it would be 16.5 USD. Unfortunately you have to pay 25% VAT since you are (still) in EU. So it would be (185*1.25)+16.5 USD.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
How much is US shipping?

It's 46 USD for the premium (air) option, or 37.5 USD for the economy (ground) option. I do not recommend the economy option, it's muuuuuuch slower and the price difference is not that big.

BTW, just want to let you know that I always use the true shipping cost, I don't have any markups on the shipping cost and the packaging is included in the product price. You can always check the shipping cost on this official site (parcel option, 4kg):

I'm just saying this because I know that some sellers online don't have that practice, and so you don't think I'm ripping you off.

Last edited:

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
I'm so stoked for the final product.

I know it's not a priority right now, but how will the acrylic panel you designed get put together? The render you posted before looked like it was an aluminum panel with acrylic on it; I'm guessing you will have notches to hold the acrylic panel in place like how some manufacturers do?

Otherwise, good ol fashion glue is an alternative.

Reactions: CountNoctua

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm so stoked for the final product.

I know it's not a priority right now, but how will the acrylic panel you designed get put together? The render you posted before looked like it was an aluminum panel with acrylic on it; I'm guessing you will have notches to hold the acrylic panel in place like how some manufacturers do?

Otherwise, good ol fashion glue is an alternative.

In my case the acrylic would be on the outside so I think that the glue is the only option.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
In my case the acrylic would be on the outside so I think that the glue is the only option.
This might take longer to make, but what if you left some aluminum fins in the panel on 3 sides, then bent some into notches, while left other fins as they are, and then you can slide in the acrylic panel? Some of the fins will brace the acrylic against the aluminum panel, while the other bent fins will cup around the acrylic. For the last side, you could have a removable fin that can be screwed in, or even just a few screws to hold it in. Here's a crude image of what I mean.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Small update, just to keep you posted:

- I have ordered the shipping boxes, I did manage to find someone to make the boxes to order (custom dimensions, not easy for such low batch)
- I have also figured out a really nice way of packaging and stuffing the box, and ordered all of it, and already packed all the screws
- anodization should be done today
- webshop is practically done, for now I only have paypal linked, for credit cards I need to give some more documentation. I have entered VAT and shipping options for the whole world, currently up to 2 cases in weight

I'm not 100% sure on when the boxes will be finished, but if someone wants to order as soon as possible I will figure some packaging manually. Just need to see how the anodization turned out and check the final tolerances once I have all the pieces.

Also, I got the badge under my username ?

Still have a non-anodized one? Or an imperfect anodization one, if you want to get rid of one that turned out poorly. I'm likely cerakoting it, so it's going to get blasted first, anyway. (nothing against the color or anodization, just trying to match it with a keyboard case that's also going to be cerakoted :)).

I have to see if I have some money left to burn Thursday morning, but I may want to buy a case then.
(Too many projects, too little money :p)

And nice badge. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: dealda

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
This might take longer to make, but what if you left some aluminum fins in the panel on 3 sides, then bent some into notches, while left other fins as they are, and then you can slide in the acrylic panel? Some of the fins will brace the acrylic against the aluminum panel, while the other bent fins will cup around the acrylic. For the last side, you could have a removable fin that can be screwed in, or even just a few screws to hold it in. Here's a crude image of what I mean.

Sure, that is one option, but the flanges would be very visible from the outside.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
So, from what I read if you fit a mini ITX board then you can use a thicker than 2 slots video card, is that correct?
Do you confirm there's a black option as well as an aluminum one?
Thanks.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
So, from what I read if you fit a mini ITX board then you can use a thicker than 2 slots video card, is that correct?
Do you confirm there's a black option as well as an aluminum one?
Thanks.

Yes, that's right, with ITX board you can use 3 slot gpu up to 127 mm high.

There will be black and silver (alu) option, yes! :)

madejackson

Chassis Packer
Jan 18, 2019
I got the Gainward GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Phoenix GS

I am planning to replace the fans with 3xNF-A9x14

CPU cooler is an alpenföhn black ridge with VLP-ram and a NF-A12x15

(Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B450-I, SSD: Mushkin Pilot-E 2TB, PSU: Corsair SFX 750W Platinum)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I got the Gainward GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Phoenix GS

I am planning to replace the fans with 3xNF-A9x14

CPU cooler is an alpenföhn black ridge with VLP-ram and a NF-A12x15

(Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B450-I, SSD: Mushkin Pilot-E 2TB, PSU: Corsair SFX 750W Platinum)

Everything sounds great! :) It will be a killer ?

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Starting to look at parts, though it might be a while before I start the build proper. Any compatibility issues with below? Particularly GPU, which is 2.3 slot. Will likely go with a true 2 slot 1660 Ti or Super if so.

Case: SFFTime P-ATX (obviously)
Mobo: MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM
CPU: Ryzen 3600 or 3600X
HSF: Cryorig C7 Cu or G, with different fan (Noiseblocker BlackSilentFan XE-2 or GELID Solutions FN-FW09-20-B)
RAM: Team T-FORCE NIGHT HAWK Legend RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB)
SSD: 256GB NVMe (have) + Team Group T-FORCE Delta Max RGB SSD 2.5" 1TB
PSU: Fractal Design Ion SFX (SFX-L) or Seasonic SGX (+custom sleeve cables)
GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700 (non-XT)
Case fans: 4x 60mm Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilent Fan XR-1

(Parts are flexible at this point - many chosen for aesthetic reasons, at least in part)

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity