Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
120 mm radiator would fit well (up to 243 mm is fine), but unfortunately 145 is to wide for this case. 134 is maximum width if the pcie slot is in the first position, and 115 mm (reference width) is the maximum if the pcie slot is in the second position.

Also, 45 mm sounds like it's thicker than dual slot. This case is limited to strict two slot (42 mm with backplate and 38 mm without).

For a gpu like that I recommend the larger model which will fit any gpu.

You're welcome and I'm sorry that it doesn't fit GPU like that, but I had to make some limits to achieve such a small volume.

The Sapphire Nitro RX580 / RX 590 have these spec: 260 x 135 x 43 mm
I mainly build hackintosh so these are good cards for computing in Metal.

I guess they don't fit.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The Sapphire Nitro RX580 / RX 590 have these spec: 260 x 135 x 43 mm
I mainly build hackintosh so these are good cards for computing in Metal.

I guess they don't fit.

No, unfortunately this is a problem:

It also says

Form Factor
  • 2.2 Slot, ATX
  • Dimension: 260X135X43mm

on their site, do definitely more than 2 slots.

I'm not sure what's the point of such design, it's barely thicker than standard 2 slot, but enough to obstruct the next slot, and not thick enough to have cooling advantage.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
No, unfortunately this is a problem:

It also says

Form Factor
  • 2.2 Slot, ATX
  • Dimension: 260X135X43mm

on their site, do definitely more than 2 slots.

I'm not sure what's the point of such design, it's barely thicker than standard 2 slot, but enough to obstruct the next slot, and not thick enough to have cooling advantage.
I'm nos sure either.
Those cards have the most compatible Bios with MacOS for hackintosh and you can find the Nitro that are clocked higher.
They happen to also be nicer than other cards and have nice led lighting.
There are other brands though that can be chosen, just not as nice.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm nos sure either.
Those cards have the most compatible Bios with MacOS for hackintosh and you can find the Nitro that are clocked higher.
They happen to also be nicer than other cards and have nice led lighting.
There are other brands though that can be chosen, just not as nice.

Yeah I get you. It will fit in a larger model without any issue and with space for better CPU cooling and ATX supply.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
ATX psu and ATX mb?

Yeah! :) And a lot more!

I've just checked clearance for that low profile 90 degree fitting, and it would barely fit, but the problem is the plugs for the ports on the back side of the gpu are hitting the riser cable on the MBO. There are only 2mm missing, and GPU could be mounted like that but would be slanted, and then you only have 18mm clearance instead of 20mm that are needed for the fitting. But that's on EKWB block, said you have some other so maybe you have a better situation, we need to see.

MarceloSiciliano

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Yeah! And a lot more!

I've just checked clearance for that low profile 90 degree fitting, and it would barely fit, but the problem is the plugs for the ports on the back side of the gpu are hitting the riser cable on the MBO. There are only 2mm missing, and GPU could be mounted like that but would be slanted, and then you only have 18mm clearance instead of 20mm that are needed for the fitting. But that's on EKWB block, said you have some other so maybe you have a better situation, we need to see.
Will the 3slot version have more room at the back too?

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
@riba2233 I know you have already stated that you are against a solid side panel because in most cases it would cause a lot of thermal issues but I hope you will reconsider and at least add it as an option. For me, someone using external radiators to cool my components a solid side panel would actually improve my thermals by giving the fans in the case a direct flow over the motherboard similar to a air tunnel compared to using a desk fan outside for example. In the tunnel the flow only has one way to go so it's a lot more efficient where as the fan outside the air will disperse much more quickly and thus making it less effective. I understand that I'm vastly in the minority here but I just hope you'll give it a second thought.

Reactions: riba2233

izrek

Cable Smoosher
Feb 23, 2018
120mm AIO with 2070 Super seems possible now with this case.
Just seen this card on Zotac's website. Hopefully the thermal and noise are not terrible

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
120mm AIO with 2070 Super seems possible now with this case.
Just seen this card on Zotac's website. Hopefully the thermal and noise are not terrible

Just seen it today, it will 100% fit if you have MBO with pcie x16 slot in 1st position.

Also, I've seen today that the EK is releasing 38mm thick 120mm fan, that would be great with up to 27mm thick radiator in this case, better noise and thermals.