Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

Badasser

Cable Smoosher
May 18, 2020
The minimal weight increase from P-ATX is actually pretty nice. All things considered, if this case ends up being as good as it sounds, maybe the shipping to Australia will be worth it... getting shafted on shipping is nothing new here at the very least lol.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The minimal weight increase from P-ATX is actually pretty nice. All things considered, if this case ends up being as good as it sounds, maybe the shipping to Australia will be worth it... getting shafted on shipping is nothing new here at the very least lol.
Thanks! Well it is only due to pandemic, usually regular post ships to aus for 63usd, same as other non-eu and non-america countries.

Reactions: Badasser

AllXFrag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2020
Hey @riba2233,

I was looking over the pictures provided but I couldn't really see what interests me. Do you still have the test system built by any chance?
I am interested if I can squeeze a pci-e pass through for watercooling with an atx mobo and a 2 slot gpu, but I can't clearly see the back of the case and how all the i/o is aligning.

Cheers!

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hey @riba2233,

I was looking over the pictures provided but I couldn't really see what interests me. Do you still have the test system built by any chance?
I am interested if I can squeeze a pci-e pass through for watercooling with an atx mobo and a 2 slot gpu, but I can't clearly see the back of the case and how all the i/o is aligning.

Cheers!
If your GPU is single slot under a waterblock, you shouldn't have an issue I would think. You can also find single-slot IO Brackets for most recent GPUs.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hey @riba2233,

Cheers!

Hi, I get that you are asking, here is a quick render:

It could fit, but might have to file a bit of the strut between pci slots 3 and 4. Problem with those pass throughs is that they are as wide as the pci bracket, so they require that the case doesn't have any struts between pci slots.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hi, I get that you are asking, here is a quick render:

It could fit, but might have to file a bit of the strut between pci slots 3 and 4. Problem with those pass throughs is that they are as wide as the pci bracket, so they require that the case doesn't have any struts between pci slots.
To avoid the GPU backplate, I would swap where the opening is to be farther away from the motherboard.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Thanks, but there is not much I can do with this area, it is already really packed and optimized.
Sorry I wasn't suggesting changing the case, I meant moving the GPU 1 slot towards the motherboard... does that interfere with an ATX board in the N-ATX?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@riba2233 Based on my recent CL530 experience, I found that adjusting width on GPU was super, mega important in order to avoid any hot air recycling on GPU.

My experience is based on putting GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X (2.5 Slots) inside CL530 (3 slots mode). However my GTX 1080 ti is getting too hot (thermal throttle) very quickly. That's not something I'm experiencing with RTX 3090 FE as it's a 3 slots GPU.
As far as I understood, on P/N ATX case you can adjust pcie Slot to fit GPU width whatever it is (perfect to make sure GPU has always access to fresh air) ? Am I correct?
If I'm correct, this is a great feature. Unfortunately CL530 has just 2 positions : 2 or 3 slots.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233 Based on my recent CL530 experience, I found that adjusting width on GPU was super, mega important in order to avoid any hot air recycling on GPU.

My experience is based on putting GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X (2.5 Slots) inside CL530 (3 slots mode). However my GTX 1080 ti is getting too hot (thermal throttle) very quickly. That's not something I'm experiencing with RTX 3090 FE as it's a 3 slots GPU.
As far as I understood, on P/N ATX case you can adjust pcie Slot to fit GPU width whatever it is (perfect to make sure GPU has always access to fresh air) ? Am I correct?
If I'm correct, this is a great feature. Unfortunately CL530 has just 2 positions : 2 or 3 slots.

It's like this:

In P-ATX:

- single slot gpu's can be moved towards the inside of the case by 5mm
- dual and triple slot cards can be adjusted all the way, so by 20mm

In N-ATX it is a bit different since gpu sits a bit lower to make more space for larger PSU:

- single and dual slot gpu's can be moved towards the inside of the case by 5mm
- triple and 4slot gpu's are in the fixed position

But please note that there is a big difference between this case and CL530, this case is raised a lot from the ground, and has ample ventilation in the bottom, so it has much better gpu exhaust and thus won't recirculate hot air so I wouldn't worry for gpu temps.

That's fair, still gonna buy the case when it's available!

Thank you a lot!

is this only if you want to use a radiator ? If I have an all air cooled system can I stuck a 180mm atx psu ?

No, it is in all configurations, 160mm is absolute max limit.