Rumor Possibility of AMD on STX form factor

There are so many frieds discussed about AMD solution on STX form factor.
I told Crew ASRock had one AMD FM2+ 5x5 board....
Let me show off one board I found on my boss's table.

We did a very very quick research during CNY.
AMD 2200G box fan is so high that can't be installed into our chassis.
BUT... how about install CPU fan and heatsink separately? HAHAHA...

Only for fun :D

Reiferic

Efficiency Noob
Oct 22, 2018
Oh, I need one too :) It’s my childhood dream - Mini STX APU Build.

Specs:
- Custom case 151*144*31 = 0.67L (new world record!)
- Ryzen 5 2400G
- Innodisk VLP SO-DIMM 2x8Gb 2400 (18mm)
- Samsung 960 Evo 250Gb
- Asrock MiniSTX AM4
- Custom CPU Cooler (13mm)
- External PSU 120w

Oooh, I have the perfect case sitting on my desk but I’m keeping it a secret. Let’s just say it’s retro AF.... oh, and the keyboard to match!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I want to keep few mysteries till announcement date :(
Therefore, I don't like to share any boards which are not the final version to other members.
Because they always shot and share everything with anyone...

Of course we share it. XD

Tell us when it's here!

#HYPE!

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Been reading up on the Raven Ridge 12nm refresh that is expected in late 2018. Perhaps AsRock will be announcing AM4 Mini-STX alongside these new chips (plz plz plz). Would love to see a couple more Vega cores crammed in with the die space freed by the node shrink (Vega 14?)

sgtspiff

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2018
This is sooo nice to hear. Would be really cool if the launch happens at the same time as AMD releases the Picasso APUs. Even cooler if it was tomorrow.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
The 2200G came out in February almost a year after the first Ryzen chips. I am not hopeful about Picasso being out before 2H 2019 especially it being November and Matisse is not even out yet. Unless it literally launches tomorrow and in large quantities AMD would kill its own 2700X and such Christmas sales and I doubt they would want to do and similarly doubt they have a large quantity of Matisse CPUs at the ready. No, it'll launch in early 2019 and Picasso will launch after the back-to-school sales next years some time late September, early October.

AMD is in no rush, Intel 10nm consumer chips won't happen before 2020 (it's possible even server chips won't) so they can take their sweet time to do a nice, real launch without any annoying initial shortages. Intel continues to tweak Skylake and can't do a real lot. Although Intel kept the performance per watt crown for very long, I wonder whether in 2019 we will see it flip. Or perhaps we will see it flip with Zen 3 in 2020...

Last edited:
Reactions: sgtspiff and whum

Samsquamptch

Trash Compacter
Jun 22, 2016
I keep refreshing this thread every 15 minutes :/ Super pumped for this board but it seems too awesome to be true, considering I’ve wished for this board for so long.

Reactions: Windfall

sgtspiff

Caliper Novice
May 25, 2018
So much exciting news these days. As said about a thousand times by now...CES will be lovelly days. (and also the upcoming 200 days until the finished product finally launches in Sweden the 112th largest market in the world).

Reactions: whum