News NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Could have bought an ASUS 1050ti low profile in June. Felt spoiled to have both zero-RPM and backplate on an LP card. Would be perfect if ASUS applied those on 1650. Maybe we'll see that in 1650ti ?
Would instant buy that 1650 model from ASUS with zero-rpm fan mode and backplate all the way up to $200.

Reactions: ixit

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
One more for the US: BLT. Of course nothing in stock, but very competitive on price: $151.71.

EDIT: The BLT "special order" terms indicate that they expect the manufacturer to be able to ship them the product within 15 days. This possibly indicates that Zotac is now within 15 days of shipping their LP cards to the US. :)

Last edited:

neo_rebu

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2019
One more for the US: BLT. Of course nothing in stock, but very competitive on price: $151.71.

EDIT: The BLT "special order" terms indicate that they expect the manufacturer to be able to ship them the product within 15 days. This possibly indicates that Zotac is now within 15 days of shipping their LP cards to the US. :)
I am holding out waaaaaaaay to long, I'm this close to order one from japan ($203 + $25) ? but at $151.71. plus FREE SHIPPING i might wait for this ? its a whole fucking $70 of savings

I've never been this desperate for a goddamn graphics card!!

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Just noticed that Provantage dropped their price to $151.66 on the Zotac card, technically keeping them in the lead as the least expensive. Kinda interesting to see retailers competing on a product that is essentially still vaporware here in the US. :)

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
News! BLT has now updated their catalog entry for the Zotac card to show that they are in process of receiving a shipment. Five of the cards will apparently be received by their California warehouse by the 15th of August (although they also state that this is an estimation, not a hard date).

Looks like the US is finally going to start getting some of these cards...

EDIT (11:15): A Zotac 1650 LP card just popped up on Newegg, for what it's worth; it's an import from Canada, at a ridiculous price ($286). Still, might be indicative that Zotac is ready to allow US companies to sell the card soon. (Presumably, Newegg could have imported cards from Canada or other places weeks ago if they had really wanted...)

EDIT (12:00): And, Zotac has finally updated the "overview" poster for their LP card (including an image of the heatsink):

Last edited:
Reactions: smitty2k1

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Well, I'll be... Exactly how long has Zotac been selling its products directly to the public, rather than through retailers? In any case, my incessant Google searching has suddenly turned up the fact that you can buy the LP 1650 card directly from Zotac itself and have it shipped to the US (or anywhere else, I presume). Google timestamp says it discovered this web page five hours ago, but I have no idea how long it has actually existed. Price is probably the best possible ($149.99), but shipping is rather expensive.

Reactions: smitty2k1

neo_rebu

Cable Smoosher
Jul 31, 2019
Well, I'll be... Exactly how long has Zotac been selling its products directly to the public, rather than through retailers? In any case, my incessant Google searching has suddenly turned up the fact that you can buy the LP 1650 card directly from Zotac itself and have it shipped to the US (or anywhere else, I presume). Google timestamp says it discovered this web page five hours ago, but I have no idea how long it has actually existed. Price is probably the best possible ($149.99), but shipping is rather expensive.

Looks like they were previously released, it's sold out now.

Reactions: Copernicus

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
New player! NextWarehouse is the latest US store to publicly advertise that they do not have any Zotac LP 1650 cards in stock. :) The price they offer for these non-existent cards is $162.22, which seems pretty average.

However, they do have a very interesting notice on their store page -- apparently, a shipment of 5 of these cards is scheduled to reach their warehouse on the 8th (Thursday). So we may now be getting very close to seeing US stores actually carrying these cards...

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
New player! NextWarehouse is the latest US store to publicly advertise that they do not have any Zotac LP 1650 cards in stock. :) The price they offer for these non-existent cards is $162.22, which seems pretty average.

However, they do have a very interesting notice on their store page -- apparently, a shipment of 5 of these cards is scheduled to reach their warehouse on the 8th (Thursday). So we may now be getting very close to seeing US stores actually carrying these cards...
Thanks for your continued vigilance :)

Now let me know when ASUS releases their zero RPM version =)

Reactions: Lone and Copernicus

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Now let me know when ASUS releases their zero RPM version =)

Actually, for a card that has not been discussed (so far as I can see) beyond a list of potential future products back in April, ASUS sure has a very nice web page up describing it:

Very similar to the Zotac card in having one each of HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort ports, but in the specs is also mentioned an "overclock mode" similar to MSI's OC card. This could all be speculative, though...

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Longer and thicker too _that's what she said_

From the spec page:
Zotac: 160 x 70 x 34 mm
Asus: 182 x 69 x 41 mm
MSI: 168 x 69 x 37 mm

For my use case, only zotac one should clear installation in S4M-C with hdplex 200 acdc in front of it and behind the front panel with 3mm to spare (from experience, this means they are touching)

Edit: ooh asus got backplate!

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Actually, for a card that has not been discussed (so far as I can see) beyond a list of potential future products back in April, ASUS sure has a very nice web page up describing it:

Very similar to the Zotac card in having one each of HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort ports, but in the specs is also mentioned an "overclock mode" similar to MSI's OC card. This could all be speculative, though...
This is awesome, looks to be the same package of specs/features as the 1050ti which was by far the best model available. The shots on the web page are almost certainly the same as the 1050ti, but you can see the 5 pin fan header which indicates a zero RPM fan mode, despite there being no mention of that features on the product page.

rogar308

Caliper Novice
Jul 18, 2019
+1 Copernicus low profile video card stalker. :) but great info thx

I've got a pile of old Dell sff computers I'm preparing for various relatives, my wife & 1 for myself. So, I'm doing the video card shuffle. I broke down and bought a used MSI 1050 ti LP off ebay for $145 which I guess is an ok price if it works. I definitley wanted a 2 fan version. Still waiting to receive it . I'll throw that into my sff since it doesn't have a video card until I can get a 1060 LP. I've been having 1 heck of a time with Dell sff pc's, Win10 , usb drives, bios changes, video cards and whatnot. Too many lost hours of sleep. Seems to be an issue with bios in safe mode and a non dell video card causing problems. Also have to flip sata mode in the bios to boot from usb drive OR internal drive. Very annoying.

Regarding the ASUS video card (ex. 1050 ti LP)
Does a 0 rpm fan mode correlate to a decrease in video card performance like it typically does with a cpu?