Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

madmax

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2019
The Asrock Challenger, PowerColor Red Dragon, and Gigabyte Windforce (there is a 42mm and a 50mm version, make sure you get the right one) are all under 45mm. Of the 3, the Challenger has been on sale the cheapest, and the Windforce seems to have the best temp/noise ratio in the reviews I've seen.
As far as I know, the thin Gigabyte Gaming/Windforce coolers only exist for RTX cards, not for 5700XT

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Yeah and hardware unboxed(Australian YouTuber) rated it one of the best for ~20usd over MSRP. Although they called it a 3 slot cooler even though it's just a smidge over a 2 slot cooler.(49mm)

They have like 4 SKUs of their 3 fan cooler, 2 of which are true 2-slot varients from what I remember. Obviously they will be a bit worse thermally than the 49mm version, but if you don't want to worry about fitment is probably still the way to go.

Edit: Mixed up the 2070s and 5700xt SKUs. There is only 1 5700xt 3 fan cooler model from Gigabyte as Poblo's review link covers.

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
They have like 4 SKUs of their 3 fan cooler, 2 of which are true 2-slot varients from what I remember. Obviously they will be a bit worse thermally than the 49mm version, but if you don't want to worry about fitment is probably still the way to go.
I only see one 5700 xt, 3 fan product on their site.

GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
Is it worth the extra money for a 2070S over a 5700XT?
I'm looking at a 'blower' style and there's a £100+ ($123+) difference on the price for very similar performance.
The only obvious difference is the Ray Tracing.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
This is the 49mm version

Yeah, see my response to Poblo, you were correct.

Is it worth the extra money for a 2070S over a 5700XT?
I'm looking at a 'blower' style and there's a £100+ ($123+) difference on the price for very similar performance.
The only obvious difference is the Ray Tracing.

I'd say if you have already have a Gsync panel or if you really want those RTX features then it might be worth it, otherwise the XT is going to be the better price/performance card.

Reactions: Poblopuablo

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
I'd say if you have already have a Gsync panel or if you really want those RTX features then it might be worth it, otherwise the XT is going to be the better price/performance card.
I've currently got an old rig with a 2x1080p monitors, an FX-8350 and a GTX970, so anything will be a massive improvement.
I'm planning a R7-2700X (possibly R7-3800X if I can pull together the cash) and torn between the 2070S and the 5700XT.
I just honestly can't seem to justify the extra expense for the GPU, but at the same time I fell like I'll be missing out if I don't. haha

It'll probably come down to how much money I have when I come to buy.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I've currently got an old rig with a 2x1080p monitors, an FX-8350 and a GTX970, so anything will be a massive improvement.
I'm planning a R7-2700X (possibly R7-3800X if I can pull together the cash) and torn between the 2070S and the 5700XT.
I just honestly can't seem to justify the extra expense for the GPU, but at the same time I fell like I'll be missing out if I don't. haha

It'll probably come down to how much money I have when I come to buy.

Depending on your use case, a 3600(x), RAM with tight timings, and spending the rest on maxing out the GPU is what I'd recommend for gaming; but if you are rendering/simulating and the extra threads are a must then the 2700(x) makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: LexImatx

jmanz

Case Bender
Oct 8, 2019
The Asrock Challenger, PowerColor Red Dragon, and Gigabyte Windforce (there is a 42mm and a 50mm version, make sure you get the right one) are all under 45mm. Of the 3, the Challenger has been on sale the cheapest, and the Windforce seems to have the best temp/noise ratio in the reviews I've seen.
Thanks for the list! Looks like I'll have to wait for them to be released on my country. My other option is to buy it from newegg but I'm not sure how complicated is their international warranty.

BrziHR

Cable Smoosher
Sep 13, 2019
Id like to give a big thank you to Nouvolo for getting out of their way to ship a case to Croatia. A++

We dont have much itx offering here so this was amazing. Pics will follow as soon as the case arrives

Reactions: chyll2 and rfarmer

Benc

Cable Smoosher
Sep 9, 2019
What are people using for the 120 fan under the PSU? I'm struggling a bit with noise on my gpu so hoping A case fan might help. I'm running an original GTX titan so it's a blower style and man it's noisy. Nothing against the case as even with the sides off its still howling under load. I'm not sure between Full height redux noctua line or the slim line noctuas. I think the noise info on the noctua site quote the fans at full load, but ideally I'd want to run it at a low rpm.

Edit: my thinking is the extra case fan may get some cooler air into the intake on the end of the card ..

Last edited:

Mango

Trash Compacter
Apr 10, 2016
@Nouvolo In a previous post, you said v1.1 will be running for a while. Can I assume a v2.0 won't be available until (well into) 2020? Just trying to convince myself that I won't miss out on an imminent release if/when I order the rest of my parts later this year.

Blahbleh

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
Hey there, I'm waiting for november's black friday to buy my parts, and I'm still hesitating between an RX590 and Vega 56 as some models are very close in terms of price (especially Sapphire Nitro+ RX590 and MSI Air Boost Vega 56). However I would like to avoid blower cards. I'll have an exhaust fan at the case's bottom. The only one I found is the PowerColor 2D2HC but I want to make a Hackintosh, and PowerColor and XFX cards are not recommended at all for some VBIOS reasons.

So my question is:
Do you know any Vega 56 GPU that can fit the Steck, and which is NOT a blower version neither from PowerColor nor XFX ? I'm OK to mod the card to make it fit if needed.

Benc

Cable Smoosher
Sep 9, 2019
I'm running an original GTX titan so it's a blower style and man it's noisy.

To follow up, I striped the titan today, replaced some of the thermal pads, new compound and removed a whole load of dust... Has made a massive difference to the noise, will give it a proper test tonight but first impressions is it's much quieter and runs about 10 Deg lower at idle! Still looking for a case fan, but at least it's not 'gaming laptop' loud anymore!

Reactions: Poblopuablo

countvonmee

Efficiency Noob
Oct 13, 2019
Hi guys, while waiting for my steck to arrive i'm planning to order some noctua case fans but i am not sure about the max number of fans that the case (without top hat) can take. i'm planning to have 2 NF-A12x15 PWM as intake in the bottom and 1 NF-A12x15 PWM as exhaust is that possible or overly excessive? Are there any other silent fans that you guys can recommend? want to keep it quiet and cool, Thanks!

Configs:
ryzen 3600
Msi B450i
1 TB M.2
zotec 1070 ti Mini
500 GB SSD drive
cosair sfx450

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Hi guys, while waiting for my steck to arrive i'm planning to order some noctua case fans but i am not sure about the max number of fans that the case (without top hat) can take. i'm planning to have 2 NF-A12x15 PWM as intake in the bottom and 1 NF-A12x15 PWM as exhaust is that possible or overly excessive? Are there any other silent fans that you guys can recommend? want to keep it quiet and cool, Thanks!

Configs:
ryzen 3600
Msi B450i
1 TB M.2
zotec 1070 ti Mini
500 GB SSD drive
cosair sfx450
There is only a single 120mm fan mount on the bottom. You could mod the case to put a slim 120mm underneath the case. (under the motherboard, but you'd have to drill holes. And install it underneath the bottom panel).

As for the top, there is no mounting locations and *if* you wanted to intall one, the only way I can think of doing it would be to mount it to the top panel thus drilling holes in the top panel and screwing the fan through the top..... All of this is *IF* there is even space to install it (which I don't think there is, especially if you have a tall GPU)