Raijintek Thetis: Another small ATX case

tpank

What's an ITX?
Jan 29, 2018
Just bought myself a silver thetis and now am deciding on cooling. In the future I'd love to do a full custom loop with at least a 240 rad up top and a 120 in the rear.

Current setup:
6700k, CM 212 plus
evga gtx 1080 sc (not reference style) (267mm length)
140mm length ATX psu

For now though I am trying to decide between:

1a.

top: two 120mm intake fans

bottom/rear: psu exhaust <--, --> air cooler (currently CM 212), --> 120mm exhaust

1b. psu exhaust <--, bottom 120 <--, <-- air cooler (currently CM 212), <-- 120mm intake

top: 240mm rad set as intake

bottom/rear: psu exhaust <--, (maybe bottom 120 <--), --> 120mm exhaust

3. same as 1a/b but with 120mm radiator (thick one like arctic liquid freezer 120 or corsair h80i v2) at the rear as intake or exhaust

1 + most cost effective (at minimum just a new fan for my CM212, but will probably replace with something better like thermalright macho rev b)
+gpu gets fresh air from outside
- worried about getting airflow to the cpu cooler. Thought about turning the psu around to face the front and adding bottom 120 as intake

2. +fresh air straight to a 240mm radiator *should* provide best cpu temps
+room for 120 gpu rad in the rear (looking to upgrade to volta when it comes out)
-potential issues routing tubing from cpu block to top 240.
-most expensive
-worried about gpu temps though after researching it seems having a 240 rad intake doesnt affect gpu temps much in a typical front to back tower case, however this is a different beast

3. middle of the road cost
+gpu gets fresh air from outside
-cpu rad recieves warmer air from inside including warm gpu air

My goal is not absolute maximum performance but I want to overclock both cpu and gpu without it getting too loud (esp when not gaming)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Graeme

What's an ITX?
Feb 8, 2018
Nice build Acquacow. I'm just building one myself, a bit lower spec though.

2 questions, where did you get the ssd cage.

And second, not really a question, you commented on the 'hidden' cabling being exposed by the glass (a bit daft to be honest, having glass both sides). I have the non glass option, if anyone with this case, in the UK, would like to swap a black ali panel for glass then drop me a line. (Can talk about value adjustment.)

eta: Found the cage, in no rush so going the Hong Kong route, £3.00, a bargain.

Last edited:

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
Was anybody able to establish if an EATX board fit with a SFX PSU?

Last edited:

Remiflop

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 21, 2018
Are you guys still enjoying the Thetis? I'm very tempted to buy it, but still a bit conflicted. I need to put the card in the 2nd pci-e port due to the 16,5 cm power supply. Wondering if the GPU will be too close to the top to justify intake fans.

Last edited:

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
Yup, still rocking my thetis. I've made some changes since my last set of photos, but nothing major.

Currently, the loudest component is my EVGA 750 G3 PSU when the system is under load. I need to swap that for a quieter PSU.

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
Still using it. X299 taichi and NH-D15. Took the back fan grill out similar to the other user. Put in the new Noctua 120mm fan there. This case is hard to beat for full ATX air cooling.

Definitely less limiting than Cerberus.

Reactions: anew742

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
I actually want to get a solid back panel for it and machine it to have vent holes, but that's a lot of work =P

That, or I'd like to put a 120 or 240mm grate on the front with some fans...

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
I feel like Raijintek should have moved the PSU position right against the front and gave option to use SFF PSU. Front panel swap would also be super easy seeing how the front panel is just a flat piece of metal.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Still using it. X299 taichi and NH-D15. Took the back fan grill out similar to the other user. Put in the new Noctua 120mm fan there. This case is hard to beat for full ATX air cooling.

Definitely less limiting than Cerberus.
That’s your point of view...and of course i disagree..:)

Remiflop

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 21, 2018

Figured I have to share mine now. I still have more work I have to replace the gpu cables with sheorter ones I already made. I also have to install the lcd panel I have for the front glass.

Specs
Intel i9 7900x
Evga gtx 1080 ti ftw3
Seasonic focus gold 850w
2 x 3tb seagate 7200
1tb Sandisk ultra SSD
4 x 8gb rgb g skill 3200
Asus prime delux motherboard
3 x corsair hd120 rans
Corsair commander pro and node

Like how I blacked out the back panel yeah it looks pretty good.

How did you paint it black? I was thinking about using tinted film to make both panels a bit darker. They don't look dark tinted like some of the other Raijintek cases (Asterion).

AcquaCow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jul 14, 2017
I feel like Raijintek should have moved the PSU position right against the front and gave option to use SFF PSU. Front panel swap would also be super easy seeing how the front panel is just a flat piece of metal.
Yeah, PSU against the front panel with intake on the front would have been great.

Homogeneous

What's an ITX?
Aug 24, 2018
I'm looking to purchase the thetis as i need a downsize from my Fractal design S.

My only concern is the airflow and noise - any comment?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I can either use the leaky Enermax or a 92mm noctua cooler. That's not very flexible is it?
Thus I guess you didn't check my build log, or cerberus topic.
  • Swiftech apogee drive II + MCR H220
  • Dual 240mm radiator custom loop
  • Noctua C14S
  • Noctua U9S/D9L
  • Cryorig H7 (with all variant)
  • Scythe Fuma
  • Standard asetek 240mm aio
etc...

Many, many choices available in 21l (ATX version)

Thetis is a good case, but try not to compare it versus Cerberus (or any case), with no strong back up...

bran

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2018
Thus I guess you didn't check my build log, or cerberus topic.
  • Swiftech apogee drive II + MCR H220
  • Dual 240mm radiator custom loop
  • Noctua C14S
  • Noctua U9S/D9L
  • Cryorig H7 (with all variant)
  • Scythe Fuma
  • Standard asetek 240mm aio
etc...

Many, many choices available in 21l (ATX version)

Thetis is a good case, but try not to compare it versus Cerberus (or any case), with no strong back up...

None of these work TR4-SP3.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
None of these work TR4-SP3.
Wtf...
Dual 240mm radiator Customed loop not working with tr4?
Noctua u9s does not have tr4 compatibility?
Asetek aio are all compatible with tr4, even if they are just average with them

Remiflop

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 21, 2018
Thetis and Cerberus are very different cases. Can we please stay on topic?

Anyone seen a drop in Thetis cases? Hard to find in stock in EU atm.

Reactions: MarcParis