Production SFFtime presents: MNLT - elegant vertical air tunnel case with excellent air cooling support and no riser

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
ok this was painful, blades really wore me out and they are still not really correct:

Very nice...now make a reverse flow version. 😉

Reactions: riba2233

jauris

Chassis Packer
Feb 8, 2021
No complaints about the manual from me, it’s well laid out and more thorough than many I’ve seen.

I did notice that it shows two case fans are included, will there be an option to buy the case without them?

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
No complaints about the manual from me, it’s well laid out and more thorough than many I’ve seen.

I did notice that it shows two case fans are included, will there be an option to buy the case without them?

Thanks!

I only planned to sell one version, including fans

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Only criticism I have is that 13 screws to access the case is really excessive.

I agree, however that is the price to pay for having extremely clean front, left, right and top side. Internal chassis and top fan bracket are only held to the shell on the back side, and that is the only viable location for the screws to go, and you need more since only one side is attached.
I will think about the options for reducing the number, but for now this is the best I could do.
But once you take those screws out and slide out the chassis, it is very open and easy to work with, almost like an open bench.

r3dacted

Efficiency Noob
Mar 28, 2022
Any updates on ETA? Debating waiting for this or running a sliger s620 or similar with a vertical stand, though I'm not really in a rush

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Any updates on ETA? Debating waiting for this or running a sliger s620 or similar with a vertical stand, though I'm not really in a rush
Hi, definitely launching this week, I will push a newsletter and updated web page soon. I have been quiet because I am very busy with everything, basically working on 4 fronts but don't worry, it is coming :)

• Love
Reactions: jauris and idgas

jauris

Chassis Packer
Feb 8, 2021
Thank you so much guys, will ship tomorrow :)
Thanks! I wanted to double check, I know it fits 200mm fans, but is there a specific thickness they need to be under? I'm looking at this 180mm fan from silverstone (), which says it is 32mm thick. Is that still within acceptable limits?

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Yeah pretty sure 32mm will fit since it accepts 30mm but waiting for confirmation. I was also considering 180mm instead of 200mm up top.

It's unfortunate that not a single 3090 Ti model I can find will fit in here due to most being well beyond 62mm in thickness. I think many ITX cases will end up growing or rethinking design in the coming years since cards are getting bigger and growing in TDP.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks! I wanted to double check, I know it fits 200mm fans, but is there a specific thickness they need to be under? I'm looking at this 180mm fan from silverstone (), which says it is 32mm thick. Is that still within acceptable limits?

I think 32 should be in tolerance

Yeah pretty sure 32mm will fit since it accepts 30mm but waiting for confirmation. I was also considering 180mm instead of 200mm up top.

It's unfortunate that not a single 3090 Ti model I can find will fit in here due to most being well beyond 62mm in thickness. I think many ITX cases will end up growing or rethinking design in the coming years since cards are getting bigger and growing in TDP.

There is one, holy grail of """"small"""" 3090ti's, gainward model, short enough for 20mm fan and exactly 3slots:

Reactions: Gmoney and jauris