Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

calypso

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2019
Me too. I think a single 240mm rad is just fine instead of 2 for me. I just would love to see a medium stack so I can have 2 intake fans from bottom. If someone can 3d print the mod and sell, I would love to see that.

Two 120 fans can go in the top or bottom instead of the radiator. I asked on Twitter.

Missingchoco

Cable Smoosher
Jun 3, 2019
+1 for stacks! Small or medium, either stack would be awesome. That being said I remember a post saying it ain't coming until next year so probably something else.

Last edited:

KriZ

Cable Smoosher
Jul 26, 2019
If some better vented side panels would be for sale, that would be amazing. A low stack unit for some fans could be interesting.

calypso

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2019
anyone who has this case know if side and top dust filters would work with the vented panels? either custom ones I guess? I have 3 cats and a terribly old carpeted room.

maybe an upgrade for V2 perhaps

calypso

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2019
Ok everyone I just discovered Demciflex

They do custom dust filters and have some for the ghost and dan.

I imagine using the ghost s1 filters for the side and top would work just fine.

They also come in black and white.

Perfect.

My one problem is that all these SFf cases rarely come with dust filters.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Ok everyone I just discovered Demciflex

They do custom dust filters and have some for the ghost and dan.

I imagine using the ghost s1 filters for the side and top would work just fine.

They also come in black and white.

Perfect.

My one problem is that all these SFf cases rarely come with dust filters.
~~I'm confused as to why their magnetic because I believe the ghost, just like the steck, are made of aluminum...~~

Edit: https://www.demcifilter.com/louqe-ghost-s1-side-filter

"This filter was designed to fit the side panels of the Louqe Ghost S1 Computer case. It fits both left and right side panels. As the side panels are made of aluminum this filter includes the peel and stick magnetic frame that must be fitted onto the side panel. The filter will adhere to this frame."​

Last edited:
Reactions: calypso

KriZ

Cable Smoosher
Jul 26, 2019
anyone who has this case know if side and top dust filters would work with the vented panels? either custom ones I guess? I have 3 cats and a terribly old carpeted room.

maybe an upgrade for V2 perhaps

I'm definitely no expert, but the panels are already inadequately vented. I wouldn't recommend blocking them even more with dust filters. The panels are magnetic so blowing the dust out regularly would be an easy alternative.

brownelvis

Trash Compacter
Jun 5, 2019
has anyone done air cooled builds with the tempered glass? im thinking of two 120s instead of a radiator and a 120 in the bottom running exhaust.
I use a 1070mini from MSI and an 8700 non K
going to upgrade to the gigabyte 2070mini when possible.
before anyone says anything I find AIOs annoying to work with. and I don't overclock nor care much for it. if I do overclock its on the GPU
and Im running a blower card so it stay pretty cool already.
I also run 1080p at 60fps which is fine for me.

also how is traveling with this case? can I throw it in a backpack and take it with me? waaaay lazy to search the forums if any of this has been asked before.

i run this setup with the vented panels, it creates a negative pressure environment and forces air in through the sides and works pretty well. I am not sure how this would work with glass panels, you might be able to raise the glass slightly off but then the air intake would be right next to the fans. You would probably want to create a wind tunnel effect with bottom intake and top exhaust, with plenty of clearance on the bottom for intake. this could work if you're not running hardware with high power draw.

also, i am using the top rad mount for 2x 140 fans with 120mm mounts, but I found airflow improved a bit when i cut out the middle sections, so its worthwhile doing that to increase airflow if you're planning to run this setup

Reactions: calypso

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I'm definitely no expert, but the panels are already inadequately vented. I wouldn't recommend blocking them even more with dust filters. The panels are magnetic so blowing the dust out regularly would be an easy alternative.
The pannels are aluminum, they do get 2 strips of magnetic adhesive, but that won't help much when adding a magnetic dust filter.

calypso

Cable Smoosher
Aug 15, 2019
i run this setup with the vented panels, it creates a negative pressure environment and forces air in through the sides and works pretty well. I am not sure how this would work with glass panels, you might be able to raise the glass slightly off but then the air intake would be right next to the fans. You would probably want to create a wind tunnel effect with bottom intake and top exhaust, with plenty of clearance on the bottom for intake. this could work if you're not running hardware with high power draw.

also, i am using the top rad mount for 2x 140 fans with 120mm mounts, but I found airflow improved a bit when i cut out the middle sections, so its worthwhile doing that to increase airflow if you're planning to run this setup

perfect. ive decided to get a founders 2080 super when possible. why not right? still thinking of throwing in dust filters for the sides. the fans are so close to the vents i cant imagive why airflow would be bad.

would you reccomend 2x120 fans for the top or 2 x140 fans? and a bottom fan on exhaust as well maybe.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
it is not a problem but the vents can be improved (more or bigger holes). so adding a filter on the side panel will probably hamper it more

I would recommend 2x120mm fans since I am not sure if 2x140mm is supported.

Btw, any one here have designed or crafted a tophat that can accommodate 120x25 fans?