Prototype [Scratch Build]Project REAL CUBE (Back online, V3.0 soon)

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
Minor changes to the fan grill and to the screw holes...

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Maybe. Perhaps a transparent brown-coloured acrylic so it doesn't stand out too much ? about 10 years ago I did an all-acrylic case with a local acrylic company and they even let me make my own color, so it should be possible.

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
I also think I should just keep it all wood and I only wanted to see how you guys react to this :D

There will be a little update in a few hours with my new "professional" front panel ODD mount ;)

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
Update time...new pics for you

Yesterday I built a wooden mounting bracket for the slot-in ODD that is mounted to the front panel:

(And you don't have to tell me that it's the best manufactured assembly of wood ever made :D)

Reactions: jeshikat and Phuncz

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Toolless installation, very nice :) But I think this ODD is going to be one of the loudest screamers out there, your wooden case is probably going to act as a resonating body, amplifying the vibrations to an unbearable level. I don't know how often it's going to be used, and maybe it's not going to be an issue at all.

Minefoxi

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 8, 2015
www.youtube.com
Yesterday I made this power button mounting thing and cut some holes into the back panel, also my USB 3.0 ports arrived:

Today I put everything together and took some pictures for you. Enjoy:

Front view:

Back view:

Top view (PSU down there):

Inside view with SSD on one side:

and on the other side:

A happy new year guys!