Production SFFtime presents: N-ATX V2 - 15L evolution of console case that supports ATX size parts

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Awesome, log, very detailed and thank you very much for your feedback!

Let me just address some points, firstly regarding the PSU mount. I have always used the same clearance above the psu, I make it as tight as possible to increase the psu and gpu compatibility to the max. As you noticed, the key was to push the female end of an AC cable all the way in, with that there should be no problem and it is also important for proper electrical contact.
Regarding AC port fitment on SFX psu's, yes, I must admit that is it not optimal for all the SFX psus (bracket is primarily made for ATX psus and if I thinned that part even more it might be to weak and prone to bending), but there are ways around it, one is of course using an adapter like you did, and another one is just rotating the psu other way, so it intakes the air from the rear side.

Now, regarding that bolt for the right side panel, that is a valid point, it is a bit shorter but in my testing it was ok, as long as it is not tightened too much but I agree, it should be a bit longer and I will include a longer one for the next batch, thank you for noticing that!

For the usb cable I am really not sure, I haven't tested them personally and never received any reports on it, but it could also be the motherboard, it is one of the first ones with this type of connector and in general some am4 motherboards had issues with usb. If you want I can send you another one to test out.

Once again thank you so much, this is really and awesome and rare example of an awesome feedback and I am very grateful for it!
np, feedback is deserved as your creation is pretty good!

As additional comment, i was litterally unable to apply psu bracket on sx800-lti, whatever orientation.
Also, based on my CL530 experience, psu has to be near side panel (best side is same as cpu/gpu). If you have too big gap from side panel, psu will recycle hot air leading to shut down.

With my sx700 psu, i was only able to orient it with big gap vs side panel, not working though.

I agree that keeping only one psu bracket both compatible sfx and atx psu is difficult/impossible.

Regarding damaged thread or any other damaged part, why not selling spare parts?

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
np, feedback is deserved as your creation is pretty good!

As additional comment, i was litterally unable to apply psu bracket on sx800-lti, whatever orientation.
Also, based on my CL530 experience, psu has to be near side panel (best side is same as cpu/gpu). If you have too big gap from side panel, psu will recycle hot air leading to shut down.

With my sx700 psu, i was only able to orient it with big gap vs side panel, not working though.

I agree that keeping only one psu bracket both compatible sfx and atx psu is difficult/impossible.

Regarding damaged thread or any other damaged part, why not selling spare parts?

Yeah I am looking at it and the power switch on the psu is a bit low idk, most sfx psus should fit at least when rotated the opposite way, so that the fan is towards the right panel. Luckily atx to sfx adapter is a very viable solution!

I will surely think about selling spare parts, usually I do it on custom basis and will gladly sell if I have some extra :) Buit yeah for the future I might make some extra.

someuser

Efficiency Noob
Oct 6, 2021
Now, regarding that bolt for the right side panel, that is a valid point, it is a bit shorter but in my testing it was ok, as long as it is not tightened too much but I agree, it should be a bit longer and I will include a longer one for the next batch, thank you for noticing that!
You mean the November 12 batch?

Reactions: riba2233

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022
Wouldn’t that make it 4PM? Local time in croatia is 17.10 as of this reply.

Yet another reason to banish this whole daytime thing. Screws up your inner clock and makes things uber confusing.

On the other hand, this is totally god's will. I just woke up and was afraid I missed it.

Reactions: Nixra

IceHism

Case Bender
New User
Oct 26, 2022
Hi,

well to be honest I am not sure if this will fit, it has 405.5 x 367 size so it might be too big for carry-on. Case is sturdy and GPU is held good enough, but if you have a large and heavy gpu conventional mounting is not enough, I would advise on adding a support bracket of sorts. Most modern gpus have extra holes on the rear for that purpose. And I would recommend lighter, SFX psu just to be sure.
Air or aio, it depens on what kind of gpu you have, if it is small enough than aio will be a better option in theory.
I looked at it a bit and it looks like it will be a tight fit for a backpack but should fit in a suitcase easily when laid horizontally so i think it's all good.
With an ATX motherboard, is there a way to get 240mm or 360mm radiator? If i'm limited to 120mm, then i would rather just get a good air cooler. I'm planning to put in a 13900k but i won't be using a top of the line gpu or anything. RTX3080 or 3070TI maybe. I'd even settle with a dual slot gpu. kinda have to go nvidia cause CUDA so amd isn't really an option for me. For something like that, would an AIO or air cooler be better in this case? I'll consider a support bracket but not sure if the 3000 series would be considered heavy
Other than the cooler, there's basically no need for fans right?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I looked at it a bit and it looks like it will be a tight fit for a backpack but should fit in a suitcase easily when laid horizontally so i think it's all good.
With an ATX motherboard, is there a way to get 240mm or 360mm radiator? If i'm limited to 120mm, then i would rather just get a good air cooler. I'm planning to put in a 13900k but i won't be using a top of the line gpu or anything. RTX3080 or 3070TI maybe. I'd even settle with a dual slot gpu. kinda have to go nvidia cause CUDA so amd isn't really an option for me. For something like that, would an AIO or air cooler be better in this case? I'll consider a support bracket but not sure if the 3000 series would be considered heavy
With atx mb, you can go for 120 aio or air cooler (thermalright axp120-67 with 25 fan remains best choice). However whatever your choice, you will need to undervolt 13900k.
Check my review of N-ATX if you want more details (see my signature)

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022

In my opinion you don't need AIO for 3080/3070ti unless you want it to be significantly quieter. Right now I'm using P-ATX v2 with a 3090 and I'm running neural network model training 24/7. During summer with 25 degrees in the room I would crank the fans to 82% and the memory junction temperatures would stay around 88-92 degrees which is acceptable. Default profile only cares about core temps, so memory junction would get limited at 110 degrees but that's obviously not ideal. Right now I can leave the fans at 75% with same result, and that's fairly quiet on my card (82% is pretty loud). For gaming I just leave my card in quiet mode and it's barely noticable (CPU fan is louder).

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
In my opinion you don't need AIO for 3080/3070ti unless you want it to be significantly quieter. Right now I'm using P-ATX v2 with a 3090 and I'm running neural network model training 24/7. During summer with 25 degrees in the room I would crank the fans to 82% and the memory junction temperatures would stay around 88-92 degrees which is acceptable. Default profile only cares about core temps, so memory junction would get limited at 110 degrees but that's obviously not ideal. Right now I can leave the fans at 75% with same result, and that's fairly quiet on my card (82% is pretty loud). For gaming I just leave my card in quiet mode and it's barely noticable (CPU fan is louder).
Are you refering to RTX 3090 FE inside P-ATX v2, while using mini ITX MB?
If yes, I would disagree on only one comment : at 75% or 82% fan speed, RTX 3090 FE is really loud. Personnally I'm aiming at fan speed at 50%...but I know noise is 100% subjective..:D

Dream Claw

Cable Smoosher
Oct 10, 2022
Just my SFF N-ATX yesterday. Just got done transferring all my parts into it. So far it is fantastic.

This is my first ever venture into the small form factor game.

Temps have been reasonable considering I want from a 240 AIO to a Big Shuriken 3 with a Noctua NF A12x25.

I will post pictures, spec, and build experience later.