Completed SFFtime presents: N-ATX - 14 L case with ATX mbo and psu, 4-slot gpu and 360mm rad support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks for answering! in regards to number 5 would a 3.5" HDD be mountable? Also You would be surprised about the ventilation on that case. If I remember correctly it was based on the Silverstone RV02/FT02.

Lastly...this might be a bit radical but have you thought about incorporating a low profile horizontal backplate for the lower section?

3.5 hdd yes if the radiator+fans are not too thick.

Sorry but I don't really understand the last question, could you maybe make a sketch in paint?

Oh and I started working on something to help with renders, I think you will like it:

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
3.5 hdd yes if the radiator+fans are not too thick.

Sorry but I don't really understand the last question, could you maybe make a sketch in paint?

Oh and I started working on something to help with renders, I think you will like it:

he is talking about something like that, where there is a single low profile pcie slot between the mobo io and the vertical full length pcie slot

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
he is talking about something like that, where there is a single low profile pcie slot between the mobo io and the vertical full length pcie slot

Ok I thought it could be something like that. I was thinking about that, but decided not to do it since it would compromise the integrity of the chassis to much. So if you have a card it should go in slot above io, with riser.

HYPERBOLOCO

Trash Compacter
Sep 27, 2015
Ok I thought it could be something like that. I was thinking about that, but decided not to do it since it would compromise the integrity of the chassis to much. So if you have a card it should go in slot above io, with riser.

No not quite. I was thinking more making the bottom PCI slot section into a bracket that you could swap in and out. Like in attached image. So you would have full height and a low profile bracket. Does that make sense? ?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
No not quite. I was thinking more making the bottom PCI slot section into a bracket that you could swap in and out. Like in attached image. So you would have full height and a low profile bracket. Does that make sense? ?

Yeah ok I get it now :) I did consider making some kind of gpu bracket, and kind of making it a structural part of the chassis, but those things are hard to do in a constrained volume, for something that would be pretty niche. Not to mention it would raise the cost by a decent amount.

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Interesting question, but how is side panel rigidity? I have a cooler that's too tall for the case (Dark Rock TF), but I'm debating "Hot-Rodding" it and cutting a hole for the cooler to poke through. I'm assuming side panel rigidity would suffer severely, but would it make the frame not stable?

Camo5

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
So, I have a pcie adapter card for wireless+bluetooth I pulled from my laptop, is there a mounting point for this such as in a standard case, with the adapter card plugging directly into the mobo?
adapter for reference: Mini PCI-E to PCI-E adaptor

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Interesting question, but how is side panel rigidity? I have a cooler that's too tall for the case (Dark Rock TF), but I'm debating "Hot-Rodding" it and cutting a hole for the cooler to poke through. I'm assuming side panel rigidity would suffer severely, but would it make the frame not stable?

I think you should be fine if you do that, most rigidity comes from side flanges and non-perforated area near them. Frame is stable enough, and after you attach side panels it becomes really rigid :)

So, I have a pcie adapter card for wireless+bluetooth I pulled from my laptop, is there a mounting point for this such as in a standard case, with the adapter card plugging directly into the mobo?
adapter for reference: Mini PCI-E to PCI-E adaptor

No, but you could pick a pcie (with bracket dismantled) card that has antennas on wires like this:

And plug that into mbo and run the antennas to pci bracket on the back.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I'm quite impressed with this new design, especially with the upper graphics card mount opening up the entire lower cavity for radiator, this should create a lot of opportunity to have huge amounts of cooling.

Now I really don't know whether to save a bit more and get a P-ATX v2 or wait for this N-ATX XD

I guess I should wait until AMD unveils their next gen cards and see what the ITX offerings are like (from what I've seen, there's not really any RTX 3000 series small cards out there, save for the Zotac 3070 Edge, and even that's pretty tall compared to their 2000 series ITX offerings)

Reactions: riba2233

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Yea. This one is vibing with me. Useful design.

Can you include bifurication riser options? If not the riser itself, at least mounting options.

Looks like there is space for vandal like power button on the back.

Also, is the USB port a often requested feature?

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Hi,

Is 160mm physical limit on PSU length as 180mm or even 170mm would open really great PSUs?

Long power supply will intefere with your graphics card matey, based on the renders, you can probably use very long PSUs, but you will lose SSD/HDD mounting, lose the radiator space, and limit your GPU to about 240mm length or so (riba will need to confirm the exact number, seeing as this case is slightly longer than the PATX v2

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thank you for all of your comments guys ?

I'm quite impressed with this new design, especially with the upper graphics card mount opening up the entire lower cavity for radiator, this should create a lot of opportunity to have huge amounts of cooling.

Now I really don't know whether to save a bit more and get a P-ATX v2 or wait for this N-ATX XD

I guess I should wait until AMD unveils their next gen cards and see what the ITX offerings are like (from what I've seen, there's not really any RTX 3000 series small cards out there, save for the Zotac 3070 Edge, and even that's pretty tall compared to their 2000 series ITX offerings)

Thank you, I'm glad you like! I will post more renders with few more possibilities, still need to do some modeling.

Well you could always grab both ?

Yeah I'm also waiting to see what AMD has to offer.

Wow this design is next level, when are you targeting sales to go live?

Thank you, means a lot!

I don't have any firm timeline yet, but I want to have first batch in near future.

Yea. This one is vibing with me. Useful design.

Can you include bifurication riser options? If not the riser itself, at least mounting options.

Looks like there is space for vandal like power button on the back.

Also, is the USB port a often requested feature?

Ty ?

Yeah I could do that, it is just a matter of adding few holes. I would just have to know hole spacing of some more commonly used bif. risers.
Power button in on the bottom front, same as on P-ATX v2 so it's hidden but a bit more reachable.

Well yeah, actually a lot of people say that they use front usb a lot. I'm guessing you would like to see clean side, right? ?

Hi,

Is 160mm physical limit on PSU length as 180mm or even 170mm would open really great PSUs?

Hi,

Yes 160mm is really a hard limit, I had to draw a line somewhere, but there are many options even in 140mm size, like 1000W units from Seasonic or 1200W unit from silverstone. And I would argue that you can't really cool more than 1200W in this case.

Long power supply will interfere with your graphics card matey, based on the renders, you can probably use very long PSUs, but you will lose SSD/HDD mounting, lose the radiator space, and limit your GPU to about 240mm length or so (riba will need to confirm the exact number, seeing as this case is slightly longer than the PATX v2

Yeah there would be a lot of limitations and make compatibility chart even more complicated than it is (and it is extremely long even now). Also it would make case construction almost impossible, since there is some hardware that barely fit even with 160mm supply and I didn't want to go over 14L.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Ty ?

Yeah I could do that, it is just a matter of adding few holes. I would just have to know hole spacing of some more commonly used bif. risers.
Power button in on the bottom front, same as on P-ATX v2 so it's hidden but a bit more reachable.

Well yeah, actually a lot of people say that they use front usb a lot. I'm guessing you would like to see clean side, right? ?

You should check with C payne. https://peine-braun.net/shop/index.php?route=common/home. He is a member here as well. You can just pick a recommended riser from his shop if necessary and provide the mounting options.

It will be a missed opportunity if no riser support. Personal opinion.

Nothing against the USB ports. The blue and chrome in the ports ruin the façade. But it is what it is. Clean look will be fire.

Raivo

Cable Smoosher
Sep 29, 2020
Thank you for all of your comments guys ?

Hi,

Yes 160mm is really a hard limit, I had to draw a line somewhere, but there are many options even in 140mm size, like 1000W units from Seasonic or 1200W unit from silverstone. And I would argue that you can't really cool more than 1200W in this case.

Yeah there would be a lot of limitations and make compatibility chart even more complicated than it is (and it is extremely long even now). Also it would make case construction almost impossible, since there is some hardware that barely fit even with 160mm supply and I didn't want to go over 14L.

Thanks for the info.

Made a quick list of compatible PSUs with atleast 5y warranty. Maybe someone also needs it. I think it will be missing alot depending on you region etc. but gives some options to consider.

Disclaimer: Warranty information is from store site and wasnt verified from manufacturer besides of Silverstone PSU. Also This reflects only EU warranty. 3+7 warranty means you need to register AND after 3 years return PSU to manufacturer directly with your own cost.

lenghtwarrantyyearnotes
Antec 850W High Current Gamer HCG850 Gold
140​
10​
2018​
Seasonic Focus Gold Plus
Corsair 850W RM850x
160​
10​
2018​
EVGA 850W SuperNOVA 850 G3
150​
3+7
2017​
Super flower Leadex II
Fractal Design 860W Ion+ Platinum
150​
10​
2019​
Seasonic 850W FOCUS PX-850 platinum
140​
3+7
2018​
Seasonic 850W FOCUS GX-850 Gold
140​
3+7
2017​
SilverStone 850W Strider Platinum ST85F-PT
140​
5​
2016​
SilverStone 1000W Strider Platinum Series ST1000-PTS
140​
5​
2019​
1200W/243€
Super Flower 850W Leadex III Gold
160​
7​
2019​
SilverStone 700W SX700-PT
100​
5​
2019​
SFX

Reactions: Criko

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
You should check with C payne. https://peine-braun.net/shop/index.php?route=common/home. He is a member here as well. You can just pick a recommended riser from his shop if necessary and provide the mounting options.

It will be a missed opportunity if no riser support. Personal opinion.

Nothing against the USB ports. The blue and chrome in the ports ruin the façade. But it is what it is. Clean look will be fire.

Thank you for the link. I just took a look and did some measurements on the model and these won't fit, they should be right turn to fit.

For usb's I will try to make holes on the side panel a bit smaller to hide that chrome.

Only if you offer 50% off combo deal ??

Haha ok we'll work something out ?

Thanks for the info.

Made a quick list of compatible PSUs with atleast 5y warranty. Maybe someone also needs it. I think it will be missing alot depending on you region etc. but gives some options to consider.

Disclaimer: Warranty information is from store site and wasnt verified from manufacturer besides of Silverstone PSU. Also This reflects only EU warranty. 3+7 warranty means you need to register AND after 3 years return PSU to manufacturer directly with your own cost.

lenghtwarrantyyearnotes
Antec 850W High Current Gamer HCG850 Gold
140​
10​
2018​
Seasonic Focus Gold Plus
Corsair 850W RM850x
160​
10​
2018​
EVGA 850W SuperNOVA 850 G3
150​
3+7
2017​
Super flower Leadex II
Fractal Design 860W Ion+ Platinum
150​
10​
2019​
Seasonic 850W FOCUS PX-850 platinum
140​
3+7
2018​
Seasonic 850W FOCUS GX-850 Gold
140​
3+7
2017​
SilverStone 850W Strider Platinum ST85F-PT
140​
5​
2016​
SilverStone 1000W Strider Platinum Series ST1000-PTS
140​
5​
2019​
1200W/243€
Super Flower 850W Leadex III Gold
160​
7​
2019​
SilverStone 700W SX700-PT
100​
5​
2019​
SFX

Thank you for this list, it will be very useful! I would just like to add that there is also a 1000W model for Seasonic Focus Gold:

And there is also 800W model of Silverstone's SFX-L unit.

Raivo

Cable Smoosher
Sep 29, 2020
Thank you for this list, it will be very useful! I would just like to add that there is also a 1000W model for Seasonic Focus Gold:

And there is also 800W model of Silverstone's SFX-L unit.

Didnt find any Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 1000W from retailers in finland. Seems there are some in EU. Good catch. thx.
As for Silverstone SX800-LTI i dropped it from the list as its warranty in EU is three years according silverstone site.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Didnt find any Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 1000W from retailers in finland. Seems there are some in EU. Good catch. thx.
As for Silverstone SX800-LTI i dropped it from the list as its warranty in EU is three years according silverstone site.

Np, I know because I actually own that Seasonic 1000W, and I will put in N-ATX prototype for my show-off build :)

Aha ok I get it, 3 years could be a on the low end for the PSU.

Reactions: dealda and Raivo