Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

izrek

Cable Smoosher
Feb 23, 2018
Just seen it today, it will 100% fit if you have MBO with pcie x16 slot in 1st position.

Also, I've seen today that the EK is releasing 38mm thick 120mm fan, that would be great with up to 27mm thick radiator in this case, better noise and thermals.

So, for X570, it seems like currently only the Steel Legend and the Godlike model are good for this setup
With Intel, I don't think there are any suitable motherboards from the Z390 side, except for some non ATX models

Would you recommend going with ITX motherboard instead so we can fit 60mm fans on the bottom?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
So, for X570, it seems like currently only the Steel Legend and the Godlike model are good for this setup
With Intel, I don't think there are any suitable motherboards from the Z390 side, except for some non ATX models

Would you recommend going with ITX motherboard instead so we can fit 60mm fans on the bottom?

Yes, asrock has few X570 models, and you can use one of plenty B450 MATX boards and save money. For intel there are some M-ATX models also, and of course ITX models. Godlike is not a good choice for this case, it's overkill, you'll never use it's potential, has lousy IO, and it's EATX so wont fit with SFX supply.

You can fit 60mm fan in the bottom with either MATX or ITX board, if you have ATX than you can fit two 40mm fans. Just be cautious, the fan in the bottom can only be up to 20 mm thick.

Reactions: izrek

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
120 mm radiator would fit well (up to 243 mm is fine), but unfortunately 145 is to wide for this case. 134 is maximum width if the pcie slot is in the first position, and 115 mm (reference width) is the maximum if the pcie slot is in the second position.

Also, 45 mm sounds like it's thicker than dual slot. This case is limited to strict two slot (42 mm with backplate and 38 mm without).

For a gpu like that I recommend the larger model which will fit any gpu.

You're welcome and I'm sorry that it doesn't fit GPU like that, but I had to make some limits to achieve such a small volume.
Hi,

what would be the longest possible video card using a 92mm radiator?
Does a 270mm videocard fit?
You said 243 using a 120mm radiator.

Thanks

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Reactions: CountNoctua

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
is the three slot going to be physically thicker to accommodate the extra slot? would this allow for 80mm fans instead of the 60mm?

Yes, it will be thicker and it will allow few things:

3 slot gpu with ATX mbo
ATX supply
74mm CPU cooler
3 x 3.5 HDD's or 9 x ssd's
80mm case fans on top and bottom
various radiator configurations (up to 360mm rads)

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Yes, it will be thicker and it will allow few things:

3 slot gpu with ATX mbo
ATX supply
74mm CPU cooler
3 x 3.5 HDD's or 9 x ssd's
80mm case fans on top and bottom
various radiator configurations (up to 360mm rads)
Cool beans. And you said the 3 slot won't be available the same time as the 2 slot correct? Any idea how much longer it would take?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Cool beans. And you said the 3 slot won't be available the same time as the 2 slot correct? Any idea how much longer it would take?

I will start prototyping within first few weeks of selling P-ATX, and i can start production once I've sold at least the half of the first P-ATX batch.

Also, I have received the materials for the first batch, I will post some pictures later :)

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Thank you for your interest!

Don't worry, just watch this thread and I will post once I am ready to start accepting orders. You will get yours in the first batch

Thanks for the heads-up! Am doing a bit of travelling with family for 2 weeks starting next Wednesday that's why I wanted to see if there's a waitlist :)

I'll try and keep an eye on this, hopefully there's decent roaming coverage where I'm going.

Reactions: riba2233