News NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Zip, nada, nothing !!!
I don't want one even if they do, the 1650 has had some of it's media engine stripped from the die (won't affect gamers or coders) making it a no go for me as a playback card with some editing.
I went with a 1660ti card in the end and couldn't be happier, full media engine intact and 120w power draw gaming. At almost GTX1070 level, it's amazing perf per watt !!!
Yes it does cost more and you need a bigger case for it, I was happy to trade that for the intact Turing media engine !!!

While I know the P1000 is not a Turing card would it make more sense than a GTX 1650 for editing work?

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
While I know the P1000 is not a Turing card would it make more sense than a GTX 1650 for editing work?
I don't think so. the p1000 may have some use for CAD and specific applications but editing work may rely more on how powerfull the card is alone, and the 1650 is quite more powerfull than the p1000. but I dont have a way to test this, I'm based on past benchmarks of other cards and this basic comparison (https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-Quadro-P1000-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1650/m271840vs4039) anyone more experienced on this?

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
For what it's worth, it appears that at least one instance of the MSI card has now been spotted in the wild, at a store in Akiba. Price there was 19,800 yen ($183).

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
For what it's worth, it appears that at least one instance of the MSI card has now been spotted in the wild, at a store in Akiba. Price there was 19,800 yen ($183).

I'll probably be buying one of these day 1 if the price isn't above $175. I'd much prefer a product with DP in addition to HDMI, but I don't actually have a DP use case right now so it isn't a big deal.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
I'll probably be buying one of these day 1 if the price isn't above $175. I'd much prefer a product with DP in addition to HDMI, but I don't actually have a DP use case right now so it isn't a big deal.

I have to admit, the ability to drive three monitors if needed is convenient when not using the PC to play games. So the ZOTAC's DP is pretty compelling to me. :)

Reactions: owliwar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I'm hoping the rumoured Asus RTX 1650 Ti low profile shows up soon.
The Asus RTX 1650 Ti definitely won't show up. GTX? Possibly. Though first Nvidia would have to launch a GPU called 1650 Ti. Until then, I guess we'll have to settle for a potential Asus GTX 1650.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've been fairly pleased with my LP 1050ti for 1080p gaming, so a 1650 will be a nice boost. Not sure I'd need the extra horsepower from a potential 1650ti for my LAN rig.

Reactions: Copernicus

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Amazon in Japan is now selling the non-overclocked version of the MSI card. There is already one review up by an early customer, with some pics including one of the card sitting in his SFF box, so I guess it really is available for sale there now. Price there is 22,452 yen ($208).

Last edited:
Reactions: smitty2k1

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Well, this has been a rather frustrating week... The low profile 1650 cards have been showing up in on-line stores across Europe, Australia, and now Canada, each stating that they will have the product soon, but never actually stating that they have any in stock. Well, one German site ("computeruniverse") now says they have the ZOTAC card "in stock and immediately available", so with luck (and assuming they are not lying), the LP cards should finally begin rolling out in a more widespread form soon.

Reactions: smitty2k1

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Well, here's something humorous, if not unexpected. It appears that the ZOTAC card was released across Europe yesterday; websites in Germany, the Netherlands, and Spain that I've looked at all report having it in stock. But not in the UK. And so, some guy in France is now trying to sell copies of the card on Amazon's UK site; at first he put it up for $300, and now he's up to $400.

• Haha
Reactions: Valantar

joit

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 11, 2019
So the Zotac 1650lp is probably weak and noisy. What do you think are the next more beefy options?
Asus OC?

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
So the Zotac 1650lp is probably weak and noisy. What do you think are the next more beefy options?
Asus OC?
Well, if you are interested in a low profile card, the new ZOTAC and MSI 1650s are pretty much the way to go. There are no other 1650 offerings from other manufacturers, and there are no faster LP cards at all.

Now, if you are interested in full-height cards, your options open up greatly; AMD has a number of powerful low-end options, and many far more powerful cards exist on the high end...

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
that's right.
I just wanted to started a discussion about what you think would be the next fast LP card.

Ah, more choices would be nice. :) AMD seems to have no interest in low-power GPUs (and for good reason, as most consumers don't care either), so only Nvidia GPUs appear to be usable on small cards for the forseeable future. I'd like to see some options _over_ 75 watts, but as almost no mainstream SFF boxes have even a single PCIe power connector, the market for them would be vanishingly small.

I've heard nothing so far about Asus or GIGABYTE or anybody else releasing LP 1650 options any time soon, and I can't really see how they would be significantly superior...

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Ah, more choices would be nice. :) AMD seems to have no interest in low-power GPUs (and for good reason, as most consumers don't care either), so only Nvidia GPUs appear to be usable on small cards for the forseeable future. I'd like to see some options _over_ 75 watts, but as almost no mainstream SFF boxes have even a single PCIe power connector, the market for them would be vanishingly small.

I've heard nothing so far about Asus or GIGABYTE or anybody else releasing LP 1650 options any time soon, and I can't really see how they would be significantly superior...
AMD hasn't had a real route to faster low power GPUs since the 550 and 560 launched, so talking about a "lack of interest" doest make much sense. With RDNA significantly improving power efficiency we should see some promising low-power AMD GPUs in the future - after all, they need a small die to get into the very lucrative entry level gaming laptop market.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Another week has passed without a general release of LP 1650 cards to the western hemisphere. :( And so I'm venting my frustration with a post. I don't know what has happened with MSI, they apparently just released a handful of cards to Japan last month and then went quiet. At least on the ZOTAC front, things seem to be going well for them; of the European storefronts that report the number of units they have in stock, several are now down to single digits remaining (and a couple have sold out).

dustar1986

Efficiency Noob
Jul 13, 2019
Another week has passed without a general release of LP 1650 cards to the western hemisphere. :( And so I'm venting my frustration with a post. I don't know what has happened with MSI, they apparently just released a handful of cards to Japan last month and then went quiet. At least on the ZOTAC front, things seem to be going well for them; of the European storefronts that report the number of units they have in stock, several are now down to single digits remaining (and a couple have sold out).

I just ordered a Zotac low profile GTX 1650 on ebay, from a UK shop. They said they could deliver to US. Link below:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zotac-ZT-T16500H-10L-graphics-card-GeForce-GTX-1650-4-GB-GDDR5-ZT-T16500H-10L/163774548251?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
The order was put on late Friday so it hasn't been shipped yet. Hopefully I can receive it soon. I saw people in the same boat with me waiting for this card, so I registered the forum and am trying to be helpful here.

This waiting for the low profile 1650 is way too long, although my situation might be different from most people here. I want to take the full advantage of my RTX card to do heavy machine learning jobs, on a X299 platform without a integrated GPU. So I want another GPU to light the screen up. Low profile cards are where I'm looking into to ensure a good airflow inside my chassis. I'm currently using a GT 1030 which does nothing wrong. But GTX 1650 would give a bit freedom for 4K streaming I occasionally do. I almost gave up waiting for this ZT-16500H-10L since May and picked up any GTX 1650 with ITX design (Gigabyte, Zotac or MSI), until I saw the above ebay link.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
This waiting for the low profile 1650 is way too long, although my situation might be different from most people here.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if there are many people in the same boat as you. ;) But yeah, I've had all sorts of theories floating through my head the past few weeks; most of them revolve around the idea that the comparatively small SFF market, along with the royal beating the press gave the 1650 when it first came out, has made manufacturers wary about putting too much effort into producing these cards. If MSI and ZOTAC are only rolling out their products in extremely low volumes, they may want to just target their most likely consumers first, rather than spread themselves extremely thinly across the entire globe...

Thanks for the link! I'm a little nervous myself about ordering internationally, but I'll think about it. (The eBay seller says they only have 7 left, I'll have to see how fast they disappear.) There's also a store in California that supposedly has a few cards available...