Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Something like this? https//www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-263422-Automotive-Enamel-Matte/dp/B00F87S5KM/ref=asc_df_B00F87S5KM/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216767879473&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13367387032507378065&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1020086&hvtargid=pla-396537644772&psc=1

The link is broken for me. But most automotive enamels are good.

Would that configuration work with a blower card? I'm running a 3900x and I'm a little concerned with everything overheating in such a cramped space. Also I've read that negative pressure will accumulate dust so should I be adding filters?

Yeah, a blower would work better with bottom intake. That depends on how dusty your living space is. I prefer to go filterless and just blow out my rig every few months for what little dust accumulates. Filters in general increase the resistance of the intake, making the fan pull less air in a noisier fashion.

Reactions: Klaustraphobic

Klaustraphobic

Efficiency Noob
Oct 3, 2019
The link is broken for me. But most automotive enamels are good.

Yeah, a blower would work better with bottom intake. That depends on how dusty your living space is. I prefer to go filterless and just blow out my rig every few months for what little dust accumulates. Filters in general increase the resistance of the intake, making the fan pull less air in a noisier fashion.

Thanks for the advice I guess my configuration will be bottom intake and top 2 exhaust...unless I can put the stack unit at the bottom and single fan at the top? Might make airflow more balanced since the blower is technically an exhaust?

My place is super dusty so unfortunately looks like some filtering is necessary

izzul94

Efficiency Noob
Sep 23, 2019
Can anyone give me the exact dimension of side panel and top (prefer using the dimension of the vented side panel instead of glass). Would have measured on my case myself but I'm away for a week and plan to just order the custom panel and ready to install them when I'm home. Would appreciate your help :)

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Ahha yeah maybe but the case will be closed..it leaves a good amount of space for a fan under!
One thing that could help others to reduce thickness would be to not do all the soldering in the middle. Maybe a couple closer to one connector and some closer to the other to connector. (Spreading out the heatshrink from just being in one spot).

Reactions: damnre

Blahbleh

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
Hi first post here, I'm lurking this forum and r/sffpc since a few months now. I received my v1.1 a few days ago. Delivery was very fast. Shipped monday 23th September, arrived Thursday 26th aat home (western Europe). With the high Paypal conversion rate and the duty, I paid a total of (160 + 40 =) 200€, which is a bit higher than expected. Also, I'm affected by the hexagonal shapes near the power button (two of them).

Anyone else tried Hackintosh?

Post from u/arnaud-arthur
The build I'm planning is dual boot Windows/Hackintosh, macOS being for everyday use and sound making, and Windows for gaming. I'm waiting for November sales to buy the parts, still hesitating for the CPU and GPU (will depend on the deals I find) but should be something like i7-9700 (non K, hard to find) with RX 580. I'm also looking into Vega 56/64 that getting very good deals since a few weeks, but afaik only some blower versions can fit the Steck, and I'm afraid of too much noise, as it will be fully air cooled. I'm planning on a 120mm exhaust fan at the bottom, and fan ducts for both a L12S and the GPU. Also planning in cutting some bits of the bottom plate under the case fan area (as seen in this thread a few post earlier) in order to get a better air flow and maybe less air perturbation/noise.

Should I setup a discord channel? Nouvolo doesn't have someone to attend it full time, it will mostly be for community chat. Your feedback is welcome.
Would be a wonderful idea !

BrziHR

Cable Smoosher
Sep 13, 2019
@Nouvolo don't know if you are not receiving mails or something. I have sent 2 mails now if it is possible to get this great case shipped to Croatia (member of the European Union same like Germany). If not possible via the store can you please arrange something via paypal. I really don't want to fuss with a proxy to get my case

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
@Nouvolo don't know if you are not receiving mails or something. I have sent 2 mails now if it is possible to get this great case shipped to Croatia (member of the European Union same like Germany). If not possible via the store can you please arrange something via paypal. I really don't want to fuss with a proxy to get my case
Need to check with our shipping agent if your country is covered. Let us get back to you on that.
UPDATE: please email your full address so that we can check for more accurate cost of shipping

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Has anyone tried installing a non-reference version of 5700 xt? Everything seems to be thicker than the suggested width (45mm). The thinnest I found is Radeon RX 5700 XT Mech OC which is 46mm.

The Asrock Challenger, PowerColor Red Dragon, and Gigabyte Windforce (there is a 42mm and a 50mm version, make sure you get the right one) are all under 45mm. Of the 3, the Challenger has been on sale the cheapest, and the Windforce seems to have the best temp/noise ratio in the reviews I've seen.