Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Don't worry guys, all of you make good points, and like always it is a matter of preference in the end, everyone of us has different priorities.
For N-ATX layout is perfect with ATX mbo, 3slot gpu and ATX psu, I really didn't have to compromise anything for ATX psu. With SFX you get a bit easier cable management, and you can use long 1-slot gpu in the upper position, but that is about it.

panador

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 27, 2020
Hey

@riba2233 Any update on when this will be available? You said hopefully 2-3 months now close to 2 months ago. Not rushing, would just like an update.

I'm pretty much hovering over the "order" button for the P-ATX V2, but I think I'd like the N-ATX better, much prefer the bit more space which comes with more options.

laggoh

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 28, 2020
Any idea how many 3.5" drives I could toss in this thing with an mATX mobo and an ATX PSU? Looking to downsize some old hardware into a TrueNAS box and this looks cool!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hey

@riba2233 Any update on when this will be available? You said hopefully 2-3 months now close to 2 months ago. Not rushing, would just like an update.

I'm pretty much hovering over the "order" button for the P-ATX V2, but I think I'd like the N-ATX better, much prefer the bit more space which comes with more options.

We have increased number of P-ATX orders so I had to postpone N-ATX release, I really hope that we will be able to have the first batch in Q2. I know that that is a bit disappointing, but I'm doing my best at the moment to fullfil all orders.

Any idea how many 3.5" drives I could toss in this thing with an mATX mobo and an ATX PSU? Looking to downsize some old hardware into a TrueNAS box and this looks cool!

Without any mods, three 3.5" drives max.

• Sad
Reactions: Kit

Quaddragon

Chassis Packer
Nov 11, 2020
Hey

Glad I'm not the only one that has been drooling over this case. Can't wait for this thing to come out.

Reactions: riba2233

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
We have increased number of P-ATX orders so I had to postpone N-ATX release, I really hope that we will be able to have the first batch in Q2. I know that that is a bit disappointing, but I'm doing my best at the moment to fullfil all orders.

oh dang, really like the N-ATX concept so much... better late than never :)

Reactions: riba2233

laggoh

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 28, 2020
Any chance of getting a “NAS” kit or bracket system as an add-on? Nothing fancy just a way to slap more 2.5/3.5 drives in there if you aren’t going to install a GPU. Either way, beautiful case and I’ll be keeping my eye on the release!

Reactions: dealda

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Hey at least I can wait for the rumors of ddr 5 before getting an ATX motherboard. Still excited for this case

newguy2020

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 31, 2020
So far, a 360mm aio is incompatible with an ATX setup right? I am debating which of the parts to let go, ml360R coolermaster or my thermaltake 750 grand atx psu to make it work since the atx mobo is a must.

i_louis

Case Bender
New User
Jul 5, 2019
Wow ok this is probably going to be the case for my downsize, I do have a quick question tho:

I'd likely be going for mITX and lower GPU with 360 Radiator but I'm trying to figure out how the riser cablbe makes it back to the mobo? Does it go behind the rad?

So glad I found this thread haha, great work mate!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Wow ok this is probably going to be the case for my downsize, I do have a quick question tho:

I'd likely be going for mITX and lower GPU with 360 Radiator but I'm trying to figure out how the riser cablbe makes it back to the mobo? Does it go behind the rad?

I would assume that best GPU position for full watercooled system will be top one.
With GPU at bottom, this should block airflow.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

Riser goes between GPU and radiator, so you will probably need some fan guard on one fan.

I would assume that best GPU position for full watercooled system will be top one.
With GPU at bottom, this should block airflow.

With gpu in the bottom slot airflow will be a bit weaker, but not as much as you would think since fans can draw air from the bottom side.

I plan on doing a similar build, I just need to get my hands on ITX board.

Reactions: MarcParis

Unofficial

Cable Smoosher
May 31, 2020
I'd really like to have a much closer look at the interior dimensions to ensure fitment.
The tight tolerances of a build in this case would make that incredibly important.
Could those get released or is that still unknown?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'd really like to have a much closer look at the interior dimensions to ensure fitment.
The tight tolerances of a build in this case would make that incredibly important.
Could those get released or is that still unknown?

Sure no problem, internal dimensions are: 403x348x93mm.

Don't worry about tolerances though, shouldn't be any problems there.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Any chance of getting a “NAS” kit or bracket system as an add-on? Nothing fancy just a way to slap more 2.5/3.5 drives in there if you aren’t going to install a GPU. Either way, beautiful case and I’ll be keeping my eye on the release!

Sure, I will think about this, I cannot promise it will be available right away though.

Would you also be considering gen 4.0 risers with the delay in the release ?

I would, but I still don't see anything promising unfortunately.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
thats fine as well , your previous case worked with a b550 and a pcie 4.0 card so I am guessing that the riser cables you are using for those is also fine

My riser cable is gen3, it is not impossible that it could work on some mbo+gpu combinations in gen4 speed, but I wouldn't count on that.

In any case, the safest option is to set the gpu slot to gen3 in BIOS.