Rumor Possibility of AMD on STX form factor

There are so many frieds discussed about AMD solution on STX form factor.
I told Crew ASRock had one AMD FM2+ 5x5 board....
Let me show off one board I found on my boss's table.

We did a very very quick research during CNY.
AMD 2200G box fan is so high that can't be installed into our chassis.
BUT... how about install CPU fan and heatsink separately? HAHAHA...

Only for fun :D

sgtspiff

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2018
It would be perfect to get more news today. Black friday is messing with my patience.

Out of everything I would like to buy for a new rig only the SSD is compatible with the AM4 STX.
There's no AM4 ITX boards with SO-DIMMs. No need for a new GPU if i go with the STX. The 2400G is unnecessary if Picasso comes out aprox the same time as the STX board. No specs about CPU cooler height except stock will not fit.

You get the picture.
Either it is really small with STX and ok gaming capacity or a bit too big with iTX and descrete GPU.

McSpain

Trash Compacter
Jun 8, 2018
Awesome, now we only need a better low-profile cooler for the AM4-chipset than the Dynatron A18. Would also be cool, if we were to be able to hook up an internal AC/DC adapter to make a true AMD mac-mini clone.

Scott

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2016
I was wondering today specifically for the possibility of doing a super small, slim APU case for this STX board if you could replace that 70mm blower fan on the Dynatron with a standard 70mm fan and still cool a 35W APU or downclock/undervolt a standard APU until stays cool. Seems like it could be possible with enough tuning.

Reactions: McSpain

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Since the issue originally was fitting of Wraith Stealth in the same height as intel box cooler:

We've been making a build with Ryzen 5 2600 for my brother yesterday (with him), and I've realised we don't need a fan swap to fit within 47 mm of clearance for this specific revision of Wraith Stealth.

There are two differences from the 2200G Wraith Stealth fan version I've checked earlier and posted on reddit and on the forums:
  • it doesn't have distances/stand-offs for the frame making it taller.

• the shroud is not attached with hot glue anymore as it is fully clipped by the protrusions on frame and shroud.
This hopefully means you won't be irreversibly damaging the fan to fit it inside cases like deskmini/chopin/sentry for next gen of Ryzen APUs and 65W TDP SKUs.

Maybe this is how Asrock handled this issue? You'll just unclip the AMD logo shroud from the fan?

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
This will lead to many more possibilities. Fingers crossed for the next gen APUs. I’d like to know the max supported ram fren.

Reactions: Jello