Concept OMNI PLUGin 300 - Full feature Plugin DC-ATX

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hello, and welcome to 2021.

I would like to announce my next project, after the successful launch of M2426 (and almost launch of Plugin 200X), I would like to announce the OMNI 300.

The OMNI PLUGin 300 is 300W of concentrated DC-DC Power. It is designed by an enthusiast, for enthusiasts.

Features include:
12-24V Input
Dual Rail Support - Yes, you can safely hook up two different AC-DC units.
Up to 98% efficiency
Real 300W rated
All modular power connector
Future compatibility of synchronized distro board (Dynamo 360 type support)
Supported in USA, fast technical support

Expected to release Summer 2021.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
What dimensions will the Plug-in unit have and what sort of GPU could you run using it?
It would hopefully be only a bit oversized, and should fit comfortably inside the S4M, the height will be equivalent to a 45mm CPU cooler. It will not overhang the motherboard at all.

It will support 4 Pin CPU and 8 pin PCIe. This means up to 225W GPU and 150W CPU are supported.

Circuit_Bear

Caliper Novice
Feb 5, 2019
If you have a 19v passthrough this would be the next dynamo 360. Alot of ppl find themselves having to use a collections of other chipboards to run 19v motherboards with 12v components, so a 19v passthrough would create a real use case for something like this.

Vir

Average Stuffer
Apr 26, 2020
I'm not very savvy - could this replace my Hdplex dc-atx? How are the thermals?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I'm not very savvy - could this replace my Hdplex dc-atx? How are the thermals?
Only if your AC-DC PSU delivers 12V. HDPlex uses 19V, so you'd likely need to get a new AC-DC unit too. Thermals are likely to be very good given that it doesn't do any voltage conversion on the 12V rail - again unlike the HDPlex. The 5V and 3.3V rails are barely used in modern PCs, so heat from converting 12V down to those should be negligible.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Only if your AC-DC PSU delivers 12V. HDPlex uses 19V, so you'd likely need to get a new AC-DC unit too. Thermals are likely to be very good given that it doesn't do any voltage conversion on the 12V rail - again unlike the HDPlex. The 5V and 3.3V rails are barely used in modern PCs, so heat from converting 12V down to those should be negligible.
This OMNI version will be designed for 12-24V. It can directly replace HDPLEX's products. It may need different connectors though.

The goal is 97% efficiency on the 12V rail, but we will have to see.

Last edited:

K2e2vin

Cable Smoosher
Mar 6, 2021
Looking Forward to this. I'm guessing this has PSON like the other units? Looking to replace my 200W HDPlex and run a 400W HDPlex as a dedicated GPU PSU.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Just stumbled on this thread/announcement:
This sounds like an awesome option for those of us looking for a compact solution >200W without being forced to find room for an HDPLEX 400W combo, or want to avoid flexATX PSUs.
One question: how would this handle pass-through flexible 24-pin extension/adapters if height is an issue?
I was looking into a 200W Pico ATX solution a while back, but the Velka 3/K39v2 didn't provide enough clearance. Considered a flexible extension, but not power savvy enough to risk it.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just stumbled on this thread/announcement:
This sounds like an awesome option for those of us looking for a compact solution >200W without being forced to find room for an HDPLEX 400W combo, or want to avoid flexATX PSUs.
One question: how would this handle pass-through flexible 24-pin extension/adapters if height is an issue?
I was looking into a 200W Pico ATX solution a while back, but the Velka 3/K39v2 didn't provide enough clearance. Considered a flexible extension, but not power savvy enough to risk it.
Yes though it would be wildly expensive as a pass through purpose.

the M2426 is designed to work with ATX type PSU including flex atx as long as you can repin it.

Same with the 200X which adds 12v AC/DC power supply support. 300X adds 100W and wide input support.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Here's a question: this supports dual rail input and wide voltage input. Does it support both simultaneously? I.e. could this run off a 19V and a 12V source at the same time? Or would dual inputs need to be voltage matched?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Here's a question: this supports dual rail input and wide voltage input. Does it support both simultaneously? I.e. could this run off a 19V and a 12V source at the same time? Or would dual inputs need to be voltage matched?
It will require a bit more testing to see if it is capable of that. At this time it is designed for matched voltages.

Reactions: Valantar

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
It would hopefully be only a bit oversized, and should fit comfortably inside the S4M, the height will be equivalent to a 45mm CPU cooler. It will not overhang the motherboard at all.

It will support 4 Pin CPU and 8 pin PCIe. This means up to 225W GPU and 150W CPU are supported.

I don't totally follow the arithmetic, the top post says 300W rated but here it says 375W (225 + 150), which one is correct (or are you offering multiple versions)?

Hungrythundr

Caliper Novice
Apr 7, 2021
I don't totally follow the arithmetic, the top post says 300W rated but here it says 375W (225 + 150), which one is correct (or are you offering multiple versions)?
I think he means more of a maximum output per each component. It will max out at 300 total watts but you have leverage for how much power each of your components consumes based on weather your going with a power intensive gpu or a hungry cpu.