Raijintek Thetis: Another small ATX case

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
Wtf...
Dual 240mm radiator Customed loop not working with tr4?
Noctua u9s does not have tr4 compatibility?
Asetek aio are all compatible with tr4, even if they are just average with them

Not saying options don't exist. Saying options are more limited. You have a lot more options with the Thetis .Wraith ripper, be quiet, noctua

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
Recently acquired a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid and squeezed that into here.

It was a 11.25in long card, vs the 10.5 for my 980Ti, so the SSD cage had to go. SSDs are now 3M taped to each-other and then taped to the wall of my case where the cage was.

This 1080Ti came with an EK waterblock as well, so perhaps I'll do a full loop soon...

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Recently acquired a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid and squeezed that into here.

It was a 11.25in long card, vs the 10.5 for my 980Ti, so the SSD cage had to go. SSDs are now 3M taped to each-other and then taped to the wall of my case where the cage was.

This 1080Ti came with an EK waterblock as well, so perhaps I'll do a full loop soon...
Nice setup..:)

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
So I found out that the newer (2018) Corsair RM750x and 850x are only 160mm tall vs 180mm for the prior version. They are also super quiet.

This EVGA 750 G3 is actually audible at idle now with the addition of the pci-e SSD, 10gig card, and 1080Ti. I'm running around 225w idle vs my prior 100-125w and the fan curve on this PSU is a tad aggressive.

My old corsair 750s that I have were always silent, but they weren't modular and didn't fit in this case.

It'll be nice to go back to it. The extra 10mm in height plus the cables will offer some support for my GPU as well.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
So I found out that the newer (2018) Corsair RM750x and 850x are only 160mm tall vs 180mm for the prior version. They are also super quiet.

This EVGA 750 G3 is actually audible at idle now with the addition of the pci-e SSD, 10gig card, and 1080Ti. I'm running around 225w idle vs my prior 100-125w and the fan curve on this PSU is a tad aggressive.

My old corsair 750s that I have were always silent, but they weren't modular and didn't fit in this case.

It'll be nice to go back to it. The extra 10mm in height plus the cables will offer some support for my GPU as well.
Wouah...225w idle?
What is using so much power while computer in idle mode? what is your power consumption in full load?
With ryzen 7 and GTX 1080ti, I"m using something like 90w idle (while OC), and around 450-500W on full load.

Such a massive idle power consumption is difficult to sustain in full passive with hybrid psu.

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
Got the 850 in today:

As for power usage, I have a 3.2TB PCI-e ssd that consumes up to 40W of power alone, depending on what it's doing...
My 1080Ti FTW3 hybrid consumes 19W at idle by itself, but also has the pump (12W) and dual fan draw.
CPU is a 5930k clocked to 4.5GHz that idles at 49W and has an NZXT pump on it with dual fans (another 12W)

That's 130W right there, plus 3 sata SSDs and the 10gige card.

It's actually about 150W, just re-confirmed by my UPS. I forgot I have my monitor also plugged into the UPS making up the other wattage.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Got the 850 in today:

As for power usage, I have a 3.2TB PCI-e ssd that consumes up to 40W of power alone, depending on what it's doing...
My 1080Ti FTW3 hybrid consumes 19W at idle by itself, but also has the pump (12W) and dual fan draw.
CPU is a 5930k clocked to 4.5GHz that idles at 49W and has an NZXT pump on it with dual fans (another 12W)

That's 130W right there, plus 3 sata SSDs and the 10gige card.

It's actually about 150W, just re-confirmed by my UPS. I forgot I have my monitor also plugged into the UPS making up the other wattage.
Ouch, still impressed by your idle power..:)

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
This thing is so amazingly silent right now that I can actually finally hear little things like the gentle whurr of the GPU water pump and sometimes maybe some coil whine from some unknown component...

Timbermaniac

What's an ITX?
Sep 7, 2018
Hi, I'm new to the forum. This case is amazing, Atx case that almost the same size as h200.

Just want to share that you can fit 3.5" HDD at the botttom together with 120mm fan. It's barely no gap between the VRM's heatsink, HDD and the case. But i think it's depend on your board's vrm heatsink, if too tall it won't fit the HDD

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
So I did want to note I had a small issue with swapping to the corsair PSU.

On my old EVGA PSU, the power wires come out the back of the connectors:

On the Corsair, they come out the sides:

So since these come apart so easily, I decided to move them and take some length out of the cable as well:

One of my screwdrivers had a square bit, which worked pretty well as a punch-down tool.

Perfect:

-- Dave

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Cool case, just discovered it. I'm looking for the most compact ATX case to put my old build in, and the Cerberus X is out of budget. Looking at the external dimensions, this case is only about 4L larger, right?

What I don't get is why it's upside down. It can easily be right-side-up. It's difficult to have positive pressure this way unless you intake from the top, which I never want to do. The glass on the backside also doesn't make sense to me.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Cool case, just discovered it. I'm looking for the most compact ATX case to put my old build in, and the Cerberus X is out of budget. Looking at the external dimensions, this case is only about 4L larger, right?

What I don't get is why it's upside down. It can easily be right-side-up. It's difficult to have positive pressure this way unless you intake from the top, which I never want to do. The glass on the backside also doesn't make sense to me.
Definitely thetis is a viable option for compact ATX case.
Versus Cerberus-X volume is bigger by around 4-5 liters, around +27%. Instead of comparing Thetis to Cerberus-X, you can compare to other "smaller" atx case like Fractal Design Define C (around 36-37l). Thetis is smaller by 25% vs Define C..;)

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Definitely thetis is a viable option for compact ATX case.
Versus Cerberus-X volume is bigger by around 4-5 liters, around +27%. Instead of comparing Thetis to Cerberus-X, you can compare to other "smaller" atx case like Fractal Design Define C (around 36-37l). Thetis is smaller by 25% vs Define C..;)

Do you know if the dimensions listed on Raijintek's site are the internal or external dimensions? The Cerberus X's external volume is 23.4L. So if Raijintek gives the external dimensions, then this case is 4.2L larger.

What are your thoughts on the Jonsbo U4? Seems to be the only other "SFF" ATX case with a window. 2L more than the Thetis, but it's right-side-up and has better PSU placement. Also no vents on top, and looks better IMO. Poor airflow though.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Do you know if the dimensions listed on Raijintek's site are the internal or external dimensions? The Cerberus X's external volume is 23.4L. So if Raijintek gives the external dimensions, then this case is 4.2L larger.

What are your thoughts on the Jonsbo U4? Seems to be the only other "SFF" ATX case with a window. 2L more than the Thetis, but it's right-side-up and has better PSU placement. Also no vents on top, and looks better IMO. Poor airflow though.
Difficult to say about dimensions.
After all, the most important is not volume but dimensions that match/suits the most location you will put your case.

Between jonsbo u4 and thetis i prefer thetis as jonsbo is too tall for me.

Thus it’s definitely up to your needs and taste

Last edited:
Reactions: QuantumBraced

LOMedgardo

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 25, 2018
Just shared my build. 2 single rads. will change for double to be placed on top. Tubing is 19/13 so bit hard to work with in limited space.

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
Code:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yq7HMoui6hk_0ysRoo_0wDH-zOwRFk3Zp2w7THT-Ty0u2CgUUUPis_2J6Q_O4r0qwCYnPatM4HnuoGCkxeBTKczJ0dUO8LEMbPihkpNksU-TD1DmLAFee5ncj2lKpj_DM8_41tfer78UyTwmMsXO0eWA1aI-zyhM3cgruhixpcqWwMIK-rp2kQn_MfnEhE3JLWyTWF8j0sABJ2sFNzEoXc1IQrjjGkCY0s4iKWguinCATmSaFm1q1v08nAFAK_1xRU0Qm7bUjgWSuEEnLs_c__mVmoAXqyBQSFgF4sYlSLukm4uTvIpxDPq-3oERH9ETI8eXNJqofugxiwUPJwM3OA0kno9cLBFoYSquWm9pJVK8magCeb47Kdhr_ol2_wkmlE5RBVeNNnY7ICMDgDV4XlQI5-HrIQ6ZkX7YgXOALOS0rdTkPpojXp7IRsOcLjQ2Sc29JSSNO5ETeIYbqh0NoA0UJndOju9As4GygMAdDBsERfmljiWUJegjmYKch6hBPlHxpPWyit_F1BM_f9MF_ckN5PKsFvYBUWgnkdYyRfpn9Dvhu9ptK3Vl987T1N1u7ASYHBgXBeh51NuufJYuPPoxXRWOJgGNg7W1O5BmwDJ6fbpC_yPse99alRaQExs=w384-h512-no
Just shared my build.
No, what you shared is a giant mangled URL mess of google user content. That's a link that is both temporary and only for you.

Please upload your photos to a hosting site like imgur and update your posts.

Thanks,

-- Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: LOMedgardo