Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks for the heads-up! Am doing a bit of travelling with family for 2 weeks starting next Wednesday that's why I wanted to see if there's a waitlist

I'll try and keep an eye on this, hopefully there's decent roaming coverage where I'm going.

I will send you a PM just to be sure ;)

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Could you take and post some pictures with a completely black background so to be able to use them to offer your case among the cases that I offer in my builds?
Thanks a lot.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Also out of curiosity, how much does your prototype model weigh?

Prototype is in total 2247 g heavy, but it has 0.5 mm side panels, and production model will have 0.6 mm, so probably around 150-200 g more.

Could you take and post some pictures with a completely black background so to be able to use them to offer your case among the cases that I offer in my builds?
Thanks a lot.

Yes, when I have assembled production units I will do a professional photo shot. For now, photos in the first post are all I have.

Last edited:

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
I feel bad for asking but you kind of said you would post some model pictures of the 3 slot ATX case version... weeks ago by now, I think? I guess you got too busy with your current assembly and all. Anyway, wishing you the best of luck. I will always be keeping an eye!

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I feel bad for asking but you kind of said you would post some model pictures of the 3 slot ATX case version... weeks ago by now, I think? I guess you got too busy with your current assembly and all. Anyway, wishing you the best of luck. I will always be keeping an eye!

Yeah sorry, I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll try to catch some time tomorrow :)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Here it is, a few renders. this covers just a few features, but it has many more regarding radiator support. As you can see, it can fit any gpu (3 slot and really tall) ATX supply, up to E-ATX board, three 3.5" or nine 2.5" hard drives, 140 or 120 mm aio with push pull or thick radiator, cpu cooler up to 74 mm, and various configurations with 360 mm radiator which I will post later.

Do you have an email reminder link?

Not yet, but you can give me your e-mail in private message and I'll get back to you :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
Here it is, a few renders. this covers just a few features, but it has many more regarding radiator support. As you can see, it can fit any gpu (3 slot and really tall) ATX supply, up to E-ATX board, three 3.5" or nine 2.5" hard drives, 140 or 120 mm aio with push pull or thick radiator, cpu cooler up to 74 mm, and various configurations with 360 mm radiator which I will post later.

Thank you. That definitely looks good! I feel like it's a bit fat though? It's hard to tell from the images. I am assuming this is the smallest model that could fit a 3 slot GPU, right? What would be the dimensions and volume of this case then?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thank you. That definitely looks good! I feel like it's a bit fat though? It's hard to tell from the images. I am assuming this is the smallest model that could fit a 3 slot GPU, right? What would be the dimensions and volume of this case then?

It looks fat compared to P-ATX sure, but I wouldn't say it looks disproportional or something like that :)

P-ATX can fit 3-slot, but not to tall, and you have to use ITX board. N-ATX can fit tallest and longest 3-slot, and still house an ATX board. Dimension wise, it is around 2 cm larger than P-ATX in all three directions, and around 13.7 liters. I will post more details when I start a new thread, which will happen once I have materials for the prototype.

No fat shaming! It's a gorgeous plus-size model!

LOL :p

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017

You are mistaken. The original is 2 slot where this is 3 slot. So theoretically the 3 slot should be 50% thicker than the initial design.

While I do agree it looks a bit chubby compared to the original I'm 100% for this version. It gives me the clearances I need. My only worry now is how big the PSU can be before it gets in the way of the HDDs

Edit: I'm also curious about how thick the rad can be with a standard 25mm fan on it

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
You are mistaken. The original is 2 slot where this is 3 slot. So theoretically the 3 slot should be 50% thicker than the initial design.

While I do agree it looks a bit chubby compared to the original I'm 100% for this version. It gives me the clearances I need. My only worry now is how big the PSU can be before it gets in the way of the HDDs

Edit: I'm also curious about how thick the rad can be with a standard 25mm fan on it

It's not quite 50%, it's 24mm thicker :)

If you want to use 3.5 Hdd's, you can either use non-modular ATX supply up to 140mm in length, maybe modular if you put HDD in a spot where it does not interfere with modular connectors, or you can use modular SFX supply.

There is 89 mm of internal width, so in theory 64mm thick rad.

Reactions: CountNoctua

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
It's not quite 50%, it's 24mm thicker

If you want to use 3.5 Hdd's, you can either use non-modular ATX supply up to 140mm in length, maybe modular if you put HDD in a spot where it does not interfere with modular connectors, or you can use modular SFX supply.

There is 89 mm of internal width, so in theory 64mm thick rad.
Dang that's a lot of rad!

And shoot. My PSU is 160mm long. So I guess I'll have to ditch the full sized HDDs for now. A 160mm PSU shouldn't interfer with my founders 2080ti right?

Edit: if I did my math correct I should have close to 13mm of clearance and I think I can work with that

Last edited: