News NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Right now, the Zotac model is available pretty much everywhere in the world except the USA. If politics is the reason for this, I can only assume that our President's recent actions can only cause further delays (and price increases)...

I've been keeping an eye on things; the retailer BLT has indicated they expect a shipment by the end of next week, but Zotac had also told them they would be receiving cards a few weeks ago, and those never arrived. So, no idea.

BTW, Newegg has managed to acquire some Asus LP 1050 ti cards, if you're in a hurry and don't mind three year old tech.
Those 1050ti from ASUS have been very hard to find over the last year or so. I really wanted one for the zero RPM fan mode. Holding out for the ASUS 1650 to replace my 1050ti from Gigabyte at this point. A little worried as there was no mention in the press release of a zero RPM fan mode though.

Reactions: Copernicus

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
Here's an interesting tidbit: a Chinese site has just put out the rumor that Nvidia is prepping to launch a gtx 1650 ti some time around the end of September or beginning of October...

Any correlation to the release of the main video card product to the LP version? Do they tend to release at the same time or is there a general delay of weeks or months to the LP product version?

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Any correlation to the release of the main video card product to the LP version? Do they tend to release at the same time or is there a general delay of weeks or months to the LP product version?

My understanding is that there is a delay. Low profile designs require a bit more engineering, and have a much smaller base of consumers. Still, they do eventually get released...

RichterSnipes

Trash Compacter
Aug 17, 2019
My understanding is that there is a delay. Low profile designs require a bit more engineering, and have a much smaller base of consumers. Still, they do eventually get released...
That depends on if the 1650 Ti (if this is for real) can even be squeezed into a low profile card. I certainly hope it can... even if it means I'll be regretting my 1650 LP purchase a bit.

Although I feel I'll get a fair bit of mileage out of it no matter what. There's a chance we won't see a 1650 Ti LP card until early 2020. And who knows what exact sizes it'll be available in? If it were to just be ASUS making them, and they're the same size as their 1650 LP cards, I couldn't even use it.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
That depends on if the 1650 Ti (if this is for real) can even be squeezed into a low profile card.

Shouldn't be a problem. Both the 1050 and 1050 ti were limited to 75 watts of power, which seems to be the most important factor these days for manufacturers to design a LP GPU. I see no reason why a 1650 ti wouldn't follow the same pattern.

Reactions: Choidebu

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
I'm not in such a hurry, wait and keep looking at online retailers if you see any inventory warnings here in colleagues.

You know, I haven't been keeping close tabs on retailers outside the US lately, but a quick check shows that a lot of them are low in stock or back-ordered on the Zotac card. I'm thinking more and more that Zotac simply didn't predict this amount of demand for a LP 1650. (Possibly because nobody else is even trying to compete with them so far; MSI seems uninterested in pushing their own card to market...)

With any luck, Zotac (or maybe somebody else) will notice this situation and start pumping out product. :)

Reactions: rogar308 and August

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
For what it may be worth, the 1050 ti LP video cards seem to be dropping notably in price on ebay in usa. I haven't checked worldwide but it would seem most probable that they are dropping in price there too as the 1650 LP continues what seems to be a sluggish rollout.

I agree with Copernicus' observation regarding 1650 LP stock & supply. Hopefully the upside will be an increased interest for Zotac to continue to develop LP cards since they know they have a market for them and the first to market will most likely benefit the most.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
I have to admit that there is also the possibility that manufacturers are trying to draw down existing supplies of 1050 cards; the batch of Asus LP 1050ti cards that Newegg had last week sold out fairly quickly, even though priced over $180.

Regardless, there is a demand here, hopefully someone will meet it. :)

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
Just in from BLT regarding the GEFORCE GTX 1650 LP card:

We have been informed that the ordered product has an updated estimated time of arrival (ETA) into our warehouse of 09/04/19. We sincerely appreciate your patience and will be shipping your order as soon as is possible.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Freaking 5 months, Zotac. Get a grip on. Seriously.
Hey, they can do what they like. At least they are manufacturing the cards. Where is MSI? Where is Asus? Where is Gigabyte? Where is anybody else?

Zotac is the only organization making these cards. They have absolutely no competition at the moment, and therefore gain the spoils no matter how they market and distribute the product.

Reactions: rogar308

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
It seems as though Zotac has finally provided a shipping update to US retailers who had previously ordered their LP card. NextWarehouse has updated the previous ETA of five cards from 8/8 to 9/16. BLT's first order of five is now scheduled to arrive on 9/26, and all the rest will arrive at the beginning of October.

I'm not sure how believable these dates are, but given that multiple retailers have updated their numbers at the same time, I'm thinking that Zotac itself has gotten in touch with them.

In any case, looks like more weeks of delays ahead. :(

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
Yeah, I can confirm. I just got this from BLT today:

We have been informed that the ordered product has an updated estimated time of arrival (ETA) into our warehouse of 09/26/19.

Kinda sucks. What is Zoltac doing over there???

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Kinda sucks. What is Zoltac doing over there???

My guess would be producing more profitable $1000 cards. I was kinda surprised to see the LP 1650 cards selling for $150, when the 1050s are still closer to $200; not sure how much money Zotac makes per card, but it must be slim...