Raijintek Thetis: Another small ATX case

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
Well, the Thetis isn't much better in that respect. And like I did for my Thetis, I'd fully cut out what I need for full airflow.

I see no harm in cutting up a $50 case.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Well, the Thetis isn't much better in that respect. And like I did for my Thetis, I'd fully cut out what I need for full airflow.

I see no harm in cutting up a $50 case.
I guess not. I just struggle to see how the Q500 could be cut without becoming rather hideous. That's the problem with cases not having a neutral enough design to be a "blank canvas" of sorts.

jaro

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2018

Sharing build I made for my wife (inspired by this thread).

Specs:
Pentium G4560
Asrock H110 Btc Pro mobo
Palit Gtx 1060 SJS
Corsair HX 1200
320Gb Seagate HDD
120Gb Kingston SSD
250 WD Green SSD (M.2)

As you can you can see parts are 2nd hand and comes from gpu mining.
The psu fan will never spin (with the power draw is approx 200W) hence the intel cpu fan as exhaust.
On Idle, gpu temp stays on 46 C (33~35 C ambient) did not measure the cpu side.

Reactions: anew742

NetherworId

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 22, 2019
Hey guys,

Long term stalker here who finally wants to downsize his system. With the Thetis being the smallest ATX-sized Case being available in my region i am trying to figure out whether or not i can fit my current build in there.

Currently i'm running
8700K on an Asrock z370 Extreme4 ATX cooled by a Macho RT
16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 2x8
Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+
Corsair RMx 750W
Several SSD's etc

My main concern is the length of my GPU. It is 310mm long as opposed to the max advertised length of 280mm in the Thetis. However when looking at build with the Case, provided i remove this HDD Cage above the PSU, shouldn't be there enough space lengthwise to fit a long card like the nitro+ i own in there?

Best regards!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
My main concern is the length of my GPU. It is 310mm long as opposed to the max advertised length of 280mm in the Thetis. However when looking at build with the Case, provided i remove this HDD Cage above the PSU, shouldn't be there enough space lengthwise to fit a long card like the nitro+ i own in there?

I think a 310mm card will fit. The pic below shows a 299mm long card fitting in nicely. If the drive cage in the front is removed, extra room should allow your card to fit in.

However, take note that your PSU is fairly tall, at 180mm. And with the additional height of the power connectors+cables, your display card will have physical conflict.
The solution is to move the display card from the first PCIe x16 slot to the lower one. But, the top one provides x16 speed while the lower one 'only' has x8 speed. I do not think you will feel a difference unless you are a benchmarker. This move is probably more a psychological barrier than anything else. Of course, you can try to compare the difference right now in your existing case.

NetherworId

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 22, 2019
I think a 310mm card will fit. The pic below shows a 299mm long card fitting in nicely. If the drive cage in the front is removed, extra room should allow your card to fit in.

However, take note that your PSU is fairly tall, at 180mm. And with the additional height of the power connectors+cables, your display card will have physical conflict.
The solution is to move the display card from the first PCIe x16 slot to the lower one. But, the top one provides x16 speed while the lower one 'only' has x8 speed. I do not think you will feel a difference unless you are a benchmarker. This move is probably more a psychological barrier than anything else. Of course, you can try to compare the difference right now in your existing case.

whoops sorry delete

Last edited:

RezRez

Cable Smoosher
May 25, 2019
I am kinda in the same boat. I have a 190mm long Cooler Master V1200 PSU and two 280mm Gigabyte 1080ti GPUs.
I saw @jaro build using the HX1200 psu which 200mm and it seems to limited the GPU length to some extent. So I am not sure how the 280mm GPU limitation is measured. I guess @NetherworId is also curious.

Anyway, move the GPU up a slot or two is not an option for as far as the SLI goes. So hopefully anyone with a case could measure or clarify the 280mm GPU limitation.

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
I currently have a 288mm GPU with EVGA power adapter attached to the back, which makes it about 308mm long.

It all depends on your PSU height. My corsair RM850x is only 162mm tall, plus cables and the GPU sits just fine on the cabling.

-- Dave

Reactions: The-Alchemist-404

RezRez

Cable Smoosher
May 25, 2019
I currently have a 288mm GPU with EVGA power adapter attached to the back, which makes it about 308mm long.

It all depends on your PSU height. My corsair RM850x is only 162mm tall, plus cables and the GPU sits just fine on the cabling.

-- Dave

Thanks for sharing, Dave. It seems that the 280mm mark is beyond the motherboard area and hence will interfere with the PSU for sure.
Anyway, I was emailing Raijintek for some clarification so I guess sharing this pictures from them might help.

Last edited:
Reactions: anew742

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
Yeah, so if you have a 170mm or longer PSU, your GPU and PSU will have interference.

That said, there are a ton of 150mm and 160mm long PSUs that can be used, which will allow GPUs to use the full length of the case.

RezRez

Cable Smoosher
May 25, 2019
I guess I will take another look at Jonsbo RM2 instead then. I'm sure that case fit ATX, long psu, SLI setup, but the only concern is the airflow. The SLI setup will used up all the PCI slot and leave no room for any AIO rad I suppose. Hopefully, slim fans will fit there.

RezRez

Cable Smoosher
May 25, 2019
I ordered the Jonsbo RM2 case but soonly cancel it after realizing the limited airflow configuration.
Then I ended up order a case called ALZ X5 which seems to be an OEM version of the Raijintek Thetis available only around here.
It is $30 cheaper and pretty much the same in every aspect except the feets design, included non-rgb fan and no rubber grommet.
I will follow up with some pics after all the parts arrived.

Reactions: AcquaCow

eperdos

Cable Smoosher
Jun 23, 2019
I wonder if my current parts would work inside this case:

Ryzen 2700x + dark rock 4 pro
Gigabyte x470 aorus ultra gaming
2x8gb corsair veangeanglce lpx 3000
Corsair rm750x
Gainward gtx 1070 golden sample

Curently in fractal design define r5 and tems are around 69 degress celcius for cpu and around 65 degrees celsius for gpu in stress tests.

How will they fit inside thetis and what temps can I expect?

RezRez

Cable Smoosher
May 25, 2019
@eperdos Checking all the dimension of your components, I'm pretty sure yours will fit.
Mine is a 190mm long PSU and a 280mm long GPU and after measuring the component time and time again, it will be tightly fit.
You might have a hard time bending/routing some of the PSU cables, but dimension-wise it will fit.

As for temp, your dark rock will probably not leave any room for the additional bottom fan. The bundled rear fan should be ok, but I think you will need to install two 120mm fan on the top for intake. I am also trying to figure it out if those 140mm fan with 120mm mount will fit that bracket.

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
So EKWB is having a 40% off clearance on their MLC Phoenix stuff, so I just grabbed a few things...

Rads will hold a total of 370mL of coolant, plus the lines, cpu, and GPU block... I'll have quite a bit of thermal capacity on-hand.

Reactions: jaro and MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
So EKWB is having a 40% off clearance on their MLC Phoenix stuff, so I just grabbed a few things...

Rads will hold a total of 370mL of coolant, plus the lines, cpu, and GPU block... I'll have quite a bit of thermal capacity on-hand.
Eager to see final results..:)

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
sanity check on reading those dimensions: without the ssd/hd mount above the psu, the maximum gpu length (assuming no conflict with a long power supply) is rear-to-psu (251mm) plus psu width (86mm) for a total of ~337mm?

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
Took some work, but I managed to wedge the 240mm Phoenix radiator into the top of the case.

I had to make some stand-offs to move the radiator higher up to clear the motherboard:

PCI-e clearance is a bit tighter, but I still have 3 usable slots for GPU/SSD/10gige. I do gain a x4 by the GPU that is usually covered, but the GPU blocks the slot on the case.

I still need to add the rear 120mm radiator, it's interesting to see the high CPU temps, as the CPU is after the GPU in loop order. There's about a 6-8deg temp difference between the two.

Seeing about a 10-15C reduction in temps when playing rocket league at 140FPS with the pump/fans at 50% which is silent.
Card stays clocked at 2025MHz and doesn't down clock at all.

I'll probably add the 120mmm and swap my loop order tonight.

-- Dave

Reactions: anew742 and jaro