Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Dang that's a lot of rad!

And shoot. My PSU is 160mm long. So I guess I'll have to ditch the full sized HDDs for now. A 160mm PSU shouldn't interfer with my founders 2080ti right?

Edit: if I did my math correct I should have close to 13mm of clearance and I think I can work with that

160mm is actually the limit for the PSU length, and it will work with founders cards because they are short. But beware, it's either AIO or 3.5 HDD (you could fit one, but it would block the airflow). Also, if you have such long PSU, I'm afraid you can't put the aio under it. Maybe use some quality low profile air cooler. HDD's could work with low profile connectors, but I have to check that later.

Reactions: CountNoctua

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
160mm is actually the limit for the PSU length, and it will work with founders cards because they are short. But beware, it's either AIO or 3.5 HDD (you could fit one, but it would block the airflow). Also, if you have such long PSU, I'm afraid you can't put the aio under it. Maybe use some quality low profile air cooler. HDD's could work with low profile connectors, but I have to check that later.
ill be going with an external cooling solution so it's not a concern for me. but I'm beginning to think im just gonna stick with the original design. I wanted the thicker one so I wouldn't need to buy a new PSU but ill just bite the bullet and get a new SFX psu

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
ill be going with an external cooling solution so it's not a concern for me. but I'm beginning to think im just gonna stick with the original design. I wanted the thicker one so I wouldn't need to buy a new PSU but ill just bite the bullet and get a new SFX psu

Ok :) Just bear in mind, if you plan on using 3.5 Hdd's, use regular SFX psu, SFX-L could have some clearance issues depending on where the connectors are located.

If anyone is not sure about hardware compatibility, please send me a PM or write here the full list of components you plan on using and I will tell you if everything is ok :thumb:

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Ok Just bear in mind, if you plan on using 3.5 Hdd's, use regular SFX psu, SFX-L could have some clearance issues depending on where the connectors are located.

ill be going with a Corsair SF750 which is between 125mm and 100mm long. I was getting conflicting information when looking it up online

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
I'm very excited for this case. I think you're tapping a completely unused area of cases: A case with a very good compatibility for standard ATX components but in a as-sff-as-possible layout. Very very nice case.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm very excited for this case. I think you're tapping a completely unused area of cases: A case with a very good compatibility for standard ATX components but in a as-sff-as-possible layout. Very very nice case.

Yeah, that was exactly my idea! And also as a benefit they have really small footprint so you can easily put them on the desk. Thank you! :)

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Yeah, that was exactly my idea! And also as a benefit they have really small footprint so you can easily put them on the desk. Thank you!

That's wonderful to hear! To you have by chance the rough measurements for the bigger case for 3 slot GPUs? Or maybe I just overlooked them. Need to plan and make a cutout :D

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
I know design for the P-ATX is more or less complete. But I was wondering if the area where the white hard drive is in the below picture is enough for one PCIe single slot device?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I know design for the P-ATX is more or less complete. But I was wondering if the area where the white hard drive is in the below picture is enough for one PCIe single slot device?

Good idea, I have that feature on the larger model, N-ATX :)

But on this one there's not enough space for that (few mm missing), and it wouldn't leave enough space for CPU cooler or block.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Will you have the transparent/acryllic side panels available on the first orders?

[img=10x10]https://i.imgur.com/RAx28pW.jpg[/img]

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Grabber Blue Mustang, quad Noctuas, and sugar free Monster... you is my peoples

There are 4 more Noctuas on the other side as well which makes 8x 200mm Noctua fans. I'm pretty sure they where more expensive than every other part of the set-up ?

I have had the mustang for 2 years now. I absolutely love it. It'll be supercharged at the end of the year with the target of 700whp. It's gonna be a wicked ride!