Performance teaser... What would you prefer?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Bah, I meant the cooling block on top of the CPU. Pardon my Norglish, I'm a Viking like your good self. :)

Hah, no worries. Might've been me as well!
The cold plate / pump can be rotated 360 degrees to ones liking :)

And a Viking joke ;)

friendscatdied

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017
@AseDen would be a nice touch if this included screws for the NF-A9x14 (bonus for screws suitable for deeper fans as well).

I remember Optimum Tech's video citing the need to either dremel into the fan holes or get specific screws from a hardware store but either of those add just a little bit of overhead to already stressful builds, especially with the possibility of messing up the threads in the radiator.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
@AseDen would be a nice touch if this included screws for the NF-A9x14 (bonus for screws suitable for deeper fans as well).

I remember Optimum Tech's video citing the need to either dremel into the fan holes or get specific screws from a hardware store but either of those add just a little bit of overhead to already stressful builds, especially with the possibility of messing up the threads in the radiator.

From what I recall I made it a requirement for production to include 14/15mm capable screws for this version :)

Reactions: friendscatdied

genesis

Efficiency Noob
Mar 11, 2019
I placed a order on the 645LT upgrade kit on Overclokers UK yesterday.

Got an email today that the order is shipped.

Reactions: AseDen

DanT

Average Stuffer
Feb 6, 2018
I placed a order on the 645LT upgrade kit on Overclokers UK yesterday.

Got an email today that the order is shipped.
How much did you pay for yours? I managed to order one for £69.16 which is 90.50$ on Overclockers UK today.

genesis

Efficiency Noob
Mar 11, 2019
How much did you pay for yours? I managed to order one for £69.16 which is 90.50$ on Overclockers UK today.

On the product page it says £82.99* (without Offers: £90.97).
After I add it to the basket it says £69.16. The VAT is removed because I live in a different country.

Q: Does the 'offer price' mean that the item is automatically discounted, or is that in combination with some code or something?

I am glad I got a jump on this. A thank goes to AseDen for keeping ups updated!
I posted the info here so others would know it is actually available.

I know this link has already been provided, but here it goes again - link to the product page:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-liquid-cooling-upgrade-bundle-bu-0d4-tl.html

People should be aware of this when ordering from Overclockers UK:
- You can not find the item by searching for 645LT
- There is no mention of this exact model name on the product page, it is however named on the order confirmation and shipping confirmation (It is easy to determine that it is the new model if you see the photos and refrence to new pump ect on product page)
- Seems you can only buy the whole upgrade kit, not the cooler only. I tried searching for the product name ect.
- In the kit there is only one type of socket-mounting-kit, default is LGA115X, you can find the other mounting/retention-kits by searching the webpage
- I could be very wrong here, but I think there was a photo where the fan had a grill as well. I must have imagined or it was removed. There is no fan-grill mentioned as part of this pack so it could be a idea to get one.

Cut and paste overview from order confirmation e-mail:

£3.29 x 1 - Asetek Premium Retention Kit AMD AM4
- this is a separate item that I added myself
£0.00 x 1 - OcUK Tech Labs 92mm Extreme CPU Liquid Cooling Upgrade Bundle
£2.88 x 1 - Asetek Premium Retention Kit Intel LGA115X (35-150-0000014)
£3.64 x 1 - Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut High Performance Thermal Paste - 1 Gramm
£12.38 x 1 - Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM Fan - 92mm
£50.27 x 1 - Asetek 92mm 645LT (35-102-0000215) **PICK ONE SCREW BAG PER COOLER**
-£0.01 x 1 - Spare Screw for 92mm Cooler
Sub-Total: 72.45
Shipping: 28.54
VAT: 0
Total: 100.99

This amounts to approximately 130 dollars before custuoms and tax in my own country.

friendscatdied

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017
It seems that for those in the US that do not already have a compatible fan, the OCUK kit is a better deal than SFFLab's $99 price.

The total cost ordering the OCUK kit to the US is ~$115US with international shipping. The NF-A9x14 fan is worth ~$16US and 1g of Kryonaut is worth ~$10US, so you're basically getting the Kryonaut for free and getting it now instead of having to wait until May.

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Mar 27, 2019
What would be the best reasonable CPU for this cooler? I'm most likely not going to get a 9900K only to greatly lower its performance.

I'm looking at a 2700X, or maybe the 3700X when it comes out, so what settings do need to adjust to get the best performance out of it?

I don't really want to get a 2700, as it performs only very slightly better than my current i5-6600K in gaming performance.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
If you’re only going to use it for gaming then a 2700X will probably be fine, but I’m waiting for the new 3000 series Ryzens to see how much more performance 7nm is going to give over the current 12nm process. From the leaks I’ve seen it’s looking like a Ryzen 5 3600X is going to probably out perform the 2700X.

https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-ryzen-3000-release-date-price-specs-and-everything-we-know/

Once you’re up to 6-8 cores, even without multi-threading, games benefit more from a higher clock speed than more cores.

If you do anything more stressful than gaming, then that changes things a lot. AVX workloads can easily double the power the CPU will draw and be a lot more challenging for a smaller 92mm AIO.

I’m also looking to build a new system using this cooler later in the year and I don’t want a loud system, or one that throttles most of the CPU performance I’ve paid for. I’ll wait till the reviews are out, but at the moment I’m leaning towards a 3600X.

Last edited:

dragonacc

What's an ITX?
Apr 12, 2019
It seems that for those in the US that do not already have a compatible fan, the OCUK kit is a better deal than SFFLab's $99 price.

The total cost ordering the OCUK kit to the US is ~$115US with international shipping. The NF-A9x14 fan is worth ~$16US and 1g of Kryonaut is worth ~$10US, so you're basically getting the Kryonaut for free and getting it now instead of having to wait until May.

I saw that too and ordered on Tuesday. Mine showed up Thursday afternoon in the US. Pretty impressed with the shipping speed given the fairly reasonable cost.

The box was really destroyed, but the cooler was wrapped in a lot of bubble wrap and the other parts were all there as well. Everything looks fine, won't be able to test it for a while as I'm waiting for Ryzen 3000 (and maybe Navi) for my build.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
On the product page it says £82.99* (without Offers: £90.97).
After I add it to the basket it says £69.16. The VAT is removed because I live in a different country.

Q: Does the 'offer price' mean that the item is automatically discounted, or is that in combination with some code or something?

I am glad I got a jump on this. A thank goes to AseDen for keeping ups updated!
I posted the info here so others would know it is actually available.

It's hard for me to tell what it specifically means. But I would imagine that it's the calculated discount you achieve by buying as a bundle...

The cooler is not a limited edition :)

friendscatdied

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017
I guess 7.98GBP is roughly the value of 1g Kryonaut.

Still the fact that those bundled savings are retained even when shipping to the US (plus SFFLab being wayyyyy behind on the shipping schedule) is somewhat confounding.

J-R

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2019
Anyone got the asetek 645LT already? can someone confirm if you can install taller ram sticks and tuck it below instead of the common top config? 645 have a longer tube than 545. No one has a clear answer yet if it can go on the bottom of the ram stick and not above it.

Reactions: deadline and fabio