Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Benc

Cable Smoosher
Sep 9, 2019
It's a shame no sff power supplies some with an option to have the mains plug go in the side and not the rear. It would allow you to maybe squeeze a slim fan above the power supply but even without the cable it's probably to tight without modifying how the power supply is mounted. I was thinking you could maybe squeeze in a few 40mm fans under the GPU to get some air moving around, but the cuts outs would not be ideal. The only other place you may be able to squeeze one in would be behind the power supply as your using a short card, but honestly I'd get the system built and see how you get on with the single 120

countvonmee

Efficiency Noob
Oct 13, 2019
saw a video of a steck installation. Is this a drilled hole for the fan or does the top plate come with these holes ?

Benc

Cable Smoosher
Sep 9, 2019
So my gpu temps were still pretty poor, but tonight I set a custom fan curve and that helped and also a 120mm at the case bottom. I just used an old one I had lying around but I'm going to order a noctua. My question is, should I go for a pressure optimised or an air flow optimised? I was originally thinking air flow, but as the cut outs are a little restricted I'm not wonder if pressure would be better?

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
For bottom fan, get pressure optimized fans. Unless you mod the bottom of the case to have bigger cut out. Have you over tried undervolting with overclocking?

MadMonK85

Efficiency Noob
Oct 14, 2019
Hello,
Can someone measure the gap between the top cover and the top edge of the matherboard plate? I plan to install at least one Noctua A9x14 to the top to exhaust. Or should I look for a slimmer fan? For example 10 mm?

MadMonK85

Efficiency Noob
Oct 14, 2019

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Hello,
Can someone measure the gap between the top cover and the top edge of the matherboard plate? I plan to install at least one Noctua A9x14 to the top to exhaust. Or should I look for a slimmer fan? For example 10 mm?

I think even 10mm is going to interfere, and if not with the mobo itself, then with the riser cable for sure.

Benc

Cable Smoosher
Sep 9, 2019
Including the height of the magnet strips you have 12.5mm but as @Allhopeforhumanity mentions the riser cable is there also. You may be able to route this behind the motherboard on the motherboard side of the frame, but it would be very tight, also you would need a way of mounting the fan. I think you may be better with a top hat if you want the extra fans, unless you can find something super slim. On the power supply side you have You coul in theory did a 120x15 fan or a 80mm fan if you could mount it, and then you could fit another at the bottom of the case, but you would need to move you power supply down as @MadMonK85 suggests and be very tight with your cabling. Also a full size gpu's power cables would likely be in the way unless there are cards with them rear mounted?

brownelvis

Trash Compacter
Jun 5, 2019
Is it at all detrimental to change the orientation of the nouvolo steck? I was going to liquid cool the gpu and air cool the cpu, so i wanted to use the GPU intake side panel of the case as the bottom, i guess i would just use sticky rubber feet or something to that effect

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Is it at all detrimental to change the orientation of the nouvolo steck? I was going to liquid cool the gpu and air cool the cpu, so i wanted to use the GPU intake side panel of the case as the bottom, i guess i would just use sticky rubber feet or something to that effect
Do you mean that the GPU would be on the bottom and CPU on the top side? (Basically you'd be turning you case 90°)

KriZ

Cable Smoosher
Jul 26, 2019
I leave the CPU panel open (the ventilation hole don't align with the CPU fan which is very unfortunate). The CPU fan can be noisy under load. Would you say it's useless to add a fan underneath the PSU, considering the side panel is open?

Should I go for a 15 or 25mm fan? I don't have custom cables, so it's a bit messy down there... I think both should probably fit, but with a 25mm it will be more tightly packed, leaving less space for air to flow?

brownelvis

Trash Compacter
Jun 5, 2019
I leave the CPU panel open (the ventilation hole don't align with the CPU fan which is very unfortunate). The CPU fan can be noisy under load. Would you say it's useless to add a fan underneath the PSU, considering the side panel is open?

Should I go for a 15 or 25mm fan? I don't have custom cables, so it's a bit messy down there... I think both should probably fit, but with a 25mm it will be more tightly packed, leaving less space for air to flow?

I tried a 15mm fan as exhaust, it didnt seem to do much of anything in my build. Two top exhaust fans using the stack kit made a very big difference though

Reactions: KriZ

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
fair enough, it'll have to stay up right then i guess.
If you decide to you use glass panels, you could put the feet on that with some adhesive. (NOT VHB tape, but a decent 3m double sided foam/tape should be fine). but I would not recommend using it on the metal side panel, I'd be afraid of it bowing the panel.