Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX, the 9L case with ATX and AIO support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
For now I'm planning on making the main body and panels powder coated matte black, and the aluminum top and stand in grey or black, probably anodized.

In the future I'm open for more options :)

Reactions: JSItems

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Yes, I'm quite aware that the black is always the must have option :) I also like the full-black cases and the rest of the hardware, it's just most elegant option.

Yes it is, I have assembled the case and fitted the entire configuration inside, along with all the cables and tubes.

I'm currently waiting for some professional photos so you can see the case in all of it's glory ?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
What do you think about transparent or wooden side panels as an option?

They would mount the same way as the standard side panel (no visible screws, only one thumb screw) and would make the case 3 mm thicker.

Here are the renders:

Wood grain is still not final, I would probably offer some kind of light wood and a dark one.

Also, I'm still waiting for the professional photos for the prototype!

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
I'm a fan of transparent as they can work better with certain cosmetic settings (aka RGB unicorn vomit lighting).

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Transparent would be nice, assuming tempered glass or other non-acrylic material (scratches way too easily).

I agree with you, but unfortunately it's impossible to perforate the glass like you can do with polycarbonate. But I will pick a type of plastic that is most scratch resistant.

The wood is gorgeous! Black case + light wood = ?

Yes, I'm also the big fan of wood on PC cases :)

I'm a fan of transparent as they can work better with certain cosmetic settings (aka RGB unicorn vomit lighting).

Great, I think it will look really nice with some decent RGB, maybe single color! :)

Reactions: CountNoctua

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I wanna buy this, how do I do it?

Hi, thank you a lot :)

Currently I'm working hard on producing the first batch, I have just started a company (LLC) and I'm ordering all the materials this week, so I predict that I will be ready to ship the cases out in the second half of September, if everything goes as planned.

I have prototype ready, just waiting for professional photos, and I already have a deal with all the manufacturing companies (laser cutting, perforating, powder coating, anodizing, CNC routing etc.)

I will be posting the progress here, so you will be notified on time, and if you want, you can pre-order to be sure that you get yours in the first batch :)

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
Hi, thank you a lot :)

Currently I'm working hard on producing the first batch, I have just started a company (LLC) and I'm ordering all the materials this week, so I predict that I will be ready to ship the cases out in the second half of September, if everything goes as planned.

I have prototype ready, just waiting for professional photos, and I already have a deal with all the manufacturing companies (laser cutting, perforating, powder coating, anodizing, CNC routing etc.)

I will be posting the progress here, so you will be notified on time, and if you want, you can pre-order to be sure that you get yours in the first batch :)

Where are you located?

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
The case looks good.
I am wondering if it would be possible to move the GPU card down if using an ITX board, thus increasing the available GPU height?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The case looks good.
I am wondering if it would be possible to move the GPU card down if using an ITX board, thus increasing the available GPU height?

Thanks!

I will offer an ITX model which will be smaller, and will have the GPU slightly offset so it can fit ~2.5 slot GPU. But for this model the ATX support is the main point, and GPU had to be as close as possible to left panel, to enable clearance for the MBO and the riser. I hope you understand :)

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
Thanks!

I will offer an ITX model which will be smaller, and will have the GPU slightly offset so it can fit ~2.5 slot GPU. But for this model the ATX support is the main point, and GPU had to be as close as possible to left panel, to enable clearance for the MBO and the riser. I hope you understand :)

Fantastic, and yes I understand.

I was originally looking at the S402 as an option, but its shipped from the US (and not yet available), so an EU case would suit me better, as I live in the EU :)

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Fantastic, and yes I understand.

I was originally looking at the S402 as an option, but its shipped from the US (and not yet available), so an EU case would suit me better, as I live in the EU :)

Thank you a lot, and I hope you'll consider my case once it's on sale :)