Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Yes, you will just screw in the two standoffs in the other position (dual slot ones are fixed but they don't interfere).

I'm not sure for the other risers, maybe there are some with same spacing. Just keep in mind that this riser is right angled.

If you have the drawing for another riser you can forward it and I will check the compatibility.

Thanks for the clarification. I think right angled ones are also referred to as "type A" riser. For example:

LiHeat Riser
Phanteks Riser

I guess the only reason to change would be to get a totally black one, or one that can handle PCIe 4.0 spec, in the future.

Reactions: CountNoctua

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Thanks!
Depends on whether I sort out shipping boxes tomorrow, so stay tuned for the update :)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
So, the anodizaton guy (BTW great dude) called me an hour ago and said look, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news, he found the way to do it without any problems, but bad news is that it will only be ready be the middle of next week.

Now, the back story to clear out why there were problems. This front/top aluminum piece has two functions, to hold side panels, and to make the case look elegant, without visible seams and screws from outside. Problem with that is that it's very hard to hold the panel for anodization without visible marks on the outside, because everything on the outside is visible, right. But he said that he found out a way to do it, I don't know how, but he sent me these two pictures:

Also, regarding company that makes boxes, they were on some sort of trip/team building, so yeah, I just picked one day when there was nobody there. But they are close to me so I will visit them on Monday and see how the thing will go, but I heard good stuff about them (basically the problem is to find the company who will do custom dimensions for small series).

So today was much better overall, but consequences from yesterday can still be felt since there will be a bit of delay.

Cheers! :thumb:

HYPERBOLOCO

Trash Compacter
Sep 27, 2015
I'm a little confused about the CPU height. You say 53mm max but a C7 with 25mm fan would be 57mm. Mostly wondering as I would really like to be able to fit the thermalright AXP-100 Pure Copper at 58mm ?

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
I just realized that the Phanteks PH-TC12LS has what looks like cutouts underneath the finstack for a wire-style fan mount. I've sent an email to Josh from NFC Systems in hopes that if he owns the cooler, he can test to see if an Lp fan would collide with the mounting hardware. If not, I can mount an underslung fan and get the x99 cooler clearances that I need for this build.

Reactions: riba2233