Production SFFtime presents: MNLT - elegant vertical air tunnel case with excellent air cooling support and no riser

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi, it would be great if you could make the feet part detachable? I believe it will make it easier to carry in a bag or case.

Sorry but not really, appeal of this case is uniform body without any cuts or lines and it is not really made as an travel case. With dethacable base it would be around 3L smaller for transport or horizontal orientation, not really worth it imho.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I'm kind of glad the outer shell is just a uniform body mainly because it makes applying vinyl wrap/skins/designs easy in order to decorate or color it as I want since you're only offering it in black and I prefer white.

Have any changes been made to the GPU intake vents to match the updated top performance panel? Also any information on cable clearance for I/O at the bottom? Specifically GPU since there are no 90 degree HDMI 2.1.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm kind of glad the outer shell is just a uniform body mainly because it makes applying vinyl wrap/skins/designs easy in order to decorate or color it as I want since you're only offering it in black and I prefer white.

Have any changes been made to the GPU intake vents to match the updated top performance panel? Also any information on cable clearance for I/O at the bottom? Specifically GPU since there are no 90 degree HDMI 2.1.
Yes I did have wraps in mind, that will be a cool feature!

Io clearance is 60mm, enough for all connectors. Gpu intake vents are fine, they were not a bottleneck, only exhaust was. I don't want to make panel too bendy.

Reactions: Gmoney

sliangs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 9, 2021
I really love this design. It strongly resembles what I think of as the "optimal airflow" case in my mind. That is...
  • Both the CPU and GPU can get direct airflow from outside of the case
  • GPU's exhaust doesn't feed directly into CPU's input, whether the GPU uses a flow-through design or not. And vice-versa
  • GPU port facing down, which works better for mordern, large, GPUs
  • vertical layout, hot air rises and exhausts from the top
When I look at the renders, I do wonder if the case can be further improved.
  • PSU gets its air from inside the case, wouldn't it be better to have a cutout on the case so that the PSU can get air from the outside?
  • Can we have slits on the sides of the case where GPUs can push airs out? Modern GPUs all have a similar design where the hot air is pushed sideways. I wonder if this air can just exhaust fro the sides of the case directly. Can even go so far as to provide a separate chamber for the GPU but that's a long ask. It's like some people get custom panels for the NZXT H1 to exhaust GPU's hot air.
I'd love to buy a prototype or something if you can offer it. But can't pay Paypal cuz they banned me from selling a GPU :(

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I think the 200mm fan is enough to evacuate heat from even 300w+ TDP GPU's and overcome any horizonal airflow that occurs from the GPU pushing heat out of it's fins toward the sides. My biggest concern is also the heat being ingested by the PSU from a loaded CPU and GPU as it makes it's way up toward the 200mm fan. Ambient temp plays a huge role in PSU fan noise (basically hot box conditions in PSU testing) so I'm going to have to see if it's even viable.

PSU fan is literally the only noise component users have no control of so it's IMO crucial to keep it cool. I've gone through so many SFX PSU's with the SF750 being the only one I can tolerate noise wise.

I think the main reason for not flipping the PSU to give it a dedicated intake is it will ruin the aesthetic.

AlexKravKing

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2021
I think the 200mm fan is enough to evacuate heat from even 300w+ TDP GPU's and overcome any horizonal airflow that occurs from the GPU pushing heat out of it's fins toward the sides. My biggest concern is also the heat being ingested by the PSU from a loaded CPU and GPU as it makes it's way up toward the 200mm fan. Ambient temp plays a huge role in PSU fan noise (basically hot box conditions in PSU testing) so I'm going to have to see if it's even viable.

PSU fan is literally the only noise component users have no control of so it's IMO crucial to keep it cool. I've gone through so many SFX PSU's with the SF750 being the only one I can tolerate noise wise.

I think the main reason for not flipping the PSU to give it a dedicated intake is it will ruin the aesthetic.
I also wonder about PSU temps. Would prioritize low temps and therefore low noise over minor esthetics downside.

jauris

Chassis Packer
Feb 8, 2021
I don't think I've heard my PSU (SF750) fan turn on, ever. It's going to be right next to an exhaust, I'm not concerned tbh

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Yeah don't worry for PSU temps, all psu's are build to draw warm air and in MNLT they have forced exhaust.

I wanted to have solid shell, hence no cutouts for gpu exhaust or psu intake.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Working on a model of something that will be used for MNLT (need it for the manual):

rileycoyote

Chassis Packer
Feb 1, 2022
How many in the production run and what is the price point. Nice work! Also how does one subscribe to the newsletter. Cant find on your site.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
How many in the production run and what is the price point. Nice work! Also how does one subscribe to the newsletter. Cant find on your site.

First run is very small, just to check the market etc. Thanks! You can find a subscribe button here on this site: https://www.sfftime.com/p-atx

Link is between the pictures.

Reactions: jauris and rfarmer