• Updates are afoot! Track our progress, report bugs, and make feature requests in our dedicated update thread. Read more
    Our latest release introduces full-screen post editing, ignorable forums and threads, lazy loading, unread thread icons, and other enhancements

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

smitty2k1

Master of Cramming
Dec 3, 2016
Who needs photos anyways? I want confirmed specs and dimensions.
Because photos mean we are closer to (or at) launch and availability!
Also, I want to confirm the design will use a 5-pin fan header like on the ASUS 1050ti low profile. All other 1050ti low profiles use 2/3 pin fan headers that do not allow proper fan control. The ASUS model has a the ability to set the fans to zero RPM.

CC Ricers

SFF Guru
Nov 1, 2015
TechPowerUp has completed a review of the GTX 1650 that, I believe, shows exactly what Nvidia was attempting to accomplish with this card. Among their tests, they analyzed the performance per watt of this card against a number of alternatives; at 1080p, it beat them _all_. Check out this graph:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_1650_SC_Ultra_Black/
The RX 570 is shown to have much better efficiency results when undervolted. Roughly 90 watts if you tone it down to the 1650's level of performance.

And this is where it gets interesting with Vega 56 because when you clock that down to the 570's clock speeds, that Vega 56 only pulls 125w of power.

Imagine how well the perf/watt could do against the competition if AMD released a 40 CU or 48 CU version with similar clocks

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
Oct 13, 2016
Would love to see Navi 7nm 40 or 48. There was a rumor about Vega 48 a while back if I recall. That or just something people wanted to see.

Also on the rx 570 it was running at 1200 vs 1700 or so on the core for similar performance. Interesting stuff.

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
To be honest, most modern cards undervolt incredibly well. The two Aero ITX 1070 I've had easily gain +21% perf/W at performance levels above that of a stock 1070 - and that's an architecture supposedly already tuned for maximum efficiency. Haven't yet even tried more dramatic undervolting yet. The real interesting question is, how much lower can the 1650 and 1660Ti go?

Last edited:

Copernicus

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019
The RX 570 is shown to have much better efficiency results when undervolted. Roughly 90 watts if you tone it down to the 1650's level of performance.

And this is where it gets interesting with Vega 56 because when you clock that down to the 570's clock speeds, that Vega 56 only pulls 125w of power.

Imagine how well the perf/watt could do against the competition if AMD released a 40 CU or 48 CU version with similar clocks
Well, but that's the thing, right? A least up to now, AMD has been sticking to pushing more power through their GPUs, and letting Nvidia do the hard work of creating efficient hardware. I'd appreciate an AMD effort to truly compete on efficiency terms, but they just don't have a good history of doing so. (Although I guess they are producing what the market wants...)

Reactions: owliwar