Performance teaser... What would you prefer?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com

How about this? ;)

Flytrapp

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2019
@AseDen Is it possible to use this on a 2011-v3 socket? I'm struggling to find a good cooler for the a4 sfx for this case and I'm praying to the Norse gods that this will work.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
https://www.sfflab.com/products/asetek-aio

Hey @AseDen, can you release a list of the official changes and benchmarks before we preorder?

What in the Bleep! They went ahead and listed it... XD
I will stick together a post of official changes asap. (edit: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/asetek-645lt-for-the-sff-community.10418/)

What sort of benchmarks would you like to see? (Please keep in mind that I'm a one man army:p)

@AseDen Is it possible to use this on a 2011-v3 socket? I'm struggling to find a good cooler for the a4 sfx for this case and I'm praying to the Norse gods that this will work.

Being Danish, I can promise you that Thor has heard your request, flung his hammer to the anvil and made sure that a solution exists ;)

We have retention brackets for both 20xx narrow and 20xx square which will fit this cooler :)

Last edited:

Drnrcr

Caliper Novice
Jan 1, 2019
Believe it or not, I actually don't have a 545 (embarrasing!)...

Well i can send you mine once i get my new one..
Gaming on my 9900k with a 2080ti xc was about 80c on the package and in the 70c mark for the cores. That's with power limit set to 95W. Video card was 67-73c. M2 were the issue for me. Talking 80 - 85c.

Reactions: AseDen

Flytrapp

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2019
Any1 got any clue on how this will perform on a 5930k? Wondering if I should bite the bullet and just replace MB+CPU to something a bit less power hungry.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Will we be able to route the hoses _below_ the ram sticks, in order to fit taller ram? @AseDen
I have heard someone was able to place the hoses side by side with the old one. However with a slight bulge on the side.
As for whether it will be able to route below, I haven't tested. My test build was a mess (not very skilled in the art of SFF:\). However, I can tell you that we made the hoses slightly longer per Daniel of DAN Case request, and to the length that he specified (whether that was to allow for higher memory or something else, I wouldn't know - seeing as I'm not an expert in SFFs ;))

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
that would be a very nice information...
back then I couldnt fit my 545 in my DAN A4 because i own tall trident RGB ram
... and was super sad :D

I can see that being weep-worthy ;)

I would suggest consulting Daniel from DAN Case about this. He is, if anyone, the expert on the case and what's feasible. Also I know that he has an early prototype unit, that I sent him :)

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
I have heard someone was able to place the hoses side by side with the old one. However with a slight bulge on the side.
As for whether it will be able to route below, I haven't tested. My test build was a mess (not very skilled in the art of SFF:\). However, I can tell you that we made the hoses slightly longer per Daniel of DAN Case request, and to the length that he specified (whether that was to allow for higher memory or something else, I wouldn't know - seeing as I'm not an expert in SFFs ;))

First of all, thank you so much for your presence here! I have to bother you with two more questions:

1. How much longer are the new hoses?
2. Can you mount the cooling block so that the hoses are set to to other positions? On your pictures (nice ones, btw!) the hoses are on top of the block. Can the block be turned 180 degrees, so that the hoses are at bottom instead? :)

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
First of all, thank you so much for your presence here! I have to bother you with two more questions:

1. How much longer are the new hoses?
2. Can you mount the cooling block so that the hoses are set to to other positions? On your pictures (nice ones, btw!) the hoses are on top of the block. Can the block be turned 180 degrees, so that the hoses are at bottom instead? :)

Bother me? Are you kidding? I LOVE engaging with the community.

1. The new hoses should be 2-3 cm longer
2. Theoretically, yes you could mount the rad upside down. You wouldn't be able to screw it easily into place, though. The hoses also do swivel.
And thanks for the compliments on the pictures ;)

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
Bother me? Are you kidding? I LOVE engaging with the community.

1. The new hoses should be 2-3 cm longer
2. Theoretically, yes you could mount the rad upside down. You wouldn't be able to screw it easily into place, though. The hoses also do swivel.
And thanks for the compliments on the pictures ;)

Bah, I meant the cooling block on top of the CPU. Pardon my Norglish, I'm a Viking like your good self. :)

Reactions: AseDen