iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Can confirm, if you want it in less than a month, you'll pay a good amount. China Post is often free but can take up to two months. On the other end DHL Express costs about 36$ but takes 3-5 days IIRC.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Can confirm, if you want it in less than a month, you'll pay a good amount. China Post is often free but can take up to two months. On the other end DHL Express costs about 36$ but takes 3-5 days IIRC.
I actually got a text from DHL before I got a notification from Elecrow :) I was confused, but it should be here tomorrow!

Reactions: AleksandarK

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yeah that happens. The sender might only send a notification once the package has actually left their warehouse, but DHL will notify you as soon as a shipping label has been bought from them with your email-address in the recipient field, at which point the label hasn't necessarily even been printed yet.

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Quick Little Update #3!
My order has arrived!
Anyway, managed to get one assembled and it works! Might have a few kinks to work out hardware-wise though :) Also managed to register a button press on one of the arrows on the display just now. Exciting! But I seriously need to find some food and grab some sleep. More photos soon!

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Quick Little Update #6!
Sorry that it's been a week, I've been busy! Moving out and stuff, getting ready for school. Quite stressful and my room is a complete mess at the moment. That said, I did get the touch screen to work with the UI buttons!

Currently they are only set to make text change color, but it should be a fairly easy step to adjust it to store user settings for everything else also! Going to have to work with the Progmem function though so we'll see. :)

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Quick Little Update #6!
Sorry that it's been a week, I've been busy! Moving out and stuff, getting ready for school. Quite stressful and my room is a complete mess at the moment. That said, I did get the touch screen to work with the UI buttons!

Currently they are only set to make text change color, but it should be a fairly easy step to adjust it to store user settings for everything else also! Going to have to work with the Progmem function though so we'll see. :)

Don't worry about delays. It happens, as I can well attest. I've been teasing people for years... haha.

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Had an issue with a global variable being redeclared inside a function.

*Facepalm*

Got that resolved! Still anticipating a bug with the dynamic text alignment but haven't gotten around to fixing it yet, basically I just need to have it clear characters that don't get over-ridden when the number of digits is reduced. I also need to implement proper scheduling due to poor response time on the display. That's likely caused by a delay used against a sensor reading. I'll get to that soonish.

Anyhoo, thinking about making a large PCB for the TEC modules and mounting a waterblock to both sides. Thoughts? Getting a block made custom would be a pain but it could potentially be done.

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
What do you mean by PCB for TEC. They are stanalone modules. Maybe PCB with soldering points for conecting the power for them.

As far as waterblock, try finding local CNC.

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
What do you mean by PCB for TEC. They are stanalone modules. Maybe PCB with soldering points for conecting the power for them.

As far as waterblock, try finding local CNC.
Right, it would a pbc that allows me to house their power delivery system while also allowing me to attach them directly to it.

-EDIT-

And it would also allow me to have mounting holes for the waterblock. :)

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I suppose its been awhile! Project is still in the works, just got sidetracked by school and stuffs.

I'm still working on implementing the scheduling but I do believe I've worked out the first steps of the process control and preference memory. Unfortunately the UI is laggy as all hell, proper scheduling should resolve the issue.