So.... Who did win last giveaway?

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
I'm just super curious: Who did win the AB350 mobo and the swag-package?

Haven't heard anything about that yet. :p

@confusis @PlayfulPhoenix

Reactions: Biowarejak

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
We recently shipped the graphics card (EDIT: actually, it was the motherboard, but I'm leaving this fail here for posterity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) to @stree, congrats to them :)

I can't speak to the swag winners quite yet, because I actually haven't sent the swag out yet! I've been awaiting for the winners to confirm addresses and (to be honest) forgot to follow up with them. So I'll have to do that now, and cycle through to new winners if I don't hear back.

(I'll update this thread once those winners have swag packages headed their way)

Last edited:

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
Yup......... was waiting until officially announced............Delighted to have got the MB, never expected to win!
No fantastic plans for it as such, just swap it for my AB350 and go ahead with what I was going to do, IE: get most powerful APU when Raven Ridge comes along...............I know some will say it is a waste of a well specced board, but hey, hardly a cost obstacle for me in the circumstances is it?.........I just get better audio and wifi speed than the AB350.
I must admit to being very tempted to go for the R5-1600 along with a half decent GPU...........but couple of points to consider there:
I do not, nor intend to, play games, do any rendering, or use anything so demanding that the APU could not cope with it.
Also, I have recently got a G-Unique Archdaemon limited edition 300 watt and want to continue using it......So that would be a limiting factor and what ever system I would want to put together.........

What I WILL be doing with my fingers crossed, is preloading all MB drivers, Samsung NVME drivers, latest AMD chipset drivers etc, to a USB and just moving the M.2 I am using on the AB350 on to the 370 and seeing if I get a boot up.................Not quite sure if I should preconfigure the 370 bios first though.. Bit of a blind spot for me.........If I do get a boot, the the drivers on the USB will be loaded..........If no, then deal with that if it comes to it.

Will be going into a Realan W80 case that is being prepared for the build ( I did post some detail of that somewhere here about a week ago, inc the 3D printed bits it will need..........Oh and I will be using a CryorigC7 with a Noctua Redux 1600PWN instead of the Wraith which will be too tall for that case...............
So no 4GB 1080TI, no DDR4 @ 4000, ( APU is 2400 max anyway) and no overclocking until it steams, no liquid nitro cooling, or 4 x M.2 NVME in a raid cluster....................................just a modest system that does just what I need without stressing anything.... including me.
Might be an AB350 lightly used going cheap soon though..................

Last edited: