Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I have my fans at about 34% and my 2080ti (240mm aio) is about 52° when gaming, but it's pretty closed off (the system is tight with wires and bottom 120mm radiator). my fans are Corsair's premium sf120mm on the GPU and a scythe kaze flex slim 120 for my CPU's 120mm aio under the PSU. Also glass sides.
My bottom panel is modded for much increased airflow

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Black705

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 11, 2019
I filled the loop using the fill port on the top rad, you can see a pic of it where i modified the radiator bracket to allow access to it. I hooked up a fitting and ran about 2 feet of soft tubing to an external reservoir which was filled up and temporarily mounted above the case and ran it like that for about a day. i intermittently changed the pump speed from fast to slow and tipped the case in different directions, the water level in the reservoir slowly went down as the air came out of the loop. i probably could have done it faster but i took my time. Im considering adding a t-line when I maintain the loop in 6-12 months but I'll see how it runs for the time being.

I need to figure out a way to make mesh top/bottom panels. I have changed out my fans for higher static pressure ML120 fans, but even with the fans at full blast using the top cover automatically increases the loop's water temperature from 35 degrees to 40 degrees at full cpu/gpu load, and I'm even using 1cm spacers for it.

I'm also running dual rads, do you think you are gonna drop something by accident in the fans or is it just for looks you want a panel on top? I'm running mine without, also for the bottom just get some 3d printed feet that attaches to the bottom steck and leave out the horrible airflow panel with the feet.

But yeah my ML120 are running at 2000 RPM when gaming with Ryzen 3600 and a rx 5700xt cooling like 300w, gpu is max 55 degrees C while water is 40-41.

Black705

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 11, 2019
Here is an old album from Autumn, will take better pictures next week when I get better 3d printed feet if they fit hopefully. Also since this album I have changed to custom cables and just today added a fan to the side panel to cool memory&vrm, didn't really affect the water temps at all. Tried to change the top rad to take air in and side fan as exhaust but temps was still the same so I changed back to exhaust for the top rad.

And yes I scratched the top steck a bit as you can see, also today a bit more ?

Reactions: Nouvolo

brownelvis

Trash Compacter
Jun 5, 2019
Here is an old album from Autumn, will take better pictures next week when I get better 3d printed feet if they fit hopefully. Also since this album I have changed to custom cables and just today added a fan to the side panel to cool memory&vrm, didn't really affect the water temps at all. Tried to change the top rad to take air in and side fan as exhaust but temps was still the same so I changed back to exhaust for the top rad.

And yes I scratched the top steck a bit as you can see, also today a bit more ?

Nice build! I'm actually not worried about things falling into the fans, I have the fans on the inside of the build as pull/intake on the bottom and push/exhaust on the top, so only the rads are exposed. I really just dont like the unfinished look of it not having a top cover, my solution for now is that i stuck two more fans on top, so the top rad is push/pull. End result is water temps maxing out at 35 degrees on full cpu/gpu load. Really curious about which feet you decide to go with, I had some amplifier feet but I couldn get it to work with the screw holes in the bottom of the case.

I've also noticed the odd microbubble flow through the gpu block so i also put a 15mm g1/4 extension on the top rad port just to catch any extra air in the loop and make it easier to top up, seems to have worked as I haven't seen any bubbles at all since i put it on and topped it up with coolant.

Here's how it looks:

Black705

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 11, 2019
Nice build! I'm actually not worried about things falling into the fans, I have the fans on the inside of the build as pull/intake on the bottom and push/exhaust on the top, so only the rads are exposed. I really just dont like the unfinished look of it not having a top cover, my solution for now is that i stuck two more fans on top, so the top rad is push/pull. End result is water temps maxing out at 35 degrees on full cpu/gpu load. Really curious about which feet you decide to go with, I had some amplifier feet but I couldn get it to work with the screw holes in the bottom of the case.

I've also noticed the odd microbubble flow through the gpu block so i also put a 15mm g1/4 extension on the top rad port just to catch any extra air in the loop and make it easier to top up, seems to have worked as I haven't seen any bubbles at all since i put it on and topped it up with coolant.
Ah I see, didn't wanna modify the bracket to reach the outlet on the rad so I have my fans on top as pull, and the current feet is just some quick ones that I made and friend printed them. New designed feet is also simple but better when it's more like the original feet, not 4 separate in each corner that can rotate like now.

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Hi!

It's been a while since I wrote here. So far the case stands strong, I travelled with it several times in a backpack (with the hat included) and it is still impecable.

But I'm back here to ask about GPU upgrades. I want to change my 1060 Strix OC for a 5700 XT. I bought an Ultrawide 2560x1080 screen that can reach 75FPS and has FreeSync. The problem is that it is not in the list of Nvidia's supported monitors to work with Freesync, so my card has been struggling a lot to reach those FPS, and maybe it is time to change it while I can still sell it.

My main concern is the size of cards. It seems that no one is making a 2 slot card for AMD nowadays. Blower style cards are out of the equation, because I think that so far the cooling has been amazing with the AIO on top.

Do you have any list of checked GPU's that fit the Steck? I'm from Europe (Spain), in case the model is not available in EU.

Thanks for your help!

RaldiH

Cable Smoosher
Dec 16, 2019
Hi!

It's been a while since I wrote here. So far the case stands strong, I travelled with it several times in a backpack (with the hat included) and it is still impecable.

But I'm back here to ask about GPU upgrades. I want to change my 1060 Strix OC for a 5700 XT. I bought an Ultrawide 2560x1080 screen that can reach 75FPS and has FreeSync. The problem is that it is not in the list of Nvidia's supported monitors to work with Freesync, so my card has been struggling a lot to reach those FPS, and maybe it is time to change it while I can still sell it.

My main concern is the size of cards. It seems that no one is making a 2 slot card for AMD nowadays. Blower style cards are out of the equation, because I think that so far the cooling has been amazing with the AIO on top.

Do you have any list of checked GPU's that fit the Steck? I'm from Europe (Spain), in case the model is not available in EU.

Thanks for your help!

Most of the monitors supporting FreeSync , especialy if it's FreeSync 2 ( or the other recently created standards ) will work just fine with Nvidia cards even if they have not been directly validated by Nvidia ( so not present in Nvidia list ) . Considering you are looking for a 2 slot 5700XT your best choices are the Sapphire Pulse and the Powercolor Red Dragon ( as far as im aware ) . The 5700XT is a very nice GPU , this being said considering all the driver issues mess related to Navi , personaly i would rather go with a 2070 or something but that's up to you .

Last edited:

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Asrock Challenger
Most of the monitors supporting FreeSync , especialy if it's FreeSync 2 ( or the other recently created standards ) will work just fine with Nvidia cards even if they have not been directly validated by Nvidia ( so not present in Nvidia list ) . Considering you are looking for a 2 slot 5700XT your best choices are the Sapphire Pulse and the Powercolor Red Dragon ( as far as im aware ) . The 5700XT is a very nice GPU , this being said considering all the driver issues mess related to Navi , personaly i would rather go with a 2070 or something but that's up to you .

The 5700 XT is really nice indeed, I had a Sapphire 7770 and it worked flawlessly for years until I changed it. So far, for me AMD is great, as they tend to make the drivers better with time.

Buuuut the problem now is that, as rfarmer suggested, there are only a handful of custom cards compatible with the Steck.

I will investigate further on using freesync now (this is my monitor) with the 1060, and I'll wait until either the prices for the 2070 Super fall a bit (if I buy a GPU I tend to buy it as good as possible, as I did with the 1060) or wait until the next gen of Nvidia.

Either way, thanks for the comments, guys!

RaldiH

Cable Smoosher
Dec 16, 2019
I will investigate further on using freesync now (this is my monitor) with the 1060, and I'll wait until either the prices for the 2070 Super fall a bit (if I buy a GPU I tend to buy it as good as possible, as I did with the 1060) or wait until the next gen of Nvidia.

Either way, thanks for the comments, guys!

Yeah at this point assuming you can , it would be wise to wait for next gen Nvidia and go from there .... maybe AMD will have their driver issues fixed untill then so you will have more choices .

Reactions: Atlas787

emadman

Cable Smoosher
Jan 31, 2020
What side panel mods are everyone running?
I bought neodybium magnets and attached them to the panels with Gorilla superglue gel. Way, way better for their magnetic holding ability and heat resistance. I found that under load, the magnetic tape strips NOuvolo shipped would fail under heat, causing the panels to fall off. With 4 small magnets per panel, I can pick up the case and give it a good, hard shake and they won't budge.

hellla

Case Bender
New User
Feb 25, 2020
I bought neodybium magnets and attached them to the panels with Gorilla superglue gel. Way, way better for their magnetic holding ability and heat resistance. I found that under load, the magnetic tape strips NOuvolo shipped would fail under heat, causing the panels to fall off. With 4 small magnets per panel, I can pick up the case and give it a good, hard shake and they won't budge.
Nice! Happen to have the link for the ones you bought? I just superglued some aluminum strips onto my side panels so I could slide the panels into the case like the Ghost S1. Somebody posted how they did it somewhere in this thread. So far, so good.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Nice! Happen to have the link for the ones you bought? I just superglued some aluminum strips onto my side panels so I could slide the panels into the case like the Ghost S1. Somebody posted how they did it somewhere in this thread. So far, so good.

I got a set of these on mine (https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=B841-N52) and they work fantastic. Same thickness as the 3M strips, so everything still sits perfectly flush.

emadman

Cable Smoosher
Jan 31, 2020
I want to water cool mine. Just got the top hat. This will be my first custom loop running soft tube. Is an Eisbaer LT solo on its own enough power to cool both a Ryzen 3600 and a GTX 1080? I keep hearing mixed reviews on whether or not it can handle the two blocks as well as how loud it runs. It's really expensive to get the Apogee Drive shipped to Canada and the LT. I'd be down with a dedicated DDC pump to save on cost (I'm getting mostly bykski and barrow parts) but it looks like those might be a really tight fit under the PSU

I got a set of these on mine (https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=B841-N52) and they work fantastic. Same thickness as the 3M strips, so everything still sits perfectly flush.
I got the same ones. Works great!

Pouascail

Efficiency Noob
Jul 18, 2019
I want to water cool mine. Just got the top hat. This will be my first custom loop running soft tube. Is an Eisbaer LT solo on its own enough power to cool both a Ryzen 3600 and a GTX 1080? I keep hearing mixed reviews on whether or not it can handle the two blocks as well as how loud it runs. It's really expensive to get the Apogee Drive shipped to Canada and the LT. I'd be down with a dedicated DDC pump to save on cost (I'm getting mostly bykski and barrow parts) but it looks like those might be a really tight fit under the PSU

I got the same ones. Works great!
Hello did also my first loop on 2600x + rtx2080ti solo lt and barrow gpublock (inspired by optimum tech video) and it works great. I just made some cut in bottom and a custom top for better air flow