Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

JoJosSFFPC

Case Bender
New User
Aug 13, 2020
Has anyone tried cutting custom panels in acrylic or metal?
If so, were the thermals improved? My 3600+5700xt is getting a little toasty with an a12x25 exhaust under the psu.
Also considering looking for something like a slim hat for top mounted exhaust fans too.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Oh wow, that's awesome. Have you tried printing them? I'm trying to find a reasonably priced source for 3d printing. Have you tried connecting the 2 halves together? Can that be done with super glue? thanks!

Yeah, I had a buddy print me the two halves on a Prusa, but I asked around the Co area and cheapest I could find was ~$50 in high temp PLA. Yea, i just connected the two halves with super glue and then cleaned up the bead with a little isopropyl.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Confirm the latest evga RTX 3080 fits into Steck ?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
How da hell do people get those cards?

Camping out in front of a Microcenter to dodge the web bots haha. There was already a line the night before when I drove by. Kind of glad I held off though with all of the reported driver/vrm crashing issues. Waiting to see how "big navi" compares, and if the 80cu version will include professional drivers unlike the gimped 3090.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
@Nouvolo any consideration for triple slot cards for v2?
A triple slot card case is in design at the moment but not sandwich style. Hope to get it ready for 2021.

shiftycaps

Efficiency Noob
Nov 1, 2020
Successfully transplanted the components of my old Inwin A1 plus PC to a Nouvolo Steck. Coming from an NZXT H210i to the A1 plus to this in a matter of 6 months is quite satisfying. Loving the smaller form factor in spite of the loss of RGB bling. Seen in the photo is the space previously occupied by my old case.
BTW, has anyone tried getting shorter, customized cables for their Stecks? How's your experience? I really want shorter cables for this case. I am also planning to upgrade from the stock Wraith Stealth cooler because it really cannot handle the smaller space, as the CPU gets as hot as 40-50C on idle and 80-90C under load. Should I get a Noctua L12s or get a stack unit and an AIO? Thanks and cheers

Reactions: rfarmer

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Successfully transplanted the components of my old Inwin A1 plus PC to a Nouvolo Steck. Coming from an NZXT H210i to the A1 plus to this in a matter of 6 months is quite satisfying. Loving the smaller form factor in spite of the loss of RGB bling. Seen in the photo is the space previously occupied by my old case.
BTW, has anyone tried getting shorter, customized cables for their Stecks? How's your experience? I really want shorter cables for this case. I am also planning to upgrade from the stock Wraith Stealth cooler because it really cannot handle the smaller space, as the CPU gets as hot as 40-50C on idle and 80-90C under load. Should I get a Noctua L12s or get a stack unit and an AIO? Thanks and cheers
Shorter cables and install a bottom chassis fan will certainly help. Hey, with the all temps you mentioned, but you have not mentioned what CPU you are using... ? . If you are using the high powered CPUs (AMD 3800/3900X, Intel 10900K), low profile air cooler will not cut it, and you will need AIO. For the low tier CPUs you can use NH-L12S.

shiftycaps

Efficiency Noob
Nov 1, 2020
Shorter cables and install a bottom chassis fan will certainly help. Hey, with the all temps you mentioned, but you have not mentioned what CPU you are using... ? . If you are using the high powered CPUs (AMD 3800/3900X, Intel 10900K), low profile air cooler will not cut it, and you will need AIO. For the low tier CPUs you can use NH-L12S.
Thanks for the reply! BTW I use a Ryzen 5 3600 processor. I already decided to go with an AIO, hence I ordered a Stack Unit from Nouvolo since they are hard to avail locally. I'd probably go with IDCooling cause they're cheap but get the work done. Going with an L12s means I still have to replace my current RAM sticks with low profile ones though. I also have ordered PSU cables customized for this case from DreambigbyRay. Thanks for welcoming me to this thread!

Reactions: Nouvolo

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
so clean! You can save some more space with Aquanaut tho ?

Thanks!

There's not really any point in the aquanaut in this build... And as convenient as it is, I'd be surprised if it out performed a heatkiller iv.

The DDC and alphacool top for comfortably beneath a full size GPU. This build should have had a water cooled strix 2070 super - which I did mock up just fine, but apparently 3080s are hard to come by. ?