SFF Forum Giveaway: Win an ASRock Fatal1ty X370-Gaming ITX/AC, or a surprise swag package!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the wait on this, everyone, but I think you'll agree that it has been worth it! As was previously announced a few weeks ago, I'm excited to launch our first-ever giveaway of a motherboard, and a really solid one at that: the ASRock Fatal1ty X370-Gaming ITX/AC.

John's excellent review of this board (alongside its sibling AB350 variant) is available here. As of this posting, this board is available on Amazon for a tad below $160. Overall, the board is an excellent entry into the AM4 ITX space, and makes for a solid platform with which to construct a Ryzen rig. We can't wait to send it along to a good home.

But wait, there's more! We're breaking open the SFF Network Swag Vault (read: @PlayfulPhoenix's closet) and drawing from some of the piles of gear that we received from companies during Computex 2017. We have three swag packages ready to ship that contain a selection gear from the likes of Biostar, Corsair, FSP, Noctua, SilverStone, and Zotac. A motherboard they may not be, but some of this stuff is pretty neat - my particular favorite has to be the miniature Noctua fan keychains, though!

So how do you enter the giveaway? Simple: just post on this thread, sharing your current build or one you're planning to create! Using Random.org, we will select our winners at 8PM EST on October 20th.

This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited. No purchase necessary, and the usual T+C's apply.

AnamCara

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2017
I assume all I have to do is reply to this post to enter contest. Please confirm
My New ITX Build:

All I have thus far:

Processor AMD RyZen 7 1700x
Case Silverstone Milo ML08

Currently looking for parts and suggestions
First itx build.

Thanks
Ger

Apologies for the wait on this, everyone, but I think you'll agree that it has been worth it! As was previously announced a few weeks ago, I'm excited to launch our first-ever giveaway of a motherboard, and a really solid one at that: the ASRock Fatal1ty X370-Gaming ITX/AC.

John's excellent review of this board (alongside its sibling AB350 variant) is available here. As of this posting, this board is available on Amazon for a tad below $160. Overall, the board is an excellent entry into the AM4 ITX space, and makes for a solid platform with which to construct a Ryzen rig. We can't wait to send it along to a good home.

But wait, there's more! We're breaking open the SFF Network Swag Vault (read: @PlayfulPhoenix's closet) and drawing from some of the piles of gear that we received from companies during Computex 2017. We have three swag packages ready to ship that contain a selection gear from the likes of Biostar, Corsair, FSP, Noctua, SilverStone, and Zotac. A motherboard they may not be, but some of this stuff is pretty neat - my particular favorite has to be the miniature Noctua fan keychains, though!

So how do you enter the giveaway? Simple: just post on this thread, sharing your current build or one you're planning to create! Using Random.org, we will select our winners at 8PM EST on October 20th.

This giveaway is open worldwide, except where prohibited. No purchase necessary, and the usual T+C's apply.

But wait, there's more! We're breaking open the SFF Network Swag Vault (read: @PlayfulPhoenix's closet) and drawing from some of the piles of gear that we received from companies during Computex 2017. We have three swag packages ready to ship that contain a selection gear from the likes of Biostar, Corsair, FSP, Noctua, SilverStone, and

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Planning to build a s3 mini inspired case with plexi glass and wood. I have some smoke plexiglass, walnut, zebrawood and mahogany set aside. Can't decide which wood to use so I might just make one of each and decide which I like best lol. I might make one of them even smaller with just a low profile GPU slot for a future build (ryzen if I win the mobo!). @Josh | NFC was very kind and even helped me out with some measurements (several months ago actually, I need to get in the shop!).

I have most of the parts already:
-i7 7700 (non-K)
-MSI Z270i Carbon
-2x8GB 3200mhz Corsair LPX
-500gb 850 EVO SSD
-256gb Toshiba XG3 NVME M.2
-EVGA 6gb 1060 SC

Still need:
-PCI Extender (I believe I need 20mm A-type)
-White/Blue 16mm led vandal switch + wiring
-Black Screws
-To decide between AR05/L9I/CNPS2x
-To figure out what finish I'll use on the wood

I have a new hdplex 400w + dell 330w brick, but am thinking of selling them and switching to a g-unique.

If someone wants to derail my project and sell me an s3 mini it would be most welcome :).

Reactions: Josh | NFC

no_one

Jan 25, 2016
Currently have a Silverstone RVZ02 stuffed with a:
- Cryorig C7 (used to be an AR06)
- ASUS Maximus VIII Impact (Yes, I'm sorry and I do regret it.)
- MSI 980 Ti
- 2x SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
- 16 GB (2 x 8) HyperX DDR4-2133 kit
- SX500-LG

But 12L? Ha! We can go smaller! Next build is going to be in Fire's lovely MI-6:
- Coffee Lake & Ryzen are both in contention. Decision making is hard :p
- NH-L9x65
- Still undecided on a GPU, but Gigabyte's new short 1080 is pretty tempting...
- RAM & SSDs from the old build
- Might switch out the PSU for another SFX-L offering. Most of the early SFX-L units had problems with the fan not being seated properly, and mine wasn't an exception.

There also might be a rather silly custom STX case in the works depending on whether or not I can get access to a CNC machine.

Wolf_LikeMe

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2017
WIP/Planned Build

CPU: R7 1700
RAM: Whatever works out to be most cost effective at the time
Cooler: Stock, for a while anyway
Mobo: ASRock x370 itx
GPU: *sigh* rx580 (my monitor supports freesync)
PSU: Corsair sf series
SSD: Again, whatever will be cost effective. probably a 500GB
Possibly a HDD somewhere
ncase m1 to hide it all in

Awesome giveaway!

AnamCara

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2017
Why did you swap out the AR06? I was thinking of getting one for my ml08 build?

Currently have a Silverstone RVZ02 stuffed with a:
- Cryorig C7 (used to be an AR06)
- ASUS Maximus VIII Impact (Yes, I'm sorry and I do regret it.)
- MSI 980 Ti
- 2x SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
- 16 GB (2 x 8) HyperX DDR4-2133 kit
- SX500-LG

But 12L? Ha! We can go smaller! Next build is going to be in Fire's lovely MI-6:
- Coffee Lake & Ryzen are both in contention. Decision making is hard :p
- NH-L9x65
- Still undecided on a GPU, but Gigabyte's new short 1080 is pretty tempting...
- RAM & SSDs from the old build
- Might switch out the PSU for another SFX-L offering. Most of the early SFX-L units had problems with the fan not being seated properly, and mine wasn't an exception.

There also might be a rather silly custom STX case in the works depending on whether or not I can get access to a CNC machine.

Signa

Efficiency Noob
Oct 8, 2017
CPU: R7 1700
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600-C16
GPU: Aorus GTX 1080Ti WB Xtreme
Custom loop (D5, 360 + 280 rads) :oops:
I think I've been caught already.... Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI Hero (yes, it's an ATX-build :\)
PSU: EVGA G2 750
SSD: 960 Evo 1Tb + 850 Evo 500Gb
Case: enormous TT View 31 sized ~60 liters. To be changed along with mobo and PSU!

In July I developed myself a sudden craving to build a custom loop and since I was too lazy to build it in Define C, I bought this Thermaltake case which was able to support two 360 radiators. When I finally finished the build and was happy with the result, I started thinking: what next?

... that's when I found and joined SFFF ofcourse :D and that means I'm currently planning on making an ITX-build and I also want it to be as small as possible while maintaining a custom loop inside, just in smaller form factor. I'm considering using my current radiators externally and maybe including a smaller one inside the case. Trying to cut the volume of the case by ~80% :p

This motherboard would be the "final nail in the coffin" and then I would go full steam for ITX-build and I would finally sell my ATX mobo and PSU :thumb:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I'm in please.

Just moved my max VI Impact/i5 4670K/GTX970 gaming rig from my Parvum ITX to a more portable SG13.

Also working (at a glacial pace...) on a mATX case mod that will reduce its size and weight. I have an ECS H81 "Mini DTX" size board with 2 slots 1x above 16x an i3 4130 and recycling my old GTX660.

AnamCara

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2017
Understood.... That's a great reason. I was going to get the ARO6 because of the heat pipes. Thanks to you....I will take a closer look and make sure that I do not have the same problem.....Again thanks Ger
I'd recommend it! It's a great cooler. The only reason I switched it out was because my motherboard had compatibility issues with it. As a result I had to mount it "incorrectly", and the heat-pipes were making slight contact with the innermost DIMM.

Jester

Case Bender
Aug 14, 2017
Currently planning my third build, but first ITX build! I'm really excited to get onto this platform finally, and am looking forward to sharing my build in the future!
I'm planning a custom built case to fit this all in, which I'll be designing in the coming months.
PCPartpicker.
I'd love the chance to upgrade the motherboard to an X370! But my budget doesn't allow it currently. Got my cooler afew weeks ago, next step is to buy my 1600X. Then looking at the Gigabyte 1060 6gb itx card after that...can't wait to see it all come together!

almanet666

What's an ITX?
Oct 17, 2017
I'm in!!

PCPartPicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ontajenius/saved/3K4pbv

CPU
Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler
Deepcool - GABRIEL 61.9 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard
ASRock - H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory

Storage
Seagate - Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba - 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card
MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Aero ITX Video Card

Case
Jonsbo V3+ AKA. Cooltek - Coolcube HTPC Case

Power Supply
SeaSonic - S12G 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

My Ghetto HDD setup

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Current rig:
- Intel G4560
- MSI H270i Gaming Pro AC
- Noctua L9i
- Team Dark DDR4 4GB x2
- Zotac GTX 950
- Corsair SF450
- CustomMod SFX
- HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" (yes, I know)
- SSD Adata 250 GB

Planning to switch to Ryzen for those sweet, sweet cores <3

nxrUK

Trash Compacter
Mar 29, 2017
Current (Not built)

CPU: R5 1600
MB: AB350 ITX
RAM: None Yet
SSD: 960 EVO 250GB
Case: CustomMod 5.92L
PSU: 450W SFX Corsair
GPU: None :(

Awesome giveaway guys!

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Well, why not...

Build on plan:
( ○Not yet bought ●Bought )

○Case: NFC S4 mini (as soon as @Josh | NFC opens up preorders
○CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
●GPU: Sapphire RX550
●RAM: Team Vulcan 2x8GB 3000Mhz
●HSF: NH-L9a + AM4 bracket
○MB: was aiming for Asrock AB350, then ASUS B350i (whenever it came out - can't be later than the S4 amirite??) If I got this then ofcz I use this
○Storage: Was going to get Patriot Hellfire 120GB for boot drive, but not with these inflated prices... I've got 2.5" SATA SSD for the moment, that'll do until maybe next year when the price goes down
●PSU: HDPLEX 160DC-ATX + HDPLEX 160 AC-DC

Yeah I'm pretty budget constrained.. waiting for a good bargain on that ryzen.
Good things come to those who wait patiently they said... we'll see... we'll see..

Signols

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2017
My first build (just finished and didn't catch on fire, so that's a good sign)

Tempted to call it "Frankenstein". Might need to get some green paint of I do.

Case: Catz C1
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700
GPU: Zotac 1080ti mini
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200Mhz (Black)
Motherboard: ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB (boot drive) & Samsung 850 Evo 2TB
PSU: G-Unique Arch Deamon Unlimited Power Supply (450W)
CPU fan: NF l9i w/ am4 bracket (hitting 50C in bios.... might have too much thermal paste)

Don't exactly have a use for any of the prizes just thought if people are posting their builds I'll join in on the fun. This thread has become an amalgamation of years (or days) of love for their builds and gives you a feel for how many have actually put in the time to push the minimums (it's not limits if we're going smaller) of what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.