Concept Salvo Studios S402: ~9L Steel Console Style Case

manicMetro

Cable Smoosher
Jul 19, 2020
fair review i think. too bad he didn't do a build in the case but looking forward to the case overviews!
His talk of hot rodding the cpu cooler is interesting :) I wonder what CPU heat sink has the exact height of 59mm so with hole in the side will just have the fan poking out, so I only need to remove the fan for transporting the case.

Reactions: grsychckn

MbsCWGa3tnfZTfJJ

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2020
UPS is usually very good at estimating the arrival date at your door. If that is not the case, I'd like to know should anyone else ask.
The package came a few hours earlier actually🙂 Im done building now and it was very easy. The only thing I noticed was the main side panel had a tiny bulge. I turned it around and that fixed it. I took some pictures, but cant find out how I can upload here on mobile. Can only insert a link🤔

grsychckn

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Gold Supporter
Oct 11, 2017
The package came a few hours earlier actually🙂 Im done building now and it was very easy. The only thing I noticed was the main side panel had a tiny bulge. I turned it around and that fixed it. I took some pictures, but cant find out how I can upload here on mobile. Can only insert a link🤔
The "bulge" exists on every vented panel. I would describe it more as a slight convex or concave bend depending on which way it is oriented. It is my understanding that punching all those holes causes the steel to warp and so the fabricator introduces a bias to the sheet to ensure a consistent product. Some may be more pronounced than others, but I return them to be reworked if they don't fit right.

As far as uploading images, you should be able to do that. I've done it before by clicking on the "image" icon and then browsing my phone for the file I want to upload. If you aren't getting that as an option, maybe there is a security setting on your browser that is denying the file browser from opening.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Shrink Way Wielder
Silver Supporter
Jul 7, 2017
The "bulge" exists on every vented panel. I would describe it more as a slight convex or concave bend depending on which way it is oriented. It is my understanding that punching all those holes causes the steel to warp and so the fabricator introduces a bias to the sheet to ensure a consistent product. Some may be more pronounced than others, but I return them to be reworked if they don't fit right.

As far as uploading images, you should be able to do that. I've done it before by clicking on the "image" icon and then browsing my phone for the file I want to upload. If you aren't getting that as an option, maybe there is a security setting on your browser that is denying the file browser from opening.
You need to be a contributor to actually upload images, if not you can only link them.

Reactions: grsychckn

grsychckn

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Gold Supporter
Oct 11, 2017
I have two "refurbished" S402 chassis I'm willing to sell for $180 shipped to lower 48 states (+$25 elsewhere). I also have a few goodies to offer with new S402 unit purchases. Among them are:

1. A used set of custom "sliver" Corsair SFX PSU cables in excellent shape. Includes the ATX power, CPU power, 2 x 8-pin power, and 1 x 2 Molex cable.
2. A new IS-60 cooler. Opened once to take measurements.
3. A new Thermolabs LP53 cooler. Never opened.
4. 120AIO for someone willing to build using it and post some pictures.

Contact me via e-mail if anyone here is interested.